PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Here's my situation:
My PS3 got the YLOD, I couldn't fix it and decided against sending it to Sony for $150 so I bought a brand new PS3 Slim 160GB.

1st question:
Is it possible to extract the save files from my old PS3 HD and transfer it into my slim?
Here are my ideas, please shoot them down if they are not possible:
1.) Connecting the PS3 phat HD to the computer and drag and drop.
2.) Insert the PS3 phat HD into another working PS3 phat and back it up into an external HD.

2nd question:
If it is impossible, how can I wipe off my account data on my old HD?

Thanks!

Hate to break it you bro but your 2 ideas for trying to get your game save data and other data off the drive will not work. Sony uses some special encryption software and your PC will not see and read the drive. The 2nd option if you stick your old PS3 hard drive into another PS3 the 1st thing that pops up is the PS3 saying that the drive needs to be formatted which will cause you to lose your data.

Your best bet is to try the heat gun temp fix on your old PS3 then do a data back up or data transfer between the 2 PS3's.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

This game looks pretty good. Anyone play the first one?

LOVED the first one, played it to death. It was a flawed game but still incredibly fun.

I have a question for you guys, Im trying to play mkv files on my ps3. How should I go about it?? I tried using PS3 Media Server (I have a mac) but its been giving me the DLNA error so thats not working. I just want to watch these damn movies, been trying to play The Town for the last 2 hours
mad.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by MR J 858

This game looks pretty good. Anyone play the first one?

LOVED the first one, played it to death. It was a flawed game but still incredibly fun.

I have a question for you guys, Im trying to play mkv files on my ps3. How should I go about it?? I tried using PS3 Media Server (I have a mac) but its been giving me the DLNA error so thats not working. I just want to watch these damn movies, been trying to play The Town for the last 2 hours
mad.gif
sick.gif
Use Vuze.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

^
Good looks, Hybrid. I wondering if the amazing success that was FFXIV will change SE's release schedule... 
laugh.gif

WTH happened to your other name
laugh.gif

Supposed to be hearing about the major changes with XIV soon. So we'll see. The production schedule for this year looks real bleak. It seems they're going to dump all their talent into XIV to see if they can resurrect it.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

^
Good looks, Hybrid. I wondering if the amazing success that was FFXIV will change SE's release schedule... 
laugh.gif

WTH happened to your other name
laugh.gif

Supposed to be hearing about the major changes with XIV soon. So we'll see. The production schedule for this year loos real bleak. I seems they're going to dump all their talent into XIV to see if they can resurrect it.
SquareEnix sounds like a big mess now...

E3 Exhibitors list:
http://
Spoiler [+]
  • Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ("AMD")
  • 505 Games
  • Activision
  • Alienware
  • Atari
  • Atlus USA
  • Atomic Accesories
  • Behaviour
  • Bethesda Softworks LLC
  • BGRMODS
  • Bigben Interactive
  • Blitz Games Studios
  • Brady Games
  • Calibur11
  • Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
  • CCP Games
  • CE Projekt RED
  • Chetu Inc.
  • City Interactive
  • Crave Games
  • Creative Mind Interactive
  • CTA Digital
  • Disney Interactive Studios
  • dreamGEAR
  • dtp Entertainment AG
  • DVA, Inc.
  • DXT, Inc
  • Electronic Arts
  • Epic Games, Inc.
  • Exspect
  • Future Games Group
  • G4 Media, Inc.
  • Gaikai
  • GameSpot
  • Gamigo Inc.
  • Gazillion Entertainment
  • Gioteck
  • High Voltage Software, Inc.
  • Hyperkin
  • IGN.com
  • InComm
  • Infernal Engine
  • Innex Video Game Accessories
  • Interworks
  • Jack of All Games, A Division of Synnex Corporation
  • Kalypso Media Group
  • Konami Digital Entertainment
  • Left Behind Games, Inc.
  • LucasArts
  • Machinima.com
  • Mad Catz
  • Majesco Entertainment
  • Microsoft
  • NAMCO BANDAI Games America, Inc.
  • Natsume, Inc.
  • Nintendo of America, Inc.
  • Nox Audio
  • NVIDIA Corporation
  • Nyko Technologies
  • OnLive, Inc.
  • Paradox Interactive
  • Parature
  • Parrot
  • PDP
  • Perfect World Entertainment
  • Playseat
  • Power A
  • Prima Games
  • Proximo Games
  • R.D.S. Industries Inc.
  • Sapphire Technology
  • SEGA of America, Inc.
  • Seven45 Studios
  • Sony Computer Entertainment America
  • Sony DADC
  • Sony Online Entertainment
  • Square Enix, Inc.
  • Storm City Games
  • Taiwan Pavilion
  • Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
  • TECMO KOEI AMERICA Corporation
  • Telltale Games
  • THQ
  • Trion Worlds, Inc.
  • Turtle Beach
  • UBIFRANCE
  • Ubisoft Entertainment
  • Virtuos
  • Wargaming.net LLP
  • Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
  • Zhongguancun Science Park
  • Zoo Publishing

no Valve
eyes.gif
but I did check out Portal 2 at CES. Game is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Elder Scrolls V info..

from gamerant.com

[h1]‘Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim’ Level Scaling Will Be Similar to ‘Fallout
[/h1]
http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?... Be Similar to ‘Fallout 3′ - Game Rant&src=sp

Gamers can finally breathe easy as Bethesda has come out to say that the leveling in the newest game will be more akin to ‘Fallout 3′ and less to ‘Oblivion.’

Share6

/l.yimg.com/ds/orion/1.0.15.59/img/badge-logo.png")">http://l.yimg.com/ds/orio...mg/badge-logo.png") no-repeat scroll left top transparent; height: 16px; width: 16px;">Buzz up!

0diggsdigg

/gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-5-skyrim-leveling-fallout-tao-60364/">http://gamerant.com/elder...eling-fallout-tao-60364/" class="post_share_email">Email

Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Leveling.jpg

Bethesda SoftworksElder Scrolls series has been a fan favorite for over 16 years now and with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the developer hopes to make the most complete RPG experience yet. After getting a feel for the story and seeing some screens, most gamers feel very confident that Skyrim is in some very capable hands, but there is still one nagging issue gamers are fearful over: the leveling.

Project Mgmt Institute

Project Management Certificates Online from Boston University!
www.CollegeNetwork.com

Ads by Google

After a less than successful leveling system in Oblivion, one that was a black mark amidst a great game, there is a fear that Skyrim will contain similar level scaling problems. Many figure that since Bethesda is improving the graphics engine, they might as well make some significant gameplay tweaks while they’re at it.

The question has been on gamers’ minds since the reveal of the game back during the Spike VGAs, but no one from Bethesda was willing to come out and say anything to assuage the fear.

Thankfully, after some three pages-worth of forum posts discussing how gamers expected the leveling system to work in Skyrim, a Bethesda representative took to the boards to clear up any confusion. Though the answer doesn’t give away specifics it does provide good news for those who weren’t fans of Oblivion’s level scaling:
“Since people are asking, wanted to briefly touch on level scaling. All our games have had some amount of randomness/leveling based on player level. Skyrim‘s is similar to Fallout 3‘s, not Oblivion‘s.

What's some good PSP games guys? The exploit just came out for the PSP-3000 and it is so much better now lol. I just got Kingdom Hearts, Persona 3, Ghost of Sparta...anyone else recommend good ones? Gran Turismo and Valkyria Chronicles 2 any good?

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

^^^ you should, its a great game after about 4-8 hours
Thanks empire, I do have MGS but I haven't opened it yet lol, I also have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite but still unopened...and yeah supreme which game are you referring to?

[h2]Source – Sony to announce PSP2 in Tokyo on January 27[/h2]
January 12th, 2011 @ 10:58
By Patrick Garratt

megaton2.jpg

VG247 has learnt that Sony it to hold a “business overview andstrategy meeting

Originally Posted by Speedy0990

Sony may be able to detect Jailbroken PS3s
January 11th, 2011 @ 23:17
By Brenna Hillier

20110106psnlogo_sn.jpg

If Sony follow the precedent set by Microsoft, we can expect pirated PlayStation 3 gamesto bring down the ban hammer, locking users out of the PlayStationNetwork. Fringe dwellers beware: Sony may well already know what you’vebeen up to.

According to Digital Foundry,any PS3 console with a network connection reports back to Sony serverson start up – whether the user is signed in with a PlayStation ID ornot.

The content of this communication is unknown, but is likely toinclude an application log identifying software installed on the harddrive.

Sony has yet to announce any consequences for using illicit software or firmware enabled by Geohot’s PS3 root key publication; the company’s most recent statement is that the hack is being looked into.

Piracy contravenes the PlayStation Network’s terms and services andis justification for a ban, but Digital Foundry speculated that Sonymay even be able to permanently disable Jailbroken PS3s.
A PSN ban disallows PS3 users from accessing the PlayStation store,title updates, online multiplayer and other game-specific services
qT75O.png

The content of this communication is unknown, but is likely toinclude an application log identifying software installed on the harddrive.

While this is possible I don't believe it. Will they now start putting this into effect? Probably, but have they been doing it for 3 years? I find that hard to believe that NO ONE had been picking up on the packets of information going out to "Sony Servers" with your HDD info on it.

I do buy into the fact that they can track if you have modded firmware. I'm certain they can. However, I'm still speculative about your hard drive info.

On boot the system contacts the server and uploads the play list etc. this list alone is enough to get anyone that goes online banned as it shows the bootmanger etc. has been running. Here is the list and what they do, I port sniffed this a while ago before I went online with a retail unit >.> because I am not stupid hehe.

Quote:

fus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > Update Server (sys updates)
mercury.dl.playstation.net > What's new ads
nsx.np.dl.playstation.net > playstation store preview
nsx-e.np.dl.playstation.net > ads
(main file exchange connections)
us.np.stun.playstation.net > on boot initiates connection
ena.net.playstation.net > SSLv3 connection after above connection
dus01.ps3.update.playstation.net > secondary update attempt (could force updates)
auth.np.ac.playstation.net > SSLv3 authentication server
(destination servers)
service.playstation.net (has multiple IPs if only the ip address is blocked)
(Error Reporting)
creepo.ww.hl.playstation.net (uploads crash reports etc.)

[h1]http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...personal-space-community-theater-update-more/[/h1]
[h1]This Week in PlayStation Home: Treehouse Personal Space, Community Theater Update & More![/h1]
Posted by Locust_Star // PlayStation Home Community Manager

This Thursday, January 13th, we’ll see yet another addition to the long line of PlayStation Home personal spaces. The Treehouse, a fantastical estate perched high above a spectacular landscape, offers gorgeous vistas surrounding a truly zen-like setting. Check out the pics below for a peek of what to expect from this dazzling new personal space.

After you pick up your new Treehouse, be sure to head over to the Exclusives store to pick up the new Solitaire game, available in 5 different designs.

Also available this week from the PlayStation Home Mall: Military uniforms for the guys and gals as well as new hairstyles and accessories for both sexes courtesy of our friends over at Lockwood.

The PlayStation Home Community Theater receives a massive update this week. To start, HomeCast Rewind airs a new video where the staff takes a look at the new Mansion personal space, the recently-released Xi Museum, and the Lockwood Gift Machine, while also giving a run-down of December’s Top 5 items.

Hip Hop Gamer returns with a new episode of the HHG show focusing on the upcoming LittleBigPlanet 2, including Alex Evans and John Beech from Media Molecule, while the most recent episode of Replay with Doc features Mo Chocolate from The Tester 2.

If you head over the PlayStation Store you can become a true PlayStation Home real estate mogul with the new Estates Pack. Purchase this pack and receive 10 different personal spaces including: the Post Apocalypse Apartment, Planetland, Villain’s Lair, the Paris Clocktower, Anime Syle, Santorini Greece, Wizard’s Den, the Playground Apartment, Pharoah’s Tomb, and the Luxury Racing Box. It’s a $47.90 value, now available for $19.99 with this exclusive bundle!

Last but certainly not least, Konami is inviting all of you Castlevania: Lords of Shadow fans out for a special event this weekend. To participate, simply show up to the Konami space in your Castlevania: Lords of Shadow gear and earn extra points for each item you wear.

Back
Top Bottom