PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h1]Splinter Cell Trilogy Coming in 2011[/h1][h2]First three titles coming to PlayStation 3 in HD.[/h2][h2]December 20, 2010[/h2]

Ubisoft confirmed to IGN it will release the Splinter Cell Trilogyfor PlayStation 3 in 2011. 

The collection contains the original versions of Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory in high-definition. The publisher would not confirm additional details at this time. 

This is just one of many third-party HD collections to hit PlayStation 3. Ubisoft already released the Prince of Persia Trilogy earlier this year and developer Crystal Dynamics just announced it will release the Tomb Raider Trilogy in March 2011.

[h1]DC Universe Online Gets a Release Date[/h1][h2]We have the day, beta stats and an interview with SOE.[/h2][h2]December 21, 2010[/h2]

Dust off your cape: DC Universe Online has a release date. Yes, after a last minute delay pushed the MMO from Sony Online Entertainment past its original November launch, the company announced DC Universe Online is coming Jan. 11, 2011 for both PC and the PlayStation 3. If you live in the UK, look for the game on Jan. 14, 2011. Sadly, there was no word on an Australian release date. 

DC Universe Online is an MMO where players can create their own villains and heroes and set out to make their name known under the tutelage of Batman, the Joker, Superman and so on. The PC version of the game will cost $49.99 and the PS3 version will cost $59.99. Both come with a free 30-day subscription to the MMO, but after that, the game will cost $15 (€13) a month – or $199 (€180) for a lifetime subscription. 

Originally Posted by Mister916

I hope they didn't change too much in multiplayer for KZ3. KZ2's multiplayer was fun as hell.

Those were some good times
pimp.gif

Splinter Cell trilogy? Kind of hyped
smokin.gif

I'm hesitant to pick up MvC3 since the character selection doesn't look that great.

Kind of undecided on KZ3 after watching some of the multiplayer vids. I wish hopped on that beta.

Via Joystiq

LittleBigPlanet 2 goes gold, European release date confirmed
gamlbp2preview1.jpg

Though the untold millions of new levels which the LittleBigPlanet community will almost certainly churn out have yet to be created, the sequel to Media Molecule's 2008 platformer is completely in the bag. The developer has announced that LittleBigPlanet 2 has gone gold, revealing that the DIY title will arrive in Continental Europe on January 19, followed by its release in Australia and New Zealand the following day and in the UK and Ireland that Friday, January 21. These dates coincide with the North American launch date on January 18, which is great, because the more pedestrians we have making levels for us, the merrier.

If you're finding it difficult to wrap your brain meat around the month standing between you and Sackboy's next outing, you'll be relieved to learn that a demo for the game is set to launch today on the North American PlayStation Store and tomorrow following the European PSN update. Get your creative caps on, everybody! Also, your creative pants.

Via Joystiq

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood patch to correct 'Animus bug'
acbmulti530.jpg

Ubisoft has announced an upcoming title update for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood that should spur stalled multiplayer matchmaking, restore PlayStation 3 Trophy acquisition and give the notorious Animus bug the boot. And that one's a detrimental glitch, mind you. If you've played Brotherhood's online component, you'll know that a lot of the bugs, cheats and exploits used by Abstergo employees in Animus simulations are features, first and foremost.

Due to arrive "very soon," Title Update 3 aims to free players who get stuck either during the match search process, or in the Animus seat when they visit the 2012 timeline in the single-player campaign. It'll also address a fast travel glitch in Rome and a bug that can prevent PS3 players from unlocking further trophies after a certain point in the game.

You can see a more detailed list of fixes after the break. We'll let you know as soon as the update becomes available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

Via Joystiq

PlayStation Network offering free holiday rentals
blackxmasjp.jpg

Sony is offering a free stocking stuffer to PlayStation Network members this Christmas. From December 24 - 26, Nativity and Black Christmas will be available as free rentals. But, are these gifts -- or are they lumps of coal?

does anyone play MAG? is it worth 10 dollars? looking for a multiplayer reason to turn on my ps3.

Please tell me there will be different announces depending on the team you choose?? If so I can't wait.....And Mauer is on the cover again?? Lame

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

^^^ I tried that, the deal is done (coupon redemption exceeded its limit).

which one did you get?
I'm late but I copped the 320gig. I tried the hair dryer trick on my 60gig, no bueno, so I took it apart; the power source was ok and everything else looked normal so I'm gonna re-flow the CPU and GPU and then it should work fine again. I'm just busy so I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
Just figured I'd update y'all on this.
(my 60gig got YLOD on Thanksgiving weekend)

We're snowed in here in NY so I decided to use today to re-flow my 60gig....
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
IT WORKED!!!!!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Took me 2 hours to do it cuz I was trying to keep everything organized and not strip anything. Surprisingly, my PS3 looked really clean, the fan and all, the shotty compound was the only reason it stopped working
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
y'all have no idea how happy I am right now! Even though it works, I'm gonna stick to using the 320gig, I'm just gonna transfer the data and box it up. If anyone gets the YLOD and wants to try this (assuming your power source is good, meaning it powers on but doesn't stay on) follow this sequence of videos:

^ Good stuff, man 
pimp.gif

Quick questions: Should I format my PS3 if I'm gonna sell it? (I got a new 160gb model for Christmas). After I format my PS3's hard drive, do I need to do anything else before I sell it?

Originally Posted by Noskey

^ Good stuff, man 
pimp.gif

Quick questions: Should I format my PS3 if I'm gonna sell it? (I got a new 160gb model for Christmas). After I format my PS3's hard drive, do I need to do anything else before I sell it?

something about calling sony and deactivating it, i wouldnt know since ive never done it, but i think it has to do with removing the accounts from the old one

I'm pretty sure I deactivated the accounts on the PS3 when I did the data transfer to the new one. I might check it out though just to make sure.

^^^ Thank you sir!

And I'm gonna take a wild guess and say if you already deactivated it, formatting it should be all you have left to do (besides deleting the user account). After that, turn it on and see what it says. It should prompt you to make a new account or log in with the old one, do either and see what you find left on the system.

Nothing's left but the preinstalled $!%$ 
smokin.gif
And the user account that's left never got activated for PSN. Craigslist, here comes an outdated 30gb PS3 with no HD cable and no dualshock controllers
pimp.gif

for those of you that DL the DCU Beta, how long did it take? the timer just hit 10min, and im getting impatient....

Back
Top Bottom