PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Eurogamer.com

ModNation Racers career mode getting 'Casual' difficulty
gammodnationracerscasual530.jpg

Have you been the recipient of more than a fair share of victory-denying rocket bombardments while playing through the career mode in ModNation Racers? The odds are about to tilt back in your favor -- in a recent post on PlayStation.Blog, SCEA San Diego community manager Ramone Russell announced that United Front Games is currently putting the finishing touches on a Casual difficulty mode for the game's single-player campaign.

The post doesn't specify as to when we can expect the new difficulty. It also doesn't specify whether switching to Casual mode automatically generates and broadcasts a message to your PSN friends, informing them of what a tremendous sissy you are.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 this damn game has been out for over a month and they're just now talking about releasing a "casual" difficulty mode.  most of us have already played through and beat the already extremely hard career mode.  they should have put a casual mode in the game right off the bat.  i'm pissed, i was getting my $%% handed to me for the last month and these mofos, just now, want to put in an easier mode. 

i hate you modnationracers, i hate you so much that i think i might play you for a couple of hours later.  you POS. 

[h2]SOE accepting sign-ups for DC Universe Online beta[/h2]
July 20th, 2010 @ 10:24
By Johnny Cullen

dcuniverseonline.jpg

SOE’s opened sign-ups to the online beta of DC Universe Online.

When you do sign-up on the game’s official website, you’re given the choice of having the beta on PC or PlayStation 3.

There’s more through here.

The MMO, announced during Sony’s press conference back at E3 in 2008, looks set to release in November for PS3 and PC with a $15 per month sub fee.

[h2]Rumour – Capcom vs Namco and Namco vs Capcom in development, debuting this weekend[/h2]
July 20th, 2010 @ 09:39
By Johnny Cullen

capcomnamco.jpg

Game Informer’s put live a whopping rumour: Capcom and Namco are pooling together for two new fighting games.

According to the publication, Capcom vs Namco and Namco vs Capcom will be announced at Comic-Con this weekend.

The former is being developed with the Street Fighter IV engine, while the latter is being made using a Tekken 6 base.

GI reckons this will be SFIV producer Yoshinori Ono’s big Comic-Conreveal, with him producing on the Capcom side, while Tekken producerKatsuhiro Harada will handle the Namco side.

The two were also seen on stage together at the EVO 2010 a while back in Vegas, so that might add some weight.

We’ll know soon enough.

[h2]Infinity Ward, Treyarch debunk ‘pay to play’ Call of Duty rumour[/h2]
July 19th, 2010 @ 23:56
By Johnny Cullen

callofdutyblackops91.jpg

The two main developers behind Call of Duty have tonight debunkedrumours that a subscription plan to play the series online will becoming into play in the near future.

Modern Warfare developer Infinity Ward and its community manager Robert Bowling tweeted:
“For the record, nobody has to pay to play COD or MW2 multiplayer, nor will they.

[h2]Fight Night: Champion announced for 2011[/h2]
July 20th, 2010 @ 09:05
By Johnny Cullen

fight-night-5.jpg

So much for waiting until tonight. EA Sports has announced Fight Night: Champion for a 2011 release on PS3 and 360.

The game’s biggest talking point, according to developer EAVancouver, is a new single-player mode, which will “break the mold ofwhat is expected in a single-player sports game. Players will beintroduced to an entirely new way to step between the ropes andexperience the drama, emotion, excitement and tragedy of worldchampionship boxing.

From Psnstores.com
PSN store update (July 20, 2010)

PlayStation Plus

Demo
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (1.38 GB)

Sales
echochrome ($5.00)
Hamsterball ($7.99)
Resistance 2 Skin Bundle ($2.00)

Themes & Avatars
Bloody Escape Theme
Heavy Rain Origami Swan Avatar

Price Updates

Sales
After Burner Climax ($4.99)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 ($7.49)

Price Drops
Burnout Legends [PSP] ($9.99)
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded [PSP] ($9.99)
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed [PSP] ($9.99)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: Chaos Towers [PSP] ($9.99)
Medal Of Honor: Heroes [PSP] ($9.99)
Need For Speed: Most Wanted [PSP] ($9.99)
Obscure: The Aftermath [PSP] ($14.99$29.99)
Peggle Nights [DLC] (Free with the purchase of Peggle)
The Sims 2 [PSP] ($9.99)
TV Show King [PS3] ($4.99)

Games

PS3
Sam & Max 304 “Beyond the Alley of the Dolls

Courtesy of gametrailers.com

Rock Band 3 Release Date and Pre-Order Perks

Jul 19, 2010 @ 9:44pm

Rock Band 3 will begin its North American tour on October 26, but first Harmonix and MTV Games are generating some hype with a list of retailer-specific pre-order bonuses.

According to the press release:
GameStop Pre-order* Opportunity:

GameStop shoppers who reserve Rock Band 3 for PlayStation 3 system or Xbox 360 in advance receive three downloadable Rock Band songs at launch:
  • Burning Down the House by Talking Heads
  • My Own Summer by Deftones
  • Blue Monday by New Order
Amazon Pre-order* Opportunity:

Amazon shoppers who reserve Rock Band 3 for PlayStation 3 system, Xbox 360 and Wii in advance will receive access to an exclusive in-game guitar. Additionally, for a limited time only, PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360 owners who pre-order Rock Band 3 in advance on Amazon will receive $10 off a future videogame purchase.

Wal-Mart Pre-order* Opportunity:

Walmart.com shoppers who reserve Rock Band 3 for PlayStation 3 system, Xbox 360 and Wii in advance will receive a $10 eGift card for a limited time.

*Conditions and restrictions apply. Please see retailer for details.

Rock Band will release on October 26 for Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and DS.

It looks like you can either get three awesome, exclusive tracks; a virtual guitar and $10 gift card; or just a $10 gift card. It’s kind of like watching evolution in reverse.

smile.gif

from examiner.com
DC Universe Online reveals The Joker
July 19, 3:10 PM
greydot.gif
MMORPG Examiner
greydot.gif
Jaime Skelton

Previous Next
http:///www.examiner.com/x-8040-MMORPG-Examiner~y2010m7d19-DC-Universe-Online-reveals-The-Joker">http://www.examiner.com/x...Online-reveals-The-Joker');s_objectID='ReTweet';" target="_blank" href="http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...10m7d19-DC-Universe-Online-reveals-The-Joker#">
tinytweets.gif
1 comment [img]http://image.examiner.com/img/icon/printer.gif[/img] [img]http://image.examiner.com/img/email.gif[/img] Subscribe

dcuojokerface.jpg

Sony Online Entertainment

[h2]More about DC Universe Online:[/h2]
In addition to opening beta registration and pre-orders, DC Universe Online has released new assets for the Joker today.

The iconic villain from the Batman series has a delightfully wicked grin, with yellowed teeth that inspire no confidence in his sickly plans.

SOE describes the Joker thusly:
The Clown Prince of Crime is a warped psychopath who inspires chaos. Despite multiple confinements in Gotham City’s infamous Arkham Asylum, he remains gleefully insane – and determined to torment Batman by any means possible.

The Joker is Batman’s antithesis, a force of fear and chaos directed against Batman’s fight for safety and order. His weapons include Joker toxin, pistols, and nuclear warheads, all expressions of his sick enjoyment of pain and fear. And now he has a new gang: a generation of tech villains who reject Batman’s quest for order in favor of diabolical madness.

The Joker’s fellow villains fear him almost as much as Gotham City’s citizens do. He is unpredictable, manic, bloodthirsty, and capable of twisting even the sanest minds to his warped plans.

No one knows if he was ever sane, perhaps not even The Joker himself. One popular story is that he was disguised as a criminal known as the Red Hood when he fell into a toxic vat at the Ace Chemicals plant, which permanently stained his skin and his soul. But the Clown Prince seems to make up new origins to suit his mood.

The new screen shots and renders are available in the slideshow below. Also available is a new video, "Travelogue - Amusement Mile," in which director Chris Cao describe the Joker's haven, Amusement Mile.

Subscribe: e-mail | Facebook | RSS

DC Universe Online: The Joker

Screenshots and artistic renders of The Joker as seen in DC Universe Online. (Sony Online Entertainment)

View Slideshow »

is NBA Jam dropping for the PS3? if so when?
007:Blood Stone looks awesome, how was QoS?

and could anyone help me, i tried going on HOME for the first time in a while but it says theres an update.. when i try to apply the update my system resets.. any way around that?

Originally Posted by alleyzonjay

is NBA Jam dropping for the PS3? if so when?

First I heard Wii exclusive, then I heard all systems, then I heard Wii exclusive again, and now I'm hearing that it's coming out for Wii later in the year and then other systems March of next year?

As of right now though, it's only preorderable for Wii in our systems (gamestop)

I cannot believe Trish made the cut, her moves look sick though.

I want NBA Jam but it doesn't look like it's worth $60.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

What is Trish' significance in MVC3? She is a wack tertiary character.
grin.gif
most likely just to add a female character in the game... 
it would have been better to put ada wong or sheva in the capcom lineup

Originally Posted by Battousai701

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

What is Trish' significance in MVC3? She is a wack tertiary character.
grin.gif
most likely just to add a female character in the game... 
it would have been better to put ada wong or sheva in the capcom lineup
They should have added Lady or Lucia from the DMC.

[h1]Netflix on PS3 going disc-less by October[/h1]
by Randy Nelson on Jul 21st 2010 8:01PM

Tired of popping slotting a disc into your PS3 every time you want to watch a streaming Netflix movie or TV show? Soon you won't have to, as the online video rental service has plans to make Netflix Instant Streaming a native PS3 application by the end of October.

In delivering his company's Q2 2010 financial results, CEO Reed Hastings stated, "Before our next [earnings] call in October, we expect to be launching a major new version of our Sony PS3 user interface which doesn't require a disc, and is dynamically updated continuously with the latest Netflix UI improvements."

So, there you have it. When contacted for comment, PS3's Hulu Plus app said that it "welcomes the competition for media streaming on PS3 ... and prime placement on the XMB."

[Thanks, Vallanthaz]

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

How do I retrieve the psone games I bought on psn before? It won't let me download then again?
nerd.gif
Go to account management on your XMB and there should be a download option that lists all your downloads.

Click on the one you want and it should re-download.

What is the best way to get the fastest connection for online games? I've been looking some stuff up and have a NAT type 2 connection which is supposed to be preferable for gaming and I disabled connecting to media servers. I'm pretty sure I need to get a new provider because my speedtest.net results came back at 2.57 Mb/s download and .43 Mb/s upload. Which I'm assuming is terrible lol I read that you need atleast 8 Mb/s to have a really good connection.

For COD my games play pretty fine but for NCAA 11 it's been pretty laggy. Any help would really be appreciated or if you could just give me some tips on how to get less lag, thanks.

Make sure if you have a torrent client, it is closed (not just closed, but it is not running in the background ala utorrent), nothing is downloading, ect.

Upload speed is important for gaming, if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom