PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by pip777

Link to whole interview: http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/news/articles/detail/item285382/Talking-games-with-Shuhei-Yoshida/
GT5: WEATHER, TRACK EDITOR AND GO-KARTS (CONFIRMED)
Confirmmed from president of SCE.

Posted by Shuaib Malik on Jun 21, 2010 11:17 (3 hours ago)
President of SCE Shuhei Yoshida in a Q/A
"What can we look forward to when Gran Turismo 5 releases on PlayStation 3?
Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect - even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo. Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhacing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

This time around Gran Turismo is likely not just to be the definitive driving experience but a definitive gaming experience full stop. "

50 copies purchased confirmed.

I know that alot of people are hatin but I'm sold on move. Can't wait for it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by eteam o2

copped depending on subscription fees

One of my most anticipated, I've been waiting for 2-3 years now.
Jim Lee being the head designer gives it a big plus.

Originally Posted by Mister916

That looks pretty sick. There's really gonna be a subscription fee?�
sick.gif
It's an MMO, like WOW or City of Heroes.�

I just hope they do the cross platform with PC.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/21/dc-universe-online-to-charge-15-monthly-subscription-fee/
So it looks like they are charing $15/mo... more than i was expecting...
they better have cross platform play with the PC if they're charging that much

Via justcause.com

Just Cause 2 gets free rocket-launching Tuk Tuk DLC
gamtuktukboomboom530.jpg

Ah, the Tuk Tuk. Almost universally recognized as the most useless vehicle of all time in regards to its implementation in video games. (You ever try to rack up a huge crash score while driving a Tuk Tuk in Burnout 3? It is impossible.) Avalanche, however, recently gave the poor, pod-shaped vehicle a facelift with a new piece of free DLC for Just Cause 2: Introducing the "Tuk Tuk Boom Boom" (pictured right), available today through Xbox Live, PSN and Steam.

You'll notice that Avalanche has peeled the roof off of this particular model of the vehicle, leaving just enough room for a massive, powerful cannon. It's also faster and handles better than the rollover-friendly standard version, meaning the Tuk Tuk Boom Boom might just become your new mode of transportation of choice when it's time to raid that enemy base -- or, you know, that impoverished civilian village.

Via rockstargames.com

PSA: Red Dead Redemption 'Outlaws to the End' DLC available today
rdrotte6222010530.jpg

Just as we expected, Rockstar's promised DLC for Red Dead Redemption has saddled up and rode off into the digital distribution sunset. It's currently available for download via Xbox Live for free, and should arrive on PSN later today.

"Outlaws to the End" offers players six new missions, playable for two to four players -- including new Achievements and Trophies to unlock. Feel free to check out some new screens in our gallery below, then head past the break for a new trailer.

Via ps3center.net

Nomura: Versus' graphics are 'unbelievable'
060508_3.jpg

A notable no show from this year's E3 Expo was Final Fantasy Versus XIII, the highly anticipated next chapter in the Fabula Nova Cyrstallis series. Though Final Fantasy XIII hit Western shores earlier this year, Square Enix was mum on the PS3-exclusive follow up at the event last week.

Not to worry, though - the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation confirms that fans will see more from the title soon at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show. The publication showed off a few new environments and teased a couple new features.

The highlight seems to be the game's new battle system. The encounter system uses a mix of random and visible encounters that are integrated seamlessly into the exploration aspect of the game. The graphics further enhance the combat, with Nomura confidently stating that most people will not believe there eyes when the see the high quality of the battles in action.

Additionally, Nomura states the team is improving the graphics before the game hits shelves. With the release of XIII off their plate, the team is going to work with renewed motivation.

Fans can look forward to seeing FFVSXII, as well as Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday and Agito XIII at TGS 2010, which is slated for Sept. 16 to Sept. 19.

Via 1up.com

Jaffe Defends Deliberate Twisted Metal "Misdirection"
media

After unequivocally denying that he was working on a new Twisted Metal for the PlayStation 3 on his Twitter account, David Jaffe appeared near the end of Sony's E3 press conference last week to reveal a new Twisted Metal for the PlayStation 3. By definition, that would mean his earlier denial was a lie. But speaking to Joystiq, Jaffe defended his decision to do so, saying it was in the interest of preserving a genuine surprise for the show.
"Sony called about four months ago and said, 'Let's make Twisted a surprise and let's close the show with it.' I was like, 'Hell yeah! Let's do that.' But it kind of necessitated being kind of sneaky about it," Jaffe explained. "To me, giving fans an actual genuine E3 surprise was more valuable than sort of being totally honest when people ask me questions. And people say to me, 'Well, you could have said no comment.' I'm like, 'No comment is the same as saying ... it's what people say when they don't want to answer you.'

"The other issue too is, I got to be honest with you, I've had such s*** taken out of context with the press," Jaffe continued. "...I don't have animosity with the press, but it's more like, 'You know what, guys? I don't owe you s***. I owe the gamers s***. I owe them entertainment.' And to me whether it's my blog or whether it's our games that we make or whether it's working with Sony to have a great press conference, you know, we're slaves to the gamers."

So what about the other part of his previous tweet, where Jaffe asserted that he "wished" he was working on Twisted Metal because "making [a] game you've already worked on is tons easier" than something totally new? Apparently that comment wasn't entirely true, either.

"Well, that Twitter was an intentional misdirection to get people to think I was working on something else and not Twisted Metal," Jaffe explained. "Every game is a new game. Every game has its challenges and so the new Twisted, until we got out of that truck yesterday and started showing the game and then showed the nuke level, we were nervous."

Evidently things have gone well since the reveal, though, as Jaffe said they're pleased with the response. "We're making the people who love those kinda games happy it seems, and we're happy about that."

Via gamingeverything.com

Get MAG Interdiction Today, Double XP This Weekend

Announces the Official PlayStation Blog: "Today is the day that MAG fans have been waiting for as our first major DLC, “Interdiction,â€

Boost you on the ball with info. I'm proud of you.
pimp.gif

Oh boy. Dudes are going to find money combination's and use them over and over again. Over and over again. Just like on Madden when dude play with Vikings and their only plays are HB toss and 3 passing plays.

That *#%#+$# tree in the living forest has eaten me in at least 2 MK games and a dream. F that tree.

Sektor is gonna be trifling to play against just like really good Blanka's and Abels in SSF4
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom