PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I'm now allowed to say we have the PSP2.

I'm not allowed to comment on the system but it is a SIGNIFICANT upgrade from the PSP and will have much better multimedia functionality. 
pimp.gif

[h2]PlayStation Plus subs now at US retail[/h2]
September 28th, 2010 @ 12:54
By Johnny Cullen

playstationlplus2.jpg

Kotaku’s reporting that PlayStation Plus subscriptions are now available to buy in stores. In your face, onlinemajig.

Only three month subs are available for now. They cost $17.99.

For those who do have an internet connection, or just act lazy and don’t want to go outside and buy the three months in a store, you can get a year-long sub for $49.99.

Everyone wins.

PS Plus launched at the end of June as a premium alternative to PlayStation Network.

sonic.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 will launch next month across PSN, Xbox Live Arcade, WiiWare and iPhone

The game will launch on the App Store on October 7, before launching on October 11 for WiiWare in the US, with a October 15 release planned for Europe.

It’ll be on PSN on October 12 in North America, with EU getting it on October 13.

Xbox Live Arcade will release it on the service worldwide on October 13
[h2]God of War: Ghost of Sparta demo hitting US PSN tonight[/h2]
September 28th, 2010 @ 11:05
By Johnny Cullen

ghost-of-sparta.jpg

A God of War: Ghost of Sparta taster will go live on the US PSN later tonight.

The demo’s been available for two weeks for PS Plus subs, but it will be open to all today.

You can assume it’ll probably be the same for the European EU PSN tomorrow.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta launches on November 2 in the US. No date for Europe yet.
[h2]NBA Elite 11 delayed, NBA Jam PS360 to sell as separate product[/h2]
September 28th, 2010 @ 09:56
By Johnny Cullen

nbaelite.jpg

EA’s announced NBA Elite 11 has been delayed in the US, one week before it was due to go on sale.

The game was also due to contain a download code for NBA Jam for PS3 and 360, which will now be sold as a separate product and released in time for Christmas.

It’s unknown if it’ll be a download or a boxed game, though.

“The decision to delay NBA ELITE was hard because the game has great promise,

Via playstationlifestyle.net

Unreal Engine To Power Devil May Cry Reboot
Devil-May-Cry-feature.jpg

Ninja Theory’s already has received some controversy over the announcement of their Devil May Cry reboot. Little is known about how the retelling of Dante’s story will impact the original story and characters that established the franchise. Not only is the story undergoing a makeover, but apparently so will the software architecture as well.

In a recent posting on Ninja Theory’s public forum, community manager ninja, Dominic Matthews revealed that the new retelling of their Devil May Cry will be powered by the Unreal Engine.

The previous Devil May Cry 4 had been known to use MT Framework, a game engine that Capcom has used to render hit titles such as Dead Rising, and the zombie-infested Resident Evil 5. Capcom’s Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will also be running on a modified version of MT Framework. It has been said that the MT Framework engine allowed Capcom’s titles to run at smooth frame-rates while maintaining high textures and resolutions.

On can only wonder why Capcom is allowing Ninja Theory to depart from utilizing the MT Framework for the next DmC. The most likely reason is that Ninja Theory petitioned to stick to one programming language they are most familiar with since their latest title, Enslaved, was also rendered with the Unreal Engine 3. Perhaps, there is still much more life in the Unreal Engine than we initially imagined.

Via playstationlifestyle.net

First Resistance 3 Screens and Concept Art Leaked
Resistance-3-feature.jpg

Well, it’s been a while coming, but after the official announcement at this year’s gamescom, fans of Insomniac’s alternate history shooter, Resistance, finally have some screens of the Burbank studios latest outing to gawp over.
The screens, leaked on to one member’s Flickr account, give away some potential information on this little known game. As already postulated, the St Louis Arch and New York will be features in the game, and, according to some of the titles of the images, we will be playing, or at least encountering, one of the protagonists from the previous game: Capelli. Other locations from the pictures appear to include an abandoned prison, an underground shanty town and a place known as “Haven

Anybody buying Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light today? I played the demo and it was amazing!

Lara_Croft_and_the_Guardian_of_Light_cover.jpg

I'm probably going to cop the new Sonic on PSN when it comes out...2D Sonic FTW!!

Originally Posted by kash55

I'm probably going to cop the new Sonic on PSN when it comes out...2D Sonic FTW!!

I thought the new Sonic was a retail game and the Dreamcast 3D pile of crap was on PSN?

Or are both PSN titles?

I know I'm late, but how is Batman: Arkham Asylum?

I need a single player game to play because I'm getting sick of MW2.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

laugh.gif
yeahh......

it's a great game

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

I would suggest coppin' that new Castlevania game as well. It looks
pimp.gif

[h2]Pre-order Vanquish, get Bayonetta free[/h2]
September 30th, 2010 @ 11:52
By Johnny Cullen

bayonetta.jpg

Easy.

If you’re planning on pre-ordering from Vanquish, but you don’t know where to go, chances are you might want to check Play.com.

If you place an order the OTT Platinum third-person shooter, you’llget the developer’s other OTT action title Bayonetta for free.

The offer applies to both PS3 and 360 SKUs.

Protip: go for it. Vanquish is looking hot, and Bayonetta’s awesome.

Vanquish releases on October 22 in the UK for PS3 and 360.

[h2]Beyond Good & Evil HD releasing next year for PSN and XBLA[/h2]
September 30th, 2010 @ 08:57
By Johnny Cullen

BeyondGoodEvil.jpg

Jade’s finally on her way to PS3 and 360, but not in the way you think.

Ubisoft’s releasing a HD version of the original Beyond Good & Evil next year for PSN and Xbox Live Arcade.

The HD version of the game – which released back in 2003 for PS2,Xbox, PC and GameCube – will feature 1080p visuals, makeovers for thecharacter models, polished textures, a re-mastered soundtrack andachievements/trophies, depending on what console you have, as well asonline leaderboards.

No other exact date’s been given for the re-release other then just next year.

A sequel has been in and out for the past two-and-a-half years, but is still in development.

Thanks, IGN.

[h2]Arkham City brings back Riddler, adds interrogations[/h2]
September 30th, 2010 @ 07:41
By Nathan Grayson

arkham-city-2.jpg

Here’s a quick riddle we whipped up: Batman asks you a question. Doyou A) divulge as much information as possible, or B) keep gettingpunched in the face, all the while marveling at just how much the human body is capable of simultaneously crying and wetting itself?

It’s ok. Take your time. We know; it’s kind of a toughie.

“As with nearly every area ofthe game we’re enhancing it. One example is the criminal databasecoupled with the new interrogation mechanic,

Back
Top Bottom