PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

real quick, The Show or FF XIII?

I love RPG's and sports games, haven't played a title from either category (baseball) in years.
If you do get The Show, I saw it for $40 at Target.

Via http://twitter.com/SquareEnixSonia

Square Enix Working on Unannounced Game?
508659_1_hs.jpg

According to a tweet of Sonia Im, a Public Relations Manager of Square-Enix of North America, she's working on un-announced game

Originally Posted by nawghtyhare

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Gamervision.com

Capcom Unveiling Marvel vs Capcom 3 at Captivate?
1271212016r775k21UMN.jpg

Luke Brown of Gamervision.com writes:

"While the rumor of Marvel vs Capcom 3 has been consistently bandied about year after year, this week, that rumor may actually come true. As you may or may not know, this week Capcom is holding their annual Captivate event in Honolulu, Hawaii. Now, normally, when and where they're holding the event wouldn't be a big deal. Of course, when the editor of Marvel.com, Ryan Penagos (aka Agent_M) arrives at Honolulu International Airport at the same time Capcom is holding their event, my Spidey Sense starts tingling."
does anybody know the date of the event?

Via playstationlifestyle.net

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 May be Revealed Next Week
captivate-2010.jpg

Captivate 2010, Capcom’s annual game event begins next Tuesday, and you know what that means, right? Well, new rumors, of course. This latest one suggests a possible reveal of a long awaited sequel, of an incredibly popular, and genuinely praised fighting series.
Last Wednesday, news broke out of a rumored announcement for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, a sequel to the popular fighting series that pits Marvel Comics characters against the roster of Capcom’s elite. A post by Henaki, on Team Spooky, recently revealed that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will get an announcement sometime in May. The poster spoke on the terms of this reveal, saying that he was IP banned from the Shoryuken.com forums, for leaking the information. The Marvel 3 information has “multiple sources that confirm

Thanks for the feather link for those who helped!

Also, does anyone care to share their PS3 account with me for GOW3 DLC Content?
I heard one can login on another PS3, look under recent downloads & you can download content? I'd really like to DL COE & some skins!

PO

PS3 Version of Crysis 2 Surpasses Xbox 360’s
crysis2--685x534.jpg

Crytek’s studio’s business development boss Carl Jones told unofficial PlayStation magazine publication, PSM3, that the PS3 version gives the company more performance than the 360.
We haven’t found it more difficult to develop for PS3. We’re lucky in the fact that we’ve come to the generation slightly later than other people – the ones who were trying to build the first technology and games were surprised at how different the PS3 was. We took our time and worked out the right way to approach it.

At the moment, we’re getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360. I’m very confident that products using CryEngine 3 are going to come out as the best looking, or at least in the top three, on every platform.

Crysis 2’s lead writer went on the record for praising Uncharted 2. However, he didn’t have any generous words for Killzone 2.

Crysis 2 will be set in New York and will see a release before the 2010 calender year ends.

PS3 Version of Crysis 2 Surpasses Xbox 360’s
crysis2--685x534.jpg

Crytek’s studio’s business development boss Carl Jones told unofficial PlayStation magazine publication, PSM3, that the PS3 version gives the company more performance than the 360.
We haven’t found it more difficult to develop for PS3. We’re lucky in the fact that we’ve come to the generation slightly later than other people – the ones who were trying to build the first technology and games were surprised at how different the PS3 was. We took our time and worked out the right way to approach it.

At the moment, we’re getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360. I’m very confident that products using CryEngine 3 are going to come out as the best looking, or at least in the top three, on every platform.

Crysis 2’s lead writer went on the record for praising Uncharted 2. However, he didn’t have any generous words for Killzone 2.

Crysis 2 will be set in New York and will see a release before the 2010 calender year ends.

pimp.gif
If they can make it as good as the first one was for PC I will be cool with it. Game was unbelievable.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

real quick, The Show or FF XIII?

I love RPG's and sports games, haven't played a title from either category (baseball) in years.
If you do get The Show, I saw it for $40 at Target.

in store only? i see $59.99 on the website...

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Via http://twitter.com/SquareEnixSonia

Square Enix Working on Unannounced Game?
508659_1_hs.jpg

According to a tweet of Sonia Im, a Public Relations Manager of Square-Enix of North America, she's working on un-announced game

It ain't that serious...

I'll give you the E3 lineup next week.

FF XIII Verus, or don't even bother SE.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by Lex Starks

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Infinity Ward Loses Four More[/h2]
media

The mass exodus of Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward team members continued today, as four more team members announced their resignations, according to reports.

According to Kotaku, sources close to the studio have confirmed that lead designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Reike are gone.

Additionally, programmer Rayme Vinson and lead artist Chris Cherubini are said to have resigned from the studio.
As 1UP reported yesterday animator Bruce Ferriz and lead designer Mackey McCandish, along with programmer Jon Shiring, have also resigned. When including last week's departures of lead designer Todd Alderman and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti, that brings the total number of high-profile resignations that we're aware of to nine since the ousting of founders Vince Zampella and Jason West.
Link:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178805

Activision is not playing games. Infinity Ward could wind up closing up shop within the next couple of months.
Those guys were not fired, the voluntarily resigned. I guarantee you Activision does not want these guys leaving.
Zampella and West brought everything that is happening to IW on themselves though. I have no sympathy.
Never understood why there's tons of fanboys crying "activision is the devil" "evil empire" "!$$# activision for treating them like #!@!"

These dudes willingly signed a contract and *supposedly* breached it. Where the hell is the integrity to yourselves, your workers, and your brand name?

The evidence looks damming and if ATVI has solid evidence of them attempting to jump ship to EA then I hope both of them go down in flames for their crimes. I would never want to work under someone who pulled that kind of crap. Because you can see that they felt they were bigger than/were the company.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Wut. You guys siding with Actvision, do you guys even know is not the first time Activision has found themselves in a situation like this. Just look at what happened to Guitar Hero. Please go read up on both sides. West and Zampella did nothing wrong. They were just planning on leaving the company, that's it. And Activision knew that they would be %@%@#! so they spinned stuff and sueing to force them to give up all legal right they have to the franchise and tech. And if you really knew the history of Actvision, you would know they are the devil of video gaming. They could give a !%#$ about developers, the creative process, customers, consoles, only to stock holders.

You might not want to work for dudes like West and Zampella but tons of developers do, and most of IW will quit and join them at their new studio. Acitvision is going to run the Call of Duty franchise into the ground. The same way they did with Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. 
Infinity Ward did that already with Modern Warfare 2.

Zampella and West filed a multi billion dollar lawsuit against Activision long before Activision took legal action against them. What are you talking about?
-First, no matter how much people complain MW2 did nothing but help the Call of Duty franchise. And technically the Call of Duty and Modern Warfare franchises are two separate things. Both Activsion and the studio heads said this in their lawsuits.

- Zampella and West suit is for 36 million.Where the hell you pull multi billion dollars out from? Plus Activision suit is a counter suit. They acknowledge they owe Zampella and West the money but they are claiming that because West and Zampella delayed pre-production of MW3, they had to spend that same amount to insure MW3 would get made on time.

-Activision just wants to insure that Modern Warfare games keep getting made every two years so they milk the franchise. They money is nothing to them, this will get settled out of court. West and Zampella will get their money and Activision will get control of the Modern Warafre IP free and clear. Which is all this power play is about.

-Please read up on the cases because Zampella and West have present a very logical breakdown of why Activision claims are BS. There two main option where new studio with EA, or new studio with Activision. They chose EA, Actvision knew they would be screwed come October so they pulled this nonsense.

I've read both court documents and have had many a conversation within our studio and with other employees within the industry about this.

First you need to stop lying to yourself and thinking that Zampella and West are not and were not in it for the $$$. They were...  That's why the signed the damn contract to make solely Modern Warfare games for Activision.

So from what you said
West and Zampella did nothing wrong. They were just planning on leaving the company, that's it.
If they wanted to leave the company and jump ship to another developer then they shouldn't have breached their contract with ATVI. They should have resigned and left the company AFTER they got their bonus checks. However, it appears they got caught attempting to undermine ATVI because they didn't want to be pigeon holed into making COD for the foreseeable future and were unhappy with Treyarch ganking their hard work and getting recognition for it.

If I want to go jump studios to Bungie I have every right to quit and do so. I however, do not have the right to undermine the current project I'm working on, use company time and resources to secure my position at Bungie, intentionally withold information/code from my superiors, or use an authoritative position to coax or engage my subordinates to lash out against and/or leave parent company. That's insubordination. That's why they were fired.

You can't commiserate with the competition while you're supposed to be making games for your current employer. That's called a conflict of interest. They hired the talent agency to attempt to get around that clause but if they had direct contact with EA they're in total violation. Word is ATVI got some of their own employees to turn against them and cough up info about them planning to jump and trying to recruit people to do so. You just can't do that. Word also is that ATVI has receipts, e-mails, and misc. files, proving the talks with EA back into early 2009. Like i said:
if ATVI has solid evidence of them attempting to jump ship to EA then I hope both of them go down in flames for their crimes
If there's nothing of the sort then I hope they get *$%$#*! paid the money they are owed.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Infinity Ward Loses Four More[/h2]
media

The mass exodus of Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward team members continued today, as four more team members announced their resignations, according to reports.

According to Kotaku, sources close to the studio have confirmed that lead designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Reike are gone.

Additionally, programmer Rayme Vinson and lead artist Chris Cherubini are said to have resigned from the studio.
As 1UP reported yesterday animator Bruce Ferriz and lead designer Mackey McCandish, along with programmer Jon Shiring, have also resigned. When including last week's departures of lead designer Todd Alderman and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti, that brings the total number of high-profile resignations that we're aware of to nine since the ousting of founders Vince Zampella and Jason West.
Link:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178805

Activision is not playing games. Infinity Ward could wind up closing up shop within the next couple of months.
Those guys were not fired, the voluntarily resigned. I guarantee you Activision does not want these guys leaving.
Zampella and West brought everything that is happening to IW on themselves though. I have no sympathy.
Never understood why there's tons of fanboys crying "activision is the devil" "evil empire" "!$$# activision for treating them like #!@!"

These dudes willingly signed a contract and *supposedly* breached it. Where the hell is the integrity to yourselves, your workers, and your brand name?

The evidence looks damming and if ATVI has solid evidence of them attempting to jump ship to EA then I hope both of them go down in flames for their crimes. I would never want to work under someone who pulled that kind of crap. Because you can see that they felt they were bigger than/were the company.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Wut. You guys siding with Actvision, do you guys even know is not the first time Activision has found themselves in a situation like this. Just look at what happened to Guitar Hero. Please go read up on both sides. West and Zampella did nothing wrong. They were just planning on leaving the company, that's it. And Activision knew that they would be %@%@#! so they spinned stuff and sueing to force them to give up all legal right they have to the franchise and tech. And if you really knew the history of Actvision, you would know they are the devil of video gaming. They could give a !%#$ about developers, the creative process, customers, consoles, only to stock holders.

You might not want to work for dudes like West and Zampella but tons of developers do, and most of IW will quit and join them at their new studio. Acitvision is going to run the Call of Duty franchise into the ground. The same way they did with Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. 
Infinity Ward did that already with Modern Warfare 2.

Zampella and West filed a multi billion dollar lawsuit against Activision long before Activision took legal action against them. What are you talking about?

Good, they should be forced to lick a fat mans sack after a jog for putting commando, noob tubes, akimbo shotties, and deathstreaks in MW2 that caused the ruining of one the best franchises in history.

Game is boring after 5 month, COD4 was still poppin' for 2 years straight.

Anybody still playing FFXIII? Where you all at?

I completed the game, just running through all the sidequests now. 33% complete, it has taken me a bit becuase I won't move onto the next unless I 5-star the battle.
im on chapter 10 now, 27 hrs in.

ive been getting a lot of 5 stars rankings in most of my battles. is there any value in getting high rankings later on in the game? whats the point? im curious if theres gonna be a status report where its gonna show ur performance after u beat the game.
1.) Lay off upgrading your weapons and accessories as long as you can (even until after the final boss if you can). You get better components after you complete the game, and the better your weapons/accessories, the harder it is to get a 5 star battle rating. If it comes down to it, I suggest power leveling your crystarium over upgrading.
ive upgraded some of my weapons a lillte bit. mostly just lightning's. but i try not to get caught up in solely doing weapons upgrade on everyone and just focusing on maxing out the crystarium.

only thing i didnt know was the how ur weapon's level affects the whole battle ranking system.

5 Star battle rankings only effect 2 things.

1.) The items you can expect as spoils after the battle.

2.) Getting a Platinum trophy. There is a gold trophy for 5-starring all mark missions and a trophy for 5-starring the final boss.

When it comes to the main storyline, they don't matter at all (other than the final boss).

the funny thing is.. the millions of dudes (plenty on NT) complaining about how "whack" mw2 is are still playing on the reg.. hell, they probably even bought the map pack 
grin.gif
laugh.gif

the hell is the point?.. ya'll are sounding like some house wives. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

Is Heavy Rain awesome or what? I have a giftcard. Wait for Super SF IV or get Heavy Rain?

I wouldn't bother buying Heavy Rain. You are better off with Street Fighter.

And I don't think my question regarding weapons on FF13 was answered. Is there any point in switching weapons? Like, I have all of the OG weapons from the start equipped and it seems like then y are enough. I looked in the strategy guide and as far as power goes, it seems like there is no point in switching,

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Is Heavy Rain awesome or what? I have a giftcard. Wait for Super SF IV or get Heavy Rain?

And I don't think my question regarding weapons on FF13 was answered. Is there any point in switching weapons? Like, I have all of the OG weapons from the start equipped and it seems like then y are enough. I looked in the strategy guide and as far as power goes, it seems like there is no point in switching,
Absolutely there is.

Each weapon has either an advantage in either strength, magic, or a combination.

As you get farther in the game, you'll notice a couple more aspects. The latter weapons have built in abilities (stagger lock, ect)

A hidden benefit also arises. Each weapon and accessory is part of a synthesis group. There are around 30 different types of synthesis groups. Why does this matter?

Well if you equip 4 accessories and 1 weapon, all within the same synthesis group, you get a pretty crazy bonus in some area (whether it be strength, speed, ect.)

For example, if I equipped Sazh with Spica Defnders as weapons and a Watchmens amulet, it would increase buff duration (haste, regen, ect) by 30%. Now if I equipped 2 more watchmens amultes and a shrouding talisman, it would jump up to 90% longer, or almost twice as long as normal. Because all of those items belong to the Positive Effect group.

Keep in mind all utimate weapons (all 3rd reincaranations) belong to no group.

Does this all matter during the game? Not at all. You can beat the game without experimenting with this at all. However, to beat the certain bosses, finish certain missions within peramaters, you will need to figure out what works best in combination with one another.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Absolutely there is.

Each weapon has either an advantage in either strength, magic, or a combination.

As you get farther in the game, you'll notice a couple more aspects. The latter weapons have built in abilities (stagger lock, ect)

A hidden benefit also arises. Each weapon and accessory is part of a synthesis group. There are around 30 different types of synthesis groups. Why does this matter?

Well if you equip 4 accessories and 1 weapon, all within the same synthesis group, you get a pretty crazy bonus in some area (whether it be strength, speed, ect.)

For example, if I equipped Sazh with Spica Defnders as weapons and a Watchmens amulet, it would increase buff duration (haste, regen, ect) by 30%. Now if I equipped 2 more watchmens amultes and a shrouding talisman, it would jump up to 90% longer, or almost twice as long as normal. Because all of those items belong to the Positive Effect group.

Keep in mind all utimate weapons (all 3rd reincaranations) belong to no group.

Does this all matter during the game? Not at all. You can beat the game without experimenting with this at all. However, to beat the certain bosses, finish certain missions within peramaters, you will need to figure out what works best in combination with one another.

**inserts Kratos voice**

eek.gif
The gods have sent a messenger down from the heavens and revealed a path before me
pimp.gif

Any more verdicts on Heavy Rain? Also thinking about buying the show.

Buy The Show. I'm not hatin' on Heavy Rain but I just don't think it is worth 60 bucks. Just rent it

Any more verdicts on Heavy Rain? Also thinking about buying the show.

Rent Heavy Rain.

That'll be enough time for you to play through it once (~9 hours). After that you can then decide if you'd really like to play through the other 21 endings (you won't) and then you can go buy it (you won't).

Back
Top Bottom