PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Correct me if im wrong, but has this been confirmed for the PS3? Even more so, why laugh now... We've played it - beat it, moving on to something else now. With GTA selling 2:1 Xbox to PS3 don't expect this to all of a sudden become "big".

So
laugh.gif
 I guess
eyes.gif

But GTA IV sucked.... so who cares.

Sell 100:1 on 360. No one cares....
laugh.gif
 Rockstar might sell a million of these on PS3, but we were on that game for a week before realizing how nothing was new. Might as well have been GTA III: Liberty City

Valkyria Chronicles any good?
gamestop selling it for $20 brand new. (sd)

thinking about picking it up

Originally Posted by TBwsf

WOW 20 bucks, thats a steal
Great game, i paid 50CND for mine

pick it up ASAP

Originally Posted by TBwsf

Saw this last week at GS and copped it instantly
Game is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

But GTA IV sucked.... so who cares.

Pretty much. I beat it and almost instantly got bored. At least MW2 has a decent online mode to keep me interested.

I havent even played MW2 in forever....+$%% got boring to me...hopefully BC2 is better

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Just got the Platinum Trophy for Demon's Souls. I feel great...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
damn nice work
im still having problems fighting the false king what a cheater

VERY NICE WORK, im still on the blue dragon

Im ready to throw this game in the trash, anytime i play it now. I took a 4 month break and i cant seem to get back into the grove of things

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you need any help? i am willing to offer my services for the right price of course.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Just got the Platinum Trophy for Demon's Souls. I feel great...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
damn nice work
im still having problems fighting the false king what a cheater

VERY NICE WORK, im still on the blue dragon

Im ready to throw this game in the trash, anytime i play it now. I took a 4 month break and i cant seem to get back into the grove of things

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you need any help? i am willing to offer my services for the right price of course.
laugh.gif
one pure bladestone and I'll distract the dragon...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Remember this pic from E3 a few years back. The pic that officially started this gen console war:

petermoore--article_image.jpg

laugh.gif

Microsoft thought they would win this generation console war by having the exclusive episodes deal because they saw last gen how many PS2 consoles sold because of GTA III, GTA: Vice City, and GTA: San Andreas all were released first on PS2 first back then 
No they did not think that, they made the deal so that the 360 version should have a shot against the ps3 version because the GTA series and Rockstar were so tied to the Sony brand in the eyes of the consumer. Looking back the deal was unnecessary, but M$ did make a profit of the deal so I guess everyone wins at the end of the day 
How did Microsoft make $$$ off that deal ? They paid anywhere from at least $50 million for these episodes. It's safe to safe R* finally decided to make these episodes available on PS3 because they saw how bad they were losing $$$ themselves by the poor sales the episodes were doing on XBOX 360.

Check out this article:

Link:

http://gameinformer.com/b...gta-expansion-sales.aspx
That article proves nothing. I just says 2k was pissed the expansions did not sell like crazy. MS made got 50% of all online sales for the game they were more than half way to making the $50 back after the first expansion. @@!@ sells on the 360, unlike other systems......Check Uncharted 2's sales 

Does Arkham Asylum have any replay value or is it one of those games where you beat once and never touch it again? Same goes for God of War and Little Big Planet.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
one pure bladestone and I'll distract the dragon...
laugh.gif
wait, ur gonna give me a Pure Bladestone and distract the dragon while i take it out?
eek.gif

what level is your character? i think we might have a deal.
laugh.gif

now for some other news:

[h1]Sony Rescues Bayonetta from Sega[/h1]

Sega has admitted that its recent patch for the botched PS3 port of Bayonetta was actually made for it by Sony.

The patch itself comes in at 135mb, with its main feature being to allow a 4.5GB install, fixing the “unfixable

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Does Arkham Asylum have any replay value or is it one of those games where you beat once and never touch it again?
are you trying to get a plat from it? if so then yes, the story line is amazing... i'm borrowing it from a friend right now and it's
pimp.gif

2sappy, i may take u up on the offer in April

haha

Its not the first part of the blue dragon that got me, it was the second part ( did not know where to go to attack him)

haha

Its not the first part of the blue dragon that got me, it was the second part ( did not know where to go to attack him)

the part where he attaches himself to the wall and blows fire down the stairway?
if you went and rescued Biorr, he should serve as the distraction for you to run all the way up and get underneath him. it should be easy from there.

[h2]Good Job Sony, PS3’s Now Profitable, What’s Next?[/h2]
by Ernice Gilbert on January 29th, 2010, under Editorials

9 Comments »

Can you remember? I sure can, articles about the PS3’s doom andgloom were circulating carelessly across the web. ‘PS3 is dead’ somewould say, betting on the demise of Sony’s flagship console. But whereare they now? No place to be found, palely they hide behind the scenesor have made a 180 and suddenly singing PS3 praises. lessoned learned?Never bet against the PlayStation brand.

It’s a brand that has been around for decades, making games longbefore some of us could even read; far less write, but now things haveclearly turned around for the hardware giant and we all should feelgood about that.

Just yesterday, we learnt in a report from Japanese new paper Nikkei(via reuters) that Sony is poised to announce a ¥100 Billion ($1.1billion) surge in profit for the period of October through December2009. Not only that but the profits will be much higher than thecompany’s own forecast, great news which will surely send its stockshooting for the stars. The reason for the profits? Well the sameconsole that some journalists weere singing its swan song, is the sameone responsible for this burst of growth. See how fast things couldchange?

Ever since PS3 launched back in August of last year and with a newlower price tag of $299, Sony has seen its PlayStation business wentfrom struggling to reach its goals to struggling to keep up with highdemand. For consecutive months the PS3 outsold Xbox 360 and NintendoWii in all regions making the Slim down console an instant hit. Greatjob Sony, we’re proud of you, but now you must keep up the pace, youcan’t sit and get comfortable, there’s no room for complacency. So wewant to know you have big things and big plans in store for us, wehoping to know…. what’s next?

Originally Posted by i3allistic

[h2]Good Job Sony, PS3’s Now Profitable, What’s Next?[/h2]
by Ernice Gilbert on January 29th, 2010, under Editorials

9 Comments »

Can you remember? I sure can, articles about the PS3’s doom andgloom were circulating carelessly across the web. ‘PS3 is dead’ somewould say, betting on the demise of Sony’s flagship console. But whereare they now? No place to be found, palely they hide behind the scenesor have made a 180 and suddenly singing PS3 praises. lessoned learned?Never bet against the PlayStation brand.

It’s a brand that has been around for decades, making games longbefore some of us could even read; far less write, but now things haveclearly turned around for the hardware giant and we all should feelgood about that.

Just yesterday, we learnt in a report from Japanese new paper Nikkei(via reuters) that Sony is poised to announce a ¥100 Billion ($1.1billion) surge in profit for the period of October through December2009. Not only that but the profits will be much higher than thecompany’s own forecast, great news which will surely send its stockshooting for the stars. The reason for the profits? Well the sameconsole that some journalists weere singing its swan song, is the sameone responsible for this burst of growth. See how fast things couldchange?

Ever since PS3 launched back in August of last year and with a newlower price tag of $299, Sony has seen its PlayStation business wentfrom struggling to reach its goals to struggling to keep up with highdemand. For consecutive months the PS3 outsold Xbox 360 and NintendoWii in all regions making the Slim down console an instant hit. Greatjob Sony, we’re proud of you, but now you must keep up the pace, youcan’t sit and get comfortable, there’s no room for complacency. So wewant to know you have big things and big plans in store for us, wehoping to know…. what’s next?
pimp.gif

cue the diddy/ballin gif

haha

the part where he attaches himself to the wall and blows fire down the stairway?
if you went and rescued Biorr, he should serve as the distraction for you to run all the way up and get underneath him. it should be easy from there.

O i rescued Biorr
but when i finally reached that point (took me forever to actual beat him the first time because i ran out of mana alot), i got killed trying to get under him
after that i did not play it again for four months and i was rusty, could not even make it up the tower to face the blue dragon

when i get home in April im going to teleport to the beginning of the level and work my way back

from giant-gamer.blogspot
[h3]MAG to Require Headsets? [/h3]
Posted by ShadowGunner9 at 1:47 PM

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu320/GiantGamer/MAG/3410522790_394bfeb969_o.jpg

It looks like teamwork may actually be required in Zipper Interactive's new massive shooter MAG. Over at Platform Nation it is being speculated that a new rule may be implemented to require headsets in order to play the multiplayer features. 

While this may sound like a bad idea to some, PN thinks that it will help to inspire teamwork and help to create a more enjoyable playing experience:

Now, for me, I don't mind too much when the ordinary soldier isn't wearing a headset, but when a squad leader, platoon leader, or officer in charge doesn't have a headset, I get a bit annoyed.  You see, the point of MAG is to be a FPS like no other game has done, and without communication and teamwork this ends up just being another Call of Duty with a whole lot more people at once.  Communication is key in MAG, especially for those in charge.  Leaders need to constantly be letting their squads know what needs to be done in order to ensure victory.

Zipper Interactive, it seems, feels the exact same way.  According to a recent email from Zipper Interactive sent to GameStop's around the country, MAG will be requiring ALL participants to be wearing a headset in order to play the game starting on February 10th.  This will ensure that MAG becomes the game it is supposed to be: an army communicating and working together to achieve common goals.

Hopefully we will see a bundle including MAG and a headset, making it easier than having to purchase two separate products. It will be, however, hard for those who have already invested their money into buying the standalone game since we have yet to hear if Zipper or Sony will offer any type of deal/rebate. 

Don't have a headset? Don't have MAG either? You can easily buy them at Amazon today!

I dunno how true this is, just passing it along..I thought it was kind of stupid on Sony's part to not include the official headset. And MAG is MSRP $59.99? Online only? Warhawk was 39.99 standalone, $59.99 w/headset..

Time to start hitting up 7 eleven stores on Monday:
Sony Computer Entertainment America announced this morning that7-Eleven is launching a God of War III promotional campaign with aKratos Fury Slurpee and four collectible Kratos-themed Big Gulp cups.

The drinks contain codes that buyers can then redeem for prizes likein-game Morpheus armor for Kratos or God of War III t-shirts andhoodies for your Home avatar. There's also a 7-Eleven exclusivebehind-the-scenes video up for grabs and various PS3 or PC wallpapersand themes.

The promotion kicks off February 1 and lasts until March 31.
j8pg5v.jpg

do73fa.jpg

u966g.jpg

biw8rd.jpg

11mb3gz.jpg

Starting in February, you will be able to run into any 7-Eleven store to pick up a heaping, icy cup of Kratos Fury.

Evan Brody, marketing manager, Slurpee & Big Gulp Brands, says thefrozen concoction is a mix of "ferocious blackberries and frosty limes"and that it will be available through March.

The drink will come in one of four exclusive God of War III Slurpeecups. The cups will include art work and reward codes that can beredeemed at Slurpee.com for God of War III and Slurpee-themeddownloadable content.

^^^
It's not stopping there.
Sony is spending ALOT on their marketing campaign to build up hype for this game.

2vj8ti8.jpg

PO

^

Yeah I'm hoping & waiting for a nice limited edition PS3 Slim God Of War III themed bundle, something like what Japan got with that nice Final Fantasy XIII bundle. If they put one out I will be purchasing my 2nd PS3 and my first PS3 Slim. Rumors have been going around that Target cleared out their inventory of 250GB PS3 Slim and put them on sale for $244 a couple weeks back because they know a PS3 Slim God Of War III is coming.

Back
Top Bottom