PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Yall gotta be careful on how many movies ya'll are streaming.

A few months ago, my brother told me he was streaming a lot of HD netflix movies/shows and he got a call from comcast saying he is almost at his monthly 250GB data cap.

For prior months, his usage amounts were at most 100GB, then it just jumped to like 240GB all of a sudden and netflix was the only reason we could think of that could have caused this.

Could the streaming have caused this? Or was he just on a torrent pron binge or something?
laugh.gif

from Yahoo.ca

A potential problem for Netflix and its streaming strategy lies in how Canadians receive Internet access, and the caps on downloading imposed by providers. In a test by The Canadian Press, a 23-minute "Trailer Park Boys" episode ate up almost 270 megabytes of data, while watching the Lars von Trier film "Antichrist" in high definition downloaded almost 2.9 gigabytes of data for the 108-minute film.

If users exceed download limits, they could face a fee at the end of the month.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

How much of a difference is there between downloading and streaming? Is it not the same file size?

it pretty much is the same

Originally Posted by sole vintage

they cap your internet service in canada
30t6p3b.gif

you probably got a cap too that you might not know about

i got a 250gb monthly cap, %++% comcast
30t6p3b.gif

Works well. Watched an episode of Heroes. I think this will definitely be worth it.

Im going to stay away from HD unless the movie absolutely calls for it. Plus if I want to see it badly enough, I'd most likely have bought it on BluRay anyway.

[h2]Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood beta to open early for PS Plus subs on Monday[/h2]
September 23rd, 2010 @ 12:39
By Johnny Cullen

ACbrotherhood1.jpg

The EU PS Blog has announced the Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood multiplayer beta will kick off for PlayStation Plus subs in Europe on Monday.

PS Plus members will have a week-long head start before anyone else has access to the beta on October 4.

It was announced yesterday that a select few PS Plus members in the US would have access to the taster.

The beta will include two modes, with nine characters and two maps.

Brotherhood launches on November 19 on PS3 and 360. It releases on PC next year.

[h2]Shadow of the Colossus movie isn’t doing “montage sequences,[/h2]

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Bynum really is Jesus, besides Michael and Dr, J, who else can dunk from free throw line? 
The developers already fixed the problem on the final build, they were unable to fix it on the demo before they released it.

[h1]Sony Warns of Fake, Exploding PS3 Controllers[/h1][h2]KaBoom![/h2][h2]September 23, 2010[/h2]

by Jim Reilly

Sony issued a consumer alert earlier this week advising all PlayStation 3 owners to only use first-party, genuine PS3 wireless controllers. The company says counterfeit controllers, which look identical in appearance, have been introduced into the market and could explode.

"SCEA advises consumers to be cautious when buying PlayStation 3 wireless controllers from uncertain sources as the quality, reliability and safety of counterfeit products is uncertain, and in some cases, may be dangerous," Sony warns.

"It is possible that some counterfeit product may ignite or explode, resulting in injury or damage to the user, your PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, or other property."

Sony also said it plans to introduce software updates to disable these counterfeit and unlicensed controllers.

roll.gif

I just remembered I had a broken PS3 sitting in my closet (YLoD) where are some legit places where I can send it off to or possible places to physically take it to in the Baltimore area?

Back
Top Bottom