PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

all psp's are hackable now. the hackers who found the ps3 keys on the system, found the psp's keys on the ps3 as well 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

all psp's are hackable now. the hackers who found the ps3 keys on the system, found the psp's keys on the ps3 as well 
roll.gif

failoverflow ?
I'm so ready to hack and homebrew my PS3(ESPN app Plus more)
Had a psp back in the day Custom Firmware FTW
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Originally Posted by sole vintage

roll.gif

failoverflow ?
I'm so ready to hack and homebrew my PS3(ESPN app Plus more)
Had a psp back in the day Custom Firmware FTW
pimp.gif

yup and Mathieulh

Via thisisxbox.com

Rumour: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Prequel
f_484_297_16448250_1___images_stories_Games_Callofdutygames_mw2ghost.jpg

A source within the industry who has previously leaked other information when I was writing for Xboxic (leaks include confirming Black Op's March 2010, Naming Kinect before E3 May 2010, First Gears 3 Images April 2010, amongst others) has informed me that an upcoming Call of Duty title from Infinity Ward will not be created on an all new game engine, and will not be released this year under the title of Modern Warfare 3!
It has been alleged that Infinity Ward are creating a game that will focus on the character Ghost who first appeared in Modern Warfare 2, this game will centre around the events leading up to the war in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare as a prequel, and then further reveal how Ghost first became a member of Task Force 141 based on the comic book stories written by David Lapham. In various parts of the game that will focus on the life of Ghost - players will revisit locations from both Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2, but this time from a different viewpoint.
Although entirely a rumour - the game is meant to be in development on the Modern Warfare 2 engine. Robert Bowling (Infinity Ward's Community Manager) was contacted, but has neither confirmed or denied the rumours.

When an official announcement from both Activision and Infinity Ward is made regarding the Call of Duty title currently in development - we'll be sure to post it.

Let this be !#@%$@ TRUE IW!

214959324.gif

Via examiner.com

DC Universe Online beta going out with a bang on January 5
208282-3.jpg

With just a few days until the launch of DC Universe Online on the PS3 and PC, it is time for Sony Online Entertainment to wind the beta down and get their servers prepped. To celebrate the end of the beta and the impending launch, players will get to go out in style in an epic Battle of the Legends will be held in Metropolis between Lex Luthor and Superman and in Gotham City between Batman and The Joker.

Players should log on starting at around 8 PM EST / 5PM PST on January 5 for the US beta servers and around 5PM GMT on January 6 for the European servers. You'll get to pick sides in one of the two cities and join in on the battle with some special guests.

The whole event will sort of mirror the opening cinematic of DCUO that shows a massive final battle between the heroes and villains.

SOE will be live-streaming the event over at the DCUO Facebook page as well as providing updates and screenshots through both Facebook and Twitter.

You can find the complete schedule for the PC and PS3 beta servers below

Click Here For Servers

Via Joystiq

PSN Tuesday: Easing into a new year
flickrechochromehangover530.jpg

Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional Character Colors #1 – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional Character Colors #2 – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional Character Colors #3 – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional System Voice Type-C – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $5.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional System Voice Type-K – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $5.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional System Voice Type-M – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $5.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Makoto Additional Playable Character – Sale (PS3) (now $4.49, original price $7.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Unlock All Unlimited Characters – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $5.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Unlock Playable Character Mu – Sale (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Valkenhayn R Hellsing – Sale (PS3) (now $4.49, original price $7.99)
Cuboid – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Interpol – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Magic Orbz – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Magic Orbz Extreme Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $7.79, original price $12.99)
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Sky Fighters – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Smash Cars – Sale (PS3) (now $8.99, original price $14.99)
Wakeboarding HD Dynamic Theme Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Hamsterball – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Super Stacker Party – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $6.99)
Topatoi – Sale (PS3) (now $3.99, original price $7.99)
Topatoi Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $13.99)
Uno PSP – Sale (PSP) (now $0.99, original price $7.99)
Wheel of Fortune – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $14.99)
101-In-1 Megamix – Permanent Price Drop (PS3/PSP) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
GTI Club Supermini Festa! – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Superstars V8 Racing – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Games
Microbot ($9.99)
Tetris ($9.99)
NEOGEO Station PS3 Bundle Pack ($79.99)
Ricochet ($9.99)
PSone Classic Imports
Reloaded ($5.99)
Arc the Lad III ($5.99)
Demos
Microbot Demo
Top Gun Network Demo
Alien Breed 2: Assault Demo
Ricochet Demo
Kung-Fu Live Demo
Add-ons
John Daly's Prostroke Golf Course Pack 01 (free)
Fist of the North Star – DLC Pack 6 ($4.99)
EyePet – Transport Pack ($2.99)
Def Jam Rapstar t:
• "Money To Blow" – Birdman ($1.99)
• "Pass The Courvoisier, Part II" – Busta Rhymes ($1.99)
• "Laffy Taffy" – D4L ($1.99)
• "Get Your Freak On" – Missy Elliot ($1.99)
Rock Band Network
• "(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar" – The Guild feat. Felicia Day ($0.99)
• "Bullet With A Name" – Nonpoint ($1.99)
• "Buttersnips" – Periphery ($1.99)
• "Deliver Us" – Andy Timmons ($1.99)
• "Obfuscation" – Between the Buried and Me ($1.99)
• "Rise Above This" – Seether ($1.99)
• "Second & Sebring" – Of Mice & Men ($1.99)
• "The Anthem Of The Angry Brides" – Norma Jean ($1.99)
• "The Waiting One" – All That Remains ($1.99)
• "Wake Up" – Suicide Silence ($1.99)
Rock Band Weekly
Rival Schools Avatars (x5) ($0.49)
The Fight Lights Out Avatars (x2) ($0.49)
Videos (free)
Dead Space 2 – Get Caught Up On Dead Space Trailer
Dead Space 2 – Chaos Hits The Sprawl Trailer
Madden NFL 11 Trailer
Mass Effect 3 – Announce Trailer
Modern Combat: Domination – Move Trailer
Thor – Spike VGA World Premiere Trailer
Yakuza 4 Story Trailer
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – HR Upgrades & Augmentations Network Trailer
Kung-Fu Live Launch Trailer
PixelJunk Shooter 2 Gameplay Trailer
Making of TV Superstars – Move
Making of TV Superstars – Fame
Making of TV Superstars – Eye
Gran Turismo 5 Features Trailer
Journey – Debut Trailer
SingStar Dance Launch Trailer
Resistance 3 Game Trailer (VGAs)
PS3 Themes, Wallpapers
Call of Duty: Black Ops Heroes Theme ($1.99)
Tron: Evolution Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

[h2]Rumour: Infinity Ward developing Ghost-based Call of Duty 4 prequel[/h2]
January 5th, 2011 @ 15:12
By Johnny Cullen

ghost.jpg

According to a story on thisisxbox.com, Infinity Ward is developing a prequel based on Ghost from Modern Warfare 2.

The game will apparently lead up to the events of Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare, showing how Ghost became a main part of Task Force 141in MW2, as told in the series of David Lapham comics on Ghost put outaround the time of MW2’s release.

These events will revisit COD4 and MW2, but this time from Ghost’s perspective.

Obviously, this could be absolutely untrue in every sense. We’ll ask Activision.

VG247 was told by US development sources last January that, beforeex-heads Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired from the studio forinsubordination, that Infinity Ward was not creating Modern Warfare 3.

Activision COO Thomas Tippl confirmed in a financial call last May that Infinity Ward was still working on something in the Call of Duty universe, although what that is unknown.

The future of the COD IP has also been determined outside of Infinity Ward: Treyarch will release the first map pack for Black Ops, First Strike, on February 1.

Upstart Sledgehammer Games, led by ex-Visceral bosses Glen Schofieldand Michael Condery, is also working on a title in the series.

It’s thought that game is set in space, although nothing has been officially announced yet by Activision.

[h2]PSP go hacked, Kingdom Hearts shown running in videos[/h2]
January 5th, 2011 @ 13:36
By Johnny Cullen

pspgo5.jpg

Following on from news of PS3 getting hacked earlier this week – with custom Firmware now available – PSP go has now been hacked to play pirated full disc games.

Videos from blogger Wololo show Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleeprunning on the system thanks to an ISO loader homebrew, which allowsgames pulled from UMDs to be played digitally.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep was only released on UMD, and never got a PSN online release.

This latest turn of events only adds to what’s been a very bad weekfor Sony in terms of potential piracy, following news of PS3’s root keybeing hacked and published openly. PSP’s encryption keys were exposedat the same time.

There’s some videos of the ISO loader below.
Thanks, GAF and Alex

[h1]http://kotaku.com/5725088/you-can-now-install-your-own-custom-ps3-firmware[/h1][h1]http://kotaku.com/5725088/you-can-now-install-your-own-custom-ps3-firmware[/h1]
[h1]You Can Now Install Your Own "Custom" PS3 Firmware[/h1]
Some tools released online overnight claim to allow the installation of "custom firmware" on a PlayStation 3.

Capitalising on the work done last week by the fail0verflow team in breaking the PS3 wide open, KaKaRoTo has released a set of tools that allow users to alter their PS3's firmware, making this the first practical step towards installing stuff like homebrew and Linux on Sony's console.

These tools apparently work with any recent PS3 firmware version.

As of now it's not terribly useful, as it apparently won't let you run current homebrew programs or backup copies of games, but KaKaRoTo says "this custom firmware is really meant for future homebrew installation", and in addition "will not allow piracy".

Think of it, then, as one of those PSN updates where they quietly lay the groundwork for future stuff.

[PS3: First ‘Custom Firmware' now working!]

via Kotaku

andherewegojoker.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
 Only thing I remember about that game was the guy wearing the creepy rabbits head.
Anyone else not know there was a Mass Effect 2 demo on the PS Store? 
nerd.gif
 D/Ling now.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Anyone else not know there was a Mass Effect 2 demo on the PS Store? 
nerd.gif
 D/Ling now.
the lighting in the game is meh, and you cant skip the 8 minute intro
sick.gif

I also have the Dead Space 2 demo going.
So, what benefit to the average consumer is "homebrew"? Other than the obvious being able to play games without discs.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

So, what benefit to the average consumer is "homebrew"? Other than the obvious being able to play games without discs.
emulation. the dreamcast is 60% done plays crazy taxi and some other games

added movie format support MKV files

other os for people who still care

modifying patches on the fly

Originally Posted by air234ever

DC Universe Online looks crazy..... anyone played the beta????? how was it it?????
Played it but not impressed enough for me to cop it and pay $15 a month to play it though.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by air234ever

DC Universe Online looks crazy..... anyone played the beta????? how was it it?????
Played it but not impressed enough for me to cop it and pay $15 a month to play it though.
This. It was entertaining for a lil' bit but def. not worth $15 a month.

Dead Space 2 demo is legit.

I'm kinda regreting that I traded my Red Dead in for BlkOps. I should have just kept that game.

Also, vintage wen are we gonna chrono cross on psn. 
I still remember the opening scene wen that guy in the temple holds up the bloody knife.
he is a crasy looking mexican.  chrono trigger is legit the best rpg everver

Dumb question,but does anyone know if Rival Schools is coming out? Either thru disc or PSN? i noticed that some of the characters are being sold on PSN to use as avatars...

Back
Top Bottom