PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

My lil bro just saved me $150, and fixed my YLOD he said my ps3 was very dusty, and the reason why I got YLOD was because, something was very rusty and burnt........so this is my message to people who play over 3-4hrs a day. Buy those little compressed air cans, and dust your ps3 like every 3 to 4 weeks it will survive, and stay healthy.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via gameplaybook.com

New NBA Jam Screens With the Heat's LeBron, the Knicks' Stoudemire and More

NBA%20Jam%204%20713.jpg

NBA%20Jam%203%20713.jpg

NBA%20Jam%202%20713.jpg

NBA%20Jam%20713.jpg

EA Sports has provided us some fresh new screens for NBA Jam that show off LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh in their Miami Heat uniforms, along with Carlos Boozer in his new Bulls uniform and Amar'e Stoudemire doing his thing for the Knicks. Get ready to dunk like crazy on the Wii October 5th!

Yes, I know it says Wii but it has been announced for the PS3 as well, coming out this fall
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I was thinking of buying a Wii just for that but thank God
laugh.gif

Did you guys hear? After everyone complained...they are changing Cole from inFamous back.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1108060p1.html

A panel for Infamous just let out at San Diego Comic-Con, but the real news came before the show even started. Sucker Punch is changing Cole's look in Infamous 2 so that the protagonist looks more like he did in the original game.

A few weeks ago, the developer released the first screens and videos for Infamous 2, and all of that featured a drastically different Cole. This version of the hero had more hair, tattoos and a bunch of other stuff that made him look far different from the bike messenger we knew in the original game.

While the game is still in development and will continue to change, I was handed a manila envelope this afternoon that contained two images of Cole's new-new look. Due to the stage in development, I can't tell you exactly what he looks like, but I can tell you he looks more like the person we played as in the original Infamous and less like the man who was in all of those E3 screens and videos.

Damn that miami heat nba jam combo will never lose. They'll probably have that trick where you pull up to shoot the game winner and and you get knocked over by an invisible defender, or an avatar air bender swipe from dude 10 ft. away from you.

Hmmmmm...............http://www.thesixthaxis.c...-gta-v-set-in-hollywood/
[h1]Rumour: GTA V Set In Hollywood[/h1]At least, that's what we think it all means.

Published 26/07/2010 at 10:00.
By Peter C [ColossalBlue].

holy.jpg

The cheeky scamps at VG247 are spinning another yarn this morning, flirting with what appears to be one hell of a rumour: Grand Theft Auto V is going to be set in Hollywood.  Yep, that Hollywood.  Ears pricked?

The site’s Patrick Garratt claims, via 500 words of exposition, that Rockstar are going to announce the new title at the Max Payne event.  If so, and if what VG247 are saying is true, consider this one spoiled.

Note that the site doesn’t confirm any sources and as such we can’t possibly suggest any validity to the story – it’s an interesting rumour, and one we’d love to see come to fruition but at this stage it’s absolutely just that.  TheSixthAxis is not privy to this rumour.

We’ll ping off an email to Rockstar, although we’re not expecting anything back.

Via pspgweber.com

PSP Official Firmware update v6.31 coming
ps-store-recommendations.jpg

Sony is set to release a new firmware update for both the PlayStation 3 and PSP "shortly". According to Eric Lempel, VP, Network Operations Americas, the upcoming PS3 firmware update 3.41 will add a new PlayStation Store recommendations features for games and videos, while the PSP firmware update will further improve the stability some titles:

"Hi everyone, the next PlayStation 3 (PS3) system software update is coming soon. Firmware update 3.41 will add recommendations for games and videos on PlayStation Store. When you’re browsing through the details of a particular title, you’ll see a new “You May Like

Via d-gu.com

Uncharted 2 & Uncharted Avatar packs coming to the PSN store July 27th
uncharted-drakes-fortune-1.jpg

Naughty Dog announced earlier today that they will be releasing the next batch of UNCHARTED PSN Avatars coming this Tuesday, July 27th 2010. The pack will include UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra characters – both stories covering events prior to UNCHARTED 2.

The new PSN Avatars will be available for purchase individually for $0.49 each, although you’ll get a much better value if you get one of the Avatar Packs, which includes 4 Avatars, and costs $1.25 per pack.

UNCHARTED Avatar Pack #3 includes:

Nathan Drake
Gabriel Roman
Atoq Navarro
Rika Raja

UNCHARTED Avatar Pack #4 includes:

Elena Fisher
Eddy Raja
Javier
Daniel Pinkerton

Please check your regional PlayStation Network

Moooaaaar Mo avatars, omgz!

Via examiner.com

David Jaffe Talks Twisted Metal DLC and More
resized_100622195530TM_STILLS_001.jpg

This generation has opened up new doors for game developers with online game patches and the chance to provide continuous support and new content via DLC. While in theory the concept is quite well-thought out and a brilliant move for both gamers and game developers, some people aren't too happy when they hear a game company pimp DLC before the full retail game is out or finished, and many get upset when DLC is on the disc but gamers are required to pay for the content at a later date. Rest assured, David Jaffe and his team at Eat.Sleep.Play. are only talking about future plans for DLC, but they won't be starting on any of that for a long time.

When asked about DLC on Twitter, Jaffe responded to the inquiry with the following statement: "TOTALLY want to do DLC but not to make up for what some folks see as the 'weakness' of only 3 characters. Very happy w/the value of our SP campaign. HOWEVER- as I've said- if we can we will try to address some of the fan concerns we've heard about that issue."

Then when called out about talking discussing DLC prior to the game being completed, Jaffe stated: "Oh lord man, then those people need to chill the f*ck out. We DO want DLC and we HAVE talked about what it could be. Deal with it. We have NOT begun to work on it nor will we for a while. If the retail launch game u buy does not meet your standards THEN players have every right to be mad. They SHOULD be mad. But we ARE also talking about DLC."

Twisted Metal for the PS3 is slated for 2011 launch. At this time the type of DLC Jaffe will create isn't known, but more characters, new courses, and modes are the likely candidates.

Via psnathome.com

PS3 Firmware (3.41) is Available For Download
new-ps3-firmware-update.jpg

3.41 adds the ability to recommend games and items for people on the PlayStation Store. Nothing else has been reported thus far as to what other minor tweaks Sony has implemented on the PS3. We’ll be sure to tell you once we find out.

[Update] Download links are now available:

PS3 Firmware Update 3.41 (for US Regions) / PS3 Firmware Update 3.41 (for EU Regions) (Note: Do not install other region firmware updates as it may corrupt your PS3)

So far, some features that are available in this update are:

Automatic Funding for the subscription service [PlayStation Plus] can now be found under Account Management .
Recommendations for other PlayStation Store items and games, also known as “You May Like

Via gamervision.com

PS3 Move Bundle to Come in Two Sizes?
1280183353G1bnN1F0j1.jpg

A few weeks back, the PlayStation Blog let slip the details on three different PlayStation Move bundles, assuring that everyone was able to jump into the second wind of this console generation, regardless of where they stood in terms of hardware. Gamers could pick up the controller by itself for $49, get it with a camera and game for $99, or purchase a system, game, and a camera for $399. The last option didn't get any details, at the time, leaving gamers guessing as to what size hard drive it might come with. We've been sent some more information from a source close to Sony that has not only details on the $399 version, but information on an unannounced $349 edition as well.

According to the source (who has, in the past, proven reliable), the $399 version will come with a 320GB hard drive. The $349 version, which may or may not launch at the same time, will come packed with 120GB of space. This goes right alone with previous rumors of the company replacing its 120GB systems with 320GB models, and might mean a $50 price drop for the 120GB PlayStation 3 systems in the near future. That, or they'll just be phased out entirely.

Currently, we have no idea when this might be officially unveiled, but as Move's release date rapidly approaches it would make sense for the console maker to announce it sooner, rather than later. Might as well strike while everyone's still reeling over Kinect's $150 price point, right?

Gran Turismo 5 E3 2010 Trailer

I mean, in case someone forgot anybody can compete with Game of FOREVER? Psh. $%@* outta here.

Ryu getting worked
laugh.gif

MJ trailer is
pimp.gif

hopefully you unlock different uniforms for him... plius high waisted jeans, 5xl leather jackets with shoulder pads, chopper suits etc..

that firmware update is just to keep the hackers from entering the hard drive.

if you you have a ps3 with a firmware of 3.15  and lower you can modify the patches off the HD

Star Ocean is the RPG I have been waiting for on PS3.
pimp.gif

Classic JRPG grinding, going to take 300+ hours to 100%; but its engaging enough not to be tedious.

Unlike FFXIII, which is borderline impossible to platinum (drop rates of <1%? GTFOOOO) but extremely easy to beat.

Any SO fans, or JRPG fans, do yourself a freaking service and scoop this game up.

^ I saw you playing it earlier and was wondering if it was a good game.
laugh.gif

Is it really worth it cuz i do need a new RPG to play.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 2sappy

^ I saw you playing it earlier and was wondering if it was a good game.
laugh.gif

Is it really worth it cuz i do need a new RPG to play.
laugh.gif

Have you played previous Star Ocean's? If so, and you enjoyed them, then I know you'll like this.

The combat system takes some time to master, but once you do, it is really rewarding. The bonus board makes grinding levels easier. Like the series has done previouslly, its an action based combat, not a turn based system.

It's has a ton to collect, item creation, ect.

One thing though... don't play this game FOR trophies. I'm 13 hours in and have gotten 1 bronze.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

[h2]More games in Tales series coming for PS3 and PSP[/h2]
July 28th, 2010 @ 19:18
By Stephany Nunneley

tales-of-graces.jpg

Looks like fans of the Tales series can look forward to more title****ting retail – if leaked information from an upcoming issue of Jumpis anything to go by.

According to information obtained by Andriasang, PS3’s getting two Tales games and PSP is getting one as well.

One is Tales of Graces, originally released on Wii,and coming to PS3 this winter in the form of Tales of Graces F. It willcontain some visual improvements as well as added special attacks forbattle, and a new outfit for Sophie.

The other PS3 Tales game is currently without a name, with Jump onlydescribing it as “New Talesâ€

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

SOCOM, yet so far away: SOCOM 4 delayed into 2011
July 29th, 2010 @ 04:00
By Nathan Grayson

socom4.jpg

SOCOM fans, are you sitting down? Oh, you say you’re sitting becauseyou’re playing SOCOM 3 in rabid, feverish anticipation of SOCOM 4’supcoming release?

Hoo boy. This isn’t going to be easy.

SOCOM 4’s officially ducked out of 2010, and will instead be deployed into the deep, dark reaches of 2011.

“While we’re certainly aware that you’ve been looking forward toplaying SOCOM 4 this year, we don’t want to take any shortcuts.Instead, we want to deliver the best and most immersive SOCOM game wepossibly can and we’re going to use our extra time to do just that,â€

Back
Top Bottom