PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Cool. How fast is the streaming? Has anyone tried it? I'm selling my elite and I'm trying to make sure Netflix works clean before I do so. Thanks again.
I have it, it's great. Well worth it.
It works fine but it's by far the slowest of the consoles. YES, even the wii is faster over a wired connection
laugh.gif

Like how slow?
http://kotaku.com/5503593...3-is-slower-than-the-wii

Now i've done my own personal testing in my home and for speed it goes 360>wii>PS3 for video clarity it goes 360>PS3>Wii

maybe this will be a lot better when the XMB update hits...

^^^ I can't see the link. But compare it to something. Like, how long does it take to stream a movie? And how consistant is the streaming while the movie is playing?

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Anybody still playing FFXIII? Where you all at?

I completed the game, just running through all the sidequests now. 33% complete, it has taken me a bit becuase I won't move onto the next unless I 5-star the battle.

A word of advice to those playing through still and looking to Platinum....

1.) Lay off upgrading your weapons and accessories as long as you can (even until after the final boss if you can). You get better components after you complete the game, and the better your weapons/accessories, the harder it is to get a 5 star battle rating. If it comes down to it, I suggest power leveling your crystarium over upgrading.

2.) When you get to chapter 11 do some side-quests; don't leave all the side missions until after the game. It is very possible to do the first 15-20 missions. If you wait until you complete the game to come back and do them, it is harder to get a 5-star ranking with an over-powered team.

3.) If you find yourself too over-powered during the mark missions, try equipping a base level weapon to each character. It adds alot of time to the battle specs, allowing you to get that 5-star easier.

How many side missions are there? And are they that tough? Are they rewarding? How many hours have you put in? And since you finished the game, what score would you give it? (out of 10) Be specific but zero on the spoilers.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Infinity Ward Loses Four More[/h2]
media

The mass exodus of Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward team members continued today, as four more team members announced their resignations, according to reports.

According to Kotaku, sources close to the studio have confirmed that lead designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Reike are gone.

Additionally, programmer Rayme Vinson and lead artist Chris Cherubini are said to have resigned from the studio.
As 1UP reported yesterday animator Bruce Ferriz and lead designer Mackey McCandish, along with programmer Jon Shiring, have also resigned. When including last week's departures of lead designer Todd Alderman and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti, that brings the total number of high-profile resignations that we're aware of to nine since the ousting of founders Vince Zampella and Jason West.
Link:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178805

Activision is not playing games. Infinity Ward could wind up closing up shop within the next couple of months.

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

[h2][/h2]
media

The mass exodus of Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward team members continued today, as four more team members announced their resignations, according to reports.

According to Kotaku, sources close to the studio have confirmed that lead designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Reike are gone.

Additionally, programmer Rayme Vinson and lead artist Chris Cherubini are said to have resigned from the studio.
As 1UP reported yesterday animator Bruce Ferriz and lead designer Mackey McCandish, along with programmer Jon Shiring, have also resigned. When including last week's departures of lead designer Todd Alderman and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti, that brings the total number of high-profile resignations that we're aware of to nine since the ousting of founders Vince Zampella and Jason West.
Link:

Activision is not playing games. Infinity Ward could wind up closing up shop within the next couple of months.

Those guys were not fired, the voluntarily resigned. I guarantee you Activision does not want these guys leaving. 

I completed the game, just running through all the sidequests now. 33% complete, it has taken me a bit becuase I won't move onto the next unless I 5-star the battle.

1.) Lay off upgrading your weapons and accessories as long as you can (even until after the final boss if you can). You get better components after you complete the game, and the better your weapons/accessories, the harder it is to get a 5 star battle rating. If it comes down to it, I suggest power leveling your crystarium over upgrading.

2.) When you get to chapter 11 do some side-quests; don't leave all the side missions until after the game. It is very possible to do the first 15-20 missions. If you wait until you complete the game to come back and do them, it is harder to get a 5-star ranking with an over-powered team.

3.) If you find yourself too over-powered during the mark missions, try equipping a base level weapon to each character. It adds alot of time to the battle specs, allowing you to get that 5-star easier.

How many side missions are there? And are they that tough? Are they rewarding? How many hours have you put in? And since you finished the game, what score would you give it? (out of 10) Be specific but zero on the spoilers.
There are about 70 side missions, a few areas to explore, and a couple suprises. The first 20-25 are fairly easy (very easy if you have completed the game before attemtping), but they get progressively harder. The last 5-10 are rediculously tough (so I hear). They are rewarding. You receive items you can find nowhere else in the game (Genji Glove, Dark Matter, ect).

I have put in around 60-65 hours. I estimate about anywhere from 30-60 more, depending on how much power leveling I will have to do.

I would give the game an 8.5/10.

Not the best Final Fantasy by any means, but it definitely is a great addition to the canon. Reminded me alot of FFX, but I would put this ahead of X. I'd rank it probably 6th.

My favorite thing about the storyline is how it was very easy to follow and to relate to. FF series is notorious for getting philisophical to an extreme... this one was fairly straight forward.

The one thing that irritated me through the entire game was you can see they had the potencial to take this game to another level... but for some reason did not. Gran Pulse is amazing, but why couldnt you have an area on Coccoon similiar?

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

[h2][/h2]
media

Link:

Those guys were not fired, the voluntarily resigned. I guarantee you Activision does not want these guys leaving.

Zampella and West brought everything that is happening to IW on themselves though. I have no sympathy.

[h2][/h2]
media

Link:

Zampella and West brought everything that is happening to IW on themselves though. I have no sympathy.

Never understood why there's tons of fanboys crying "activision is the devil" "evil empire" "!$$# activision for treating them like #!@!"

These dudes willingly signed a contract and *supposedly* breached it. Where the hell is the integrity to yourselves, your workers, and your brand name?

The evidence looks damming and if ATVI has solid evidence of them attempting to jump ship to EA then I hope both of them go down in flames for their crimes. I would never want to work under someone who pulled that kind of crap. Because you can see that they felt they were bigger than/were the company.

Wow, seems like a lot of top heads at IW are bouncing. You already know where there they're heading...
So.... was it Activision or IW that is at fault for the lack of support after release?

[h2][/h2]
media

Link:

Never understood why there's tons of fanboys crying "activision is the devil" "evil empire" "!$$# activision for treating them like #!@!"

These dudes willingly signed a contract and *supposedly* breached it. Where the hell is the integrity to yourselves, your workers, and your brand name?

The evidence looks damming and if ATVI has solid evidence of them attempting to jump ship to EA then I hope both of them go down in flames for their crimes. I would never want to work under someone who pulled that kind of crap. Because you can see that they felt they were bigger than/were the company.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Wut. You guys siding with Actvision, do you guys even know is not the first time Activision has found themselves in a situation like this. Just look at what happened to Guitar Hero. Please go read up on both sides. West and Zampella did nothing wrong. They were just planning on leaving the company, that's it. And Activision knew that they would be %@%@#! so they spinned stuff and sueing to force them to give up all legal right they have to the franchise and tech. And if you really knew the history of Actvision, you would know they are the devil of video gaming. They could give a !%#$ about developers, the creative process, customers, consoles, only to stock holders.

You might not want to work for dudes like West and Zampella but tons of developers do, and most of IW will quit and join them at their new studio. Acitvision is going to run the Call of Duty franchise into the ground. The same way they did with Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. 

There are about 70 side missions, a few areas to explore, and a couple suprises. The first 20-25 are fairly easy (very easy if you have completed the game before attemtping), but they get progressively harder. The last 5-10 are rediculously tough (so I hear). They are rewarding. You receive items you can find nowhere else in the game (Genji Glove, Dark Matter, ect).

I have put in around 60-65 hours. I estimate about anywhere from 30-60 more, depending on how much power leveling I will have to do.

I would give the game an 8.5/10.

Not the best Final Fantasy by any means, but it definitely is a great addition to the canon. Reminded me alot of FFX, but I would put this ahead of X. I'd rank it probably 6th.

My favorite thing about the storyline is how it was very easy to follow and to relate to. FF series is notorious for getting philisophical to an extreme... this one was fairly straight forward.

The one thing that irritated me through the entire game was you can see they had the potencial to take this game to another level... but for some reason did not. Gran Pulse is amazing, but why couldnt you have an area on Coccoon similiar?

Damn better than X
nerd.gif
? I'm about 18 hours into the game and I like it, but nothing has grabbed yet that makes me wanna put in serious work. I look forward to the side missions though. Are there trophies for completeing these? And are you going for the platinum?

You are right about the storyline though
laugh.gif
. I have slaughtered ff7 like 4 times and everytime I played it I thought I grasped more and more details in regards to the story. Overall, I thought I understood at least 95% of it
laugh.gif
. But I hoped on wikipedia and NOPE, That % dropped down to at least 60. Like, they were talking about stuff that I did not catch at all.
smh.gif

just curious, but did you upgrade anyone's weapons yet specifically for lighting, fang, and hope. if you did can you post your setup.

thanks for the tips.

I was looking in the strategy guide and it didn't even appear worth it to switch from the original weapons. Is this true? or am I horribly mistaken

Damn better than X
nerd.gif
? I'm about 18 hours into the game and I like it, but nothing has grabbed yet that makes me wanna put in serious work. I look forward to the side missions though. Are there trophies for completeing these? And are you going for the platinum?
Chapter 11 - the game flips into awesome mode. There are trophies for completing the side missions .... 5 I believe. I am going to Plat this game if it takes me the rest of my life.
laugh.gif
 Just for the simple fact that I have played through so many other games in the FF series to 100%. This one I'll actually be able to prove I did.

just curious, but did you upgrade anyone's weapons yet specifically for lighting, fang, and hope. if you did can you post your setup.

I did. You have to understand each character has 8 weapons. Each of these has a second incarnation after you upgrade the 1st level to the max. However, every characters weapon, on the third version, is always the same.

Example - Lightning

Blazefire Saber, turns into Flamberge, turns into Omega Weapon

Lion Heart tuns into Ultima Weapon tutns into Omega Weapon

Make sure you choose a base level weapon that fits that character. I use lightning as both physical (commando) and magic(ravager) attacker, so I went with Blazefire/Flamberge, as it is balanced. Hope is alllll magic, so his weapon stresses magic strength.

Lightning (1st Ravager, 2nd, commando, occasionally a medic) - Flamberge maxed, spint shoes (auto-haste),  aurora scarf (first strike), and collectors catalogue (increased chance of item drop). Difficult battles I'll through on a ribbon.

Fang (1st Commando, 2nd Sentinel, occasional Sabotuer) - Partisan maxed (I know this is a magic strong weapon, but its the first I upgraded and didn't think it through), 3 maxed power gloves.

Hope (1st Medic, 2nd Ravager) - Otchrvani maxed, sprint shoes (auto-haste), weirding glyph (magic +150) and Sorcer's Mark (magic +100)

Via Joystiq.com

Heavy Rain sells one million worldwide
heavy-rain-uae.jpg

No one was exactly sure if Sony's gamble with Heavy Rain would pay off. With no aliens, no stealth kills, and no epic boss battles, the game strayed so far from the mainstream norm that some wondered if it could possibly succeed. Considering the incredible technical effort Heavy Rain represented, it's clear that this was also an expensive experiment for both Sony and Quantic Dream to take on.

After seven weeks of release, Heavy Rain has managed to sell through a million units worldwide, according to an announcement on the PlayStation.Blog. No specifics are offered, but we'll deduce that Europe represents the largest piece of the sales pie; Heavy Rain was completely sold out in that part of the world.

It's unclear if a million units sold is enough for Quantic Dream and Sony to break even on Heavy Rain's lengthy development. Undoubtedly, the game will continue selling through the year, which has us hopeful that the industry will be unafraid to invest in another game like it in the future.

Not surprised. I still gotta beat this game.

i'm surprised that you're not surprised

the developers took a giant risk with this game. i'm shocked it's gone mainstream

Damn better than X
nerd.gif
Chapter 11 - the game flips into awesome mode. There are trophies for completing the side missions .... 5 I believe. I am going to Plat this game if it takes me the rest of my life.
laugh.gif
 Just for the simple fact that I have played through so many other games in the FF series to 100%. This one I'll actually be able to prove I did.

I did. You have to understand each character has 8 weapons. Each of these has a second incarnation after you upgrade the 1st level to the max. However, every characters weapon, on the third version, is always the same.

Example - Lightning

Blazefire Saber, turns into Flamberge, turns into Omega Weapon

Lion Heart tuns into Ultima Weapon tutns into Omega Weapon

Make sure you choose a base level weapon that fits that character. I use lightning as both physical (commando) and magic(ravager) attacker, so I went with Blazefire/Flamberge, as it is balanced. Hope is alllll magic, so his weapon stresses magic strength.

Lightning (1st Ravager, 2nd, commando, occasionally a medic) - Flamberge maxed, spint shoes (auto-haste),  aurora scarf (first strike), and collectors catalogue (increased chance of item drop). Difficult battles I'll through on a ribbon.

Fang (1st Commando, 2nd Sentinel, occasional Sabotuer) - Partisan maxed (I know this is a magic strong weapon, but its the first I upgraded and didn't think it through), 3 maxed power gloves.

Hope (1st Medic, 2nd Ravager) - Otchrvani maxed, sprint shoes (auto-haste), weirding glyph (magic +150) and Sorcer's Mark (magic +100)
s4xkeg.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Via Gamervision.com

Capcom Unveiling Marvel vs Capcom 3 at Captivate?
1271212016r775k21UMN.jpg

Luke Brown of Gamervision.com writes:

"While the rumor of Marvel vs Capcom 3 has been consistently bandied about year after year, this week, that rumor may actually come true. As you may or may not know, this week Capcom is holding their annual Captivate event in Honolulu, Hawaii. Now, normally, when and where they're holding the event wouldn't be a big deal. Of course, when the editor of Marvel.com, Ryan Penagos (aka Agent_M) arrives at Honolulu International Airport at the same time Capcom is holding their event, my Spidey Sense starts tingling."

does anybody know the date of the event?

[h2][/h2]
media

Link:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Wut. You guys siding with Actvision, do you guys even know is not the first time Activision has found themselves in a situation like this. Just look at what happened to Guitar Hero. Please go read up on both sides. West and Zampella did nothing wrong. They were just planning on leaving the company, that's it. And Activision knew that they would be %@%@#! so they spinned stuff and sueing to force them to give up all legal right they have to the franchise and tech. And if you really knew the history of Actvision, you would know they are the devil of video gaming. They could give a !%#$ about developers, the creative process, customers, consoles, only to stock holders.

You might not want to work for dudes like West and Zampella but tons of developers do, and most of IW will quit and join them at their new studio. Acitvision is going to run the Call of Duty franchise into the ground. The same way they did with Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. 

Infinity Ward did that already with Modern Warfare 2.

Zampella and West filed a multi billion dollar lawsuit against Activision long before Activision took legal action against them. What are you talking about?

[h2][/h2]
media

Link:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Infinity Ward did that already with Modern Warfare 2.

Zampella and West filed a multi billion dollar lawsuit against Activision long before Activision took legal action against them. What are you talking about?

-First, no matter how much people complain MW2 did nothing but help the Call of Duty franchise. And technically the Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises are two separate things. Both Activsion and the studio heads said this in their lawsuits.

- Zampella and West suit is for 36 million.Where the hell you pull multi billion dollars out from? Plus Activision suit is a counter suit. They acknowledge they owe Zampella and West the money but they are claiming that because West and Zampella delayed pre-production of MW3, they had to spend that same amount to insure MW3 would get made on time.

-Activision just wants to insure that Modern Warfare games keep getting made every two years so they milk the franchise. They money is nothing to them, this will get settled out of court. West and Zampella will get their money and Activision will get control of the Modern Warafre IP free and clear. Which is all this power play is about.

-Please read up on the cases because Zampella and West have present a very logical breakdown of why Activision claims are BS. There two main option where new studio with EA, or new studio with Activision. They chose EA, Actvision knew they would be screwed come October so they pulled this nonsense.

First, no matter how much people complain MW2 did nothing but help the Call of Duty franchise
While wading waist deep through your %#$$%@+%, I stumbled upon this line.

If you a referring to exposure, sales, ect, then I agree.

If you have any inkling of gameplay suggested, then you are flat out wrong.

real quick, The Show or FF XIII?

I love RPG's and sports games, haven't played a title from either category (baseball) in years.

Back
Top Bottom