PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

Oh yeah, did anyone download the Assassin's Creed II DLC? How is it? I'm gonna get a PSN card tomorrow.

Good but short. Took me an hour to get through. No new trophies, but it is a cool add to the storyline.

How short we talkin' here? An hour?

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Remember this pic from E3 a few years back. The pic that officially started this gen console war:

petermoore--article_image.jpg

laugh.gif

Microsoft thought they would win this generation console war by having the exclusive episodes deal because they saw last gen how many PS2 consoles sold because of GTA III, GTA: Vice City, and GTA: San Andreas all were released first on PS2 first back then 
No they did not think that, they made the deal so that the 360 version should have a shot against the ps3 version because the GTA series and Rockstar were so tied to the Sony brand in the eyes of the consumer. Looking back the deal was unnecessary, but M$ did make a profit of the deal so I guess everyone wins at the end of the day 
How did Microsoft make $$$ off that deal ? They paid anywhere from at least $50 million for these episodes. It's safe to safe R* finally decided to make these episodes available on PS3 because they saw how bad they were losing $$$ themselves by the poor sales the episodes were doing on XBOX 360.

Check out this article:

Link:

http://gameinformer.com/b...gta-expansion-sales.aspx

there are no official facts released to the public on what the deal was but i think one popular consensus was that it was an interest free 50mil loan, one desperately needed by rockstar at the time

the plan to make money was for people to purchase it on 360 when it came out, M$s whole selling point was "360, the only way to play the complete GTA experience" or something like that, not that it matters now, but thats what it was, and sales have indicated that during release more people purchased it on 360 which was the plan

as for me, these things really shouldnt be costing 40 dollars or 20 dollars individually after how poorly they sold

Main reason i got the AC2 DLC is beecause you get to use the flying machine and i missed that trophy.

What's a good online multiplayer co-opish game you can play with your (3 other) friends? no mw2 or borderlands.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Remember this pic from E3 a few years back. The pic that officially started this gen console war:

petermoore--article_image.jpg

laugh.gif

Microsoft thought they would win this generation console war by having the exclusive episodes deal because they saw last gen how many PS2 consoles sold because of GTA III, GTA: Vice City, and GTA: San Andreas all were released first on PS2 first back then 
No they did not think that, they made the deal so that the 360 version should have a shot against the ps3 version because the GTA series and Rockstar were so tied to the Sony brand in the eyes of the consumer. Looking back the deal was unnecessary, but M$ did make a profit of the deal so I guess everyone wins at the end of the day 
How did Microsoft make $$$ off that deal ? They paid anywhere from at least $50 million for these episodes. It's safe to safe R* finally decided to make these episodes available on PS3 because they saw how bad they were losing $$$ themselves by the poor sales the episodes were doing on XBOX 360.

Check out this article:

Link:

http://gameinformer.com/b...gta-expansion-sales.aspx

there are no official facts released to the public on what the deal was but i think one popular consensus was that it was an interest free 50mil loan, one desperately needed by rockstar at the time

the plan to make money was for people to purchase it on 360 when it came out, M$s whole selling point was "360, the only way to play the complete GTA experience" or something like that, not that it matters now, but thats what it was, and sales have indicated that during release more people purchased it on 360 which was the plan

as for me, these things really shouldnt be costing 40 dollars or 20 dollars individually after how poorly they sold
http://texyt.com/ [h1]Microsoft pays $50 million for Xbox GTA game exclusive[/h1]
Link:

http://texyt.com/Microsoft+pays+$50m+for+GTA+4+episodes+00111

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Both are the exact same. I play it on a controller and it's a !@+@#. GET A STICK.

nah i already got 9 inches

but wat i meant to ask was how hard is the transition from controller to the arcade. cus we got the mvc2 arcade at my church and i wanna go in there and whoop some cheeks.

It's SO much easier on the arcade. I play it on my controller and I get blisters from using the D-pad, not to mention it's a nightmare having to press square triangle or X circle every time you wanna do a Hyper Combo.

Trust me, if you wanna play MvC2 on PS3, get a stick (and you know what I mean).

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Just got the Platinum Trophy for Demon's Souls. I feel great...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
damn nice work
im still having problems fighting the false king what a cheater
poison cloud + thief's ring = slow painful death for the false king.
laugh.gif

and you'll never take a single bit of damage.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

edit:
i just realized that i put in about 200 hours of work into this game between 6 different characters i made just to get the platinum.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
damn nice work
2nd playthrough I just shot his #+! with arrows from the doorway. Wasn't even gonna attempt that ##!*!+++ again.
laugh.gif

Get a real good bow (except the lava bow because he'll stagger back too far if you use it) and a crapload of arrows. When you go up the elevator and enter the fog DON'T MOVE. Aim to the left of his head and do work.

thanks for the tips. i walked into the the room and 2 mins later i was sick and disgusted

how that cheater was a boss
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

It's SO much easier on the arcade. I play it on my controller and I get blisters from using the D-pad, not to mention it's a nightmare having to press square triangle or X circle every time you wanna do a Hyper Combo.

Trust me, if you wanna play MvC2 on PS3, get a stick (and you know what I mean).

aite thanks mang ima cop it mvc2 then. i never liked fighting games like street fighter and such but i wanna try to make some new friends at church hopefully by beating they +%% cheeks in mvc2

thanks for the tips. i walked into the the room and 2 mins later i was sick and disgusted

laugh.gif
the firelurker and the maneaters arent as hard compared to him. when he does the soulsucker on you
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUTTA SAUCE

LimitedRetroOG said:

aite thanks mang ima cop it mvc2 then. i never liked fighting games like street fighter and such but i wanna try to make some new friends at church hopefully by beating they *+! cheeks in mvc2
Good luck...
laugh.gif
It's not an easy game to master... AT ALL.

laugh.gif
the firelurker and the maneaters arent as hard compared to him. when he does the soulsucker on you
sick.gif
smh.gif
yea the firelurker i killed by myself,but once this dude used that attack that takes up the whole room i was done

so is it confirmed that the episodes are coming to the ps3?

i dont feel like looking through the thread

I'm still working on getting the platinum trophy for God Of War. I'm 3 trophies away from getting it.

The frickin Gold Trophy: I'll Take The Physical Challenge, where you have to complete the Challenge Of The Gods is really making me
mad.gif
I get to the 6th challenge where it's timed and you have 35 seconds to jump on 4 or 5 moving pods but what makes it hard is the frickin archers who are shooting at you and then you have to also time your jumps right when jumping onto the pods.

The other trophies I need is the silver trophy for called "Stick it in your cap" where you have to find and collect all of the Phoenix Feathers. I'm on my 2nd play through of the game right now and think I haven't missed any so far.

The last trophy I need is the gold trophy "Speed Of Jason McDonald" where you have to beat the game in under 5 hours. I'm going to try getting that trophy on my 3rd play through of the game.

But for now I've moved on and started playing God Of War II.

laugh.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
yea the firelurker i killed by myself,but once this dude used that attack that takes up the whole room i was done

you either got to keep hitting him until he flinches if you're close, or run for your dear life all the way across the room.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by yancancook90

am i the only one thats not impressed w/ Heavy Rain?

Yes, you are def in the minority. Game looks amazing, and with all the different choices you have to make at any given time, wow. Script was supposed to be 2,000 pages for the game.
pimp.gif

Can't wait til the 23rd to get this. Goodbye Modern Warfare 2.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
damn nice work

VERY NICE WORK, im still on the blue dragon

Im ready to throw this game in the trash, anytime i play it now. I took a 4 month break and i cant seem to get back into the grove of things

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Grand_Theft_Auto_Episodes_from_Liberty__City_box_art.jpg

ONLY ON XBOX 360

laugh.gif

Correct me if im wrong, but has this been confirmed for the PS3? Even more so, why laugh now... We've played it - beat it, moving on to something else now. With GTA selling 2:1 Xbox to PS3 don't expect this to all of a sudden become "big".

So
laugh.gif
 I guess
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Grand_Theft_Auto_Episodes_from_Liberty__City_box_art.jpg

ONLY ON XBOX 360
laugh.gif
Correct me if im wrong, but has this been confirmed for the PS3? Even more so, why laugh now... We've played it - beat it, moving on to something else now. With GTA selling 2:1 Xbox to PS3 don't expect this to all of a sudden become "big".
So
laugh.gif
 I guess
eyes.gif

http://kotaku.com/5459329...announced-for-ps3-and-pc
Released on the Xbox 360 in October 2009, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City is coming to the PlayStation 3 and Games for Windows - LIVE.
Episodes from Liberty City is a compilation of the episodicdownloadable content for Grand Theft Auto IV and includes expansionpacks The Lost and Damned (originally released on Xbox LIVE in February2009) and The Ballad of Gay Tony (originally released in October 2009).

"It's been a long time coming, but we are proud to finally deliverEpisodes From Liberty City for the PC and PlayStation 3," said SamHouser. "We appreciate the patience of our PlayStation 3 and PC fansworldwide, and we look forward to putting the games in your hands thisMarch."

Both episodes will be available together on one disc on March 30.The PS3 version is priced at US$39.99, and the episodes areindividually available on the PlayStation Network for $19.99 each.

According to the title's publisher, Games for Windows - LIVE playerscan enjoy 32-player multiplayer matches and an advanced video editor,and all fans will experience new songs on the updated soundtrack asfeatured across Liberty City's 13 diverse radio stations, alongsidein-game television and Liberty City's own internet.

Back
Top Bottom