PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

So I just watch the MK video again
laugh.gif
, this is my fav fighting game of all time, all I would do is eat, sleep and breath MK. My fav of the series is Ultimate 3. I would run with Scorpion and Jade, shorty was crazy with the combos. It feels good to see Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Cyrax and Meleena back and others
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I went to the MK dev demo today and BOY was I impressed!

-Demo was around 20 minutes long and they showed off 4 matches or so.
-They said the main thing with this new MK is to give it what the fans want and make it accessible.
-They said long drawn out button combos are gone and it's been replaced with a fluid combo in/out system.
-There's a super gauge at the bottom that has things like, obviously, super moves (think SF 4) and combo breakers.
-It also has the ultimate move which is the "X-ray" move. Each character has their own X ray move custom to them and affect each character differently.
-EX: when reptile gets blasted in the face during the "X-ray move" you will see his reptilian skull get cracked.
-Level based fatalities are back. I saw the classic pit II fatality off the bridge.
-Sektor currently looks totally ownage in terms of combos
-Tag team was shown and it looks a lot like how MVC 1 was.
-Characters I saw: Milena, Sektor, Sub zero, Nightwolf, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Shao Khan, Sheng Tseung, Kung Lao, Sonya Blade, Reptile

The last thing they showed was a montage of fatalities. I hope it leaks on the net it was amazing! Sub Zero now punches you in your chest and rips out your skull/spine. Johnny Cage has the head rip with some added flare. The one that got the best reaction from the crowd was Sektor blowing his opponent up into 5 for so pieces with missiles and then targeting the 5 pieces in mid air and blowing them up again!
nerd.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Violent video games protest coming soon

that game is going to get censored

but WOWWWWW. sooooo awesome. first day buy and i usually rent games. this is just sick. no messing around, this is real MK

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

So I just watch the MK video again
laugh.gif
, this is my fav fighting game of all time, all I would do is eat, sleep and breath MK. My fav of the series is Ultimate 3. I would run with Scorpion and Jade, shorty was crazy with the combos. It feels good to see Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Cyrax and Meleena back and others
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I went to the MK dev demo today and BOY was I impressed!

-Demo was around 20 minutes long and they showed off 4 matches or so.
-They said the main thing with this new MK is to give it what the fans want and make it accessible.
-They said long drawn out button combos are gone and it's been replaced with a fluid combo in/out system.
-There's a super gauge at the bottom that has things like, obviously, super moves (think SF 4) and combo breakers.
-It also has the ultimate move which is the "X-ray" move. Each character has their own X ray move custom to them and affect each character differently.
-EX: when reptile gets blasted in the face during the "X-ray move" you will see his reptilian skull get cracked.
-Level based fatalities are back. I saw the classic pit II fatality off the bridge.
-Sektor currently looks totally ownage in terms of combos
-Tag team was shown and it looks a lot like how MVC 1 was.
-Characters I saw: Milena, Sektor, Sub zero, Nightwolf, Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Shao Khan, Sheng Tseung, Kung Lao, Sonya Blade, Reptile

The last thing they showed was a montage of fatalities. I hope it leaks on the net it was amazing! Sub Zero now punches you in your chest and rips out your skull/spine. Johnny Cage has the head rip with some added flare. The one that got the best reaction from the crowd was Sektor blowing his opponent up into 5 for so pieces with missiles and then targeting the 5 pieces in mid air and blowing them up again!
nerd.gif
Is that you Hybrid
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

MK is gonna get the ban hammer
laugh.gif
. that mileena fatality is grosssssssssss in a good way. it's still not gruesome enough for me.

imagine getting head from her, that's one scary !+% !$#!%.

Originally Posted by DubA169

that game is going to get censored
Why though? Its a video game that's rated Mature so you need an ID to buy it. So if kids are getting it, blame the parents for not reading the case. I want my MK, THE REAL MK.

They let Saw come out EVERY year so this should go through with ease. Its digital people getting demolished. Your kids can't handle it, don't buy it.

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

square enix conference?

Is that today?

I couldn't find any info on them even having a conference, at least one that was not behind closed doors.

FFXIII Versus.... if it doesn't drop by next year, why even bother calling it XIII?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

square enix conference?
Is that today?
I couldn't find any info on them even having a conference, at least one that was not behind closed doors.
FFXIII Versus.... if it doesn't drop by next year, why even bother calling it XIII?
grin.gif
they should rename it FF XV

gameplay footage of mvc3 was awesome. the number of characters are actually good, hopefully theyre more balanced than mvc2. dante and deadpool are gonna be in heavy rotation. i like the addition of the new characters we havent seen before like amaterasu from okami. too bad they left out strider though.

new mortal kombat looks very promising. glad they went old school style like in mk3. more fatalities please!!!

twisted metal is back. YES!!!!!! multiplayer is gonna be hella fun. so far, the graphics looks sloppy though.

finally, a release date on GT5 lol. i wont be surprised if they change it to 2011.

quick questions... who here is gonna actually buy move and psn+?

Originally Posted by Battousai701

gameplay footage of mvc3 was awesome. the number of characters are actually good, hopefully theyre more balanced than mvc2. dante and deadpool are gonna be in heavy rotation. i like the addition of the new characters we havent seen before like amaterasu from okami. too bad they left out strider though.

new mortal kombat looks very promising. glad they went old school style like in mk3. more fatalities please!!!

twisted metal is back. YES!!!!!! multiplayer is gonna be hella fun. so far, the graphics looks sloppy though.

finally, a release date on GT5 lol. i wont be surprised if they change it to 2011.

quick questions... who here is gonna actually buy move and psn+?
Depending on the games that support move, and the bundles prices for me. Killzone and The Show are great games but I need a bit more.

PSN+ depends on what it offers. I need something major to pull the trigger.

Wanna try out MOH Beta NT? I got you!

agegate.jpg

Beta Key Access

1. Go to http://www.gamespot....conquer-4-open/
Then register for a Command and Conquer 4 Beta Key. Don't worry this is a general purpose key that can be applied to any EA game.

2. Go to http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta
Then enter the Command and Conquer 4 Beta Key that you received, select PlayStation 3 and North America and thats it.

If you don't have one, make sure register for an EA account or this will not work. If you have Battlefield: Bad Company 2 VIP code the MOH beta will recognize it and allow you play right now, if not, you have to wait to June 17th to play.

Since I have BF:BC2 VIP Edition, I was able to play it. First off graphically, it's pretty, more detail than BF:BC2 and MW2. It's also faster than BF:BC2 but not up there with MW2. The controls are a lil glitchy but are smoother compare to BF:BC2, still not up to MW2 par. The button layout is exactly MW2 (if your layout is default). To kill a person does take about 3-4 shots more compare to MW2, def not liking that. The beta only gives you 3 classes, the first is 'Rifleman', second is 'Special Ops' and the third is 'Sniper'. The map is Kabul City Ruins and its nicely spread out with a lot of hiding places for campers snipers.

If you have any questions, let me know.

agegate.jpg
The beta has really turned me off on buying the full game. I know it's "beta", but I try to check my score while waiting to respawn and it crashes (happened 4 times out of 7 games). There's an awkward pause every time you die, where the camera switches out to 3rd person. And maybe everyone is new to it, but it felt really easy. 
It's literally Bad Company 2 at 1.5x speed with just a hint of CoD game mechanics. I don't foresee MoH co-existing with CoD and Battlefield well. 

^ No prob
Originally Posted by Ween H4ed

agegate.jpg
The beta has really turned me off on buying the full game. I know it's "beta", but I try to check my score while waiting to respawn and it crashes (happened 4 times out of 7 games). There's an awkward pause every time you die, where the camera switches out to 3rd person. And maybe everyone is new to it, but it felt really easy. 
It's literally Bad Company 2 at 1.5x speed with just a hint of CoD game mechanics. I don't foresee MoH co-existing with CoD and Battlefield well.
I thought I was the only one, it crashed on me 2 out of 5 times.

Thanks for the info Boost (And J-DIDDS for directing me to the thread)

MoH beta site appears down for me, though.

Link to whole interview: http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item285382/Talking-games-with-Shuhei-Yoshida/
GT5: WEATHER, TRACK EDITOR AND GO-KARTS (CONFIRMED)
Confirmmed from president of SCE.

Posted by Shuaib Malik on Jun 21, 2010 11:17 (3 hours ago)
President of SCE Shuhei Yoshida in a Q/A
"What can we look forward to when Gran Turismo 5 releases on PlayStation 3?
Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect - even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo. Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhacing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

This time around Gran Turismo is likely not just to be the definitive driving experience but a definitive gaming experience full stop. "

[h2]Tanaka: Final Fantasy XIV will support Move if we get the chance[/h2]
June 21st, 2010 @ 19:16
By Joe Anderson

tanaka.jpg

Final Fantasy XIV software development boss Hiromichi Tanaka hassaid that his studio may consider using PlayStation Move in the game.

Speaking to the PlayStation Blog regarding Sony’s latest device, Tanaka said:

“Unfortunately, we haven’t had chance to try it [PlayStation Move]out yet but we’ve heard very interesting things about it and we’d liketo look at supporting it in Final Fantasy XIV, if we get the chance todo so.

“However, at the moment I would say that there are no current plans.

Back
Top Bottom