PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Exclusive: Third attack against Sony planned[/h1]
by Erica Ogg
31 comments

A group of hackers says it is planning another wave of cyberattacks against Sony in retaliation for its handling of thePlayStation Network breach.

An observer of the Internet Relay Chat channel used by the hackers told CNET today that a third major attack is planned this weekend against Sony's Web site. The people involved plan to publicize all or some of the information they are able to copy from Sony's servers, which could include customer names, credit card numbers, and addresses, according to the source. The hackers claim they currently have access to some of Sony's servers.

Should the planned attack succeed, it would be the latest blow in a series of devastating security breaches of Sony's servers over the past month. The failure of Sony's server security has ignited investigations by the FBI, the Department of Justice, Congress, and the New York State Attorney General, a well as data security and privacy authorities in the U.K., Canada, and Taiwan.

Several weeks ago the hacker group known as Anonymous targeted several Sony Web sites, including Sony.com and SonyStyle.com, with a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack in retaliation for what its members saw as Sony's unfair legal action against hacker George Hotz. Two weeks ago Sony's PlayStation Network, along with its Qriocity service and Sony Online, were the target of an attack that exposed the personal information of more than 100 million Sony customers. Sony was forced to shut down PSN, Qriocity, and Sony Online, and is currently working to bring them back online after rebuilding the security of its servers.

Sony says it doesn't know who orchestrated what it's calling a "highly sophisticated, planned" attack, but it has dropped hints that the group Anonymous is involved. Kazuo Hirai, chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment, told a Congressional subcommittee in a letter yesterday that the intruders on its servers planted a file named "Anonymous" containing the statement "We are Legion," part of the group's tagline.

Anonymous issued a statement yesterday denying it was involved in the PSN breach. "While we are a distributed and decentralized group, our 'leadership' does not condone credit card theft," the statement said.

Now it seems the same group of hackers that was able to infiltrate the PSN servers is planning to hit back against Sony.

Sony did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20060227-260.html#ixzz1LX7sImbI

Hackers continue to retaliate because Sony protected their interests over something a hacker did. Funny how Anonymous keeps saying they aren't doing this but have yet to speak out against those doing it since they are for the people. Believe it or not, these are acts of cyber terrorism and the feds need to be more proactive in finding those who did this.

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

I'm confused. Weren't we promised the network would be running again no later than Friday?

"promised" ?

they stated that they expect it to be up this week but that theyre not putting it up until theyre sure its "secure" - whatever that means

more bs
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

bless me Henzgod
Henzgod make 2 out of one and send it this way.
I'll let you $+*+ my +*@#+... no wait, I don't have one, uuhhhhh. I'll be forever greatful?
RROD is damn easy to fix, i bought parts for a total of $20, youtube your instruction ...took maybe an 1hr to dis-assemble and re-assemble if your not really handy with tools, add additional 30min for burn in time for new thermal paste ...
Word?
Wait, I never played with Henz, he ain't finna hook me up fuuu- 

lol just noticed that requirement. 

If you hook it up, I can now play you and feel blessed
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

EDIT- WOW. No firewall? Fo reals? 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Exclusive: Third attack against Sony planned[/h1]
by Erica Ogg
31 comments

A group of hackers says it is planning another wave of cyberattacks against Sony in retaliation for its handling of the PlayStation Network breach.

An observer of the Internet Relay Chat channel used by the hackers told CNET today that a third major attack is planned this weekend against Sony's Web site. The people involved plan to publicize all or some of the information they are able to copy from Sony's servers, which could include customer names, credit card numbers, and addresses, according to the source. The hackers claim they currently have access to some of Sony's servers.

Should the planned attack succeed, it would be the latest blow in a series of devastating security breaches of Sony's servers over the past month. The failure of Sony's server security has ignited investigations by the FBI, the Department of Justice, Congress, and the New York State Attorney General, a well as data security and privacy authorities in the U.K., Canada, and Taiwan.

Several weeks ago the hacker group known as Anonymous targeted several Sony Web sites, including Sony.com and SonyStyle.com, with a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack in retaliation for what its members saw as Sony's unfair legal action against hacker George Hotz. Two weeks ago Sony's PlayStation Network, along with its Qriocity service and Sony Online, were the target of an attack that exposed the personal information of more than 100 million Sony customers. Sony was forced to shut down PSN, Qriocity, and Sony Online, and is currently working to bring them back online after rebuilding the security of its servers.

Sony says it doesn't know who orchestrated what it's calling a "highly sophisticated, planned" attack, but it has dropped hints that the group Anonymous is involved. Kazuo Hirai, chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment, told a Congressional subcommittee in a letter yesterday that the intruders on its servers planted a file named "Anonymous" containing the statement "We are Legion," part of the group's tagline.

Anonymous issued a statement yesterday denying it was involved in the PSN breach. "While we are a distributed and decentralized group, our 'leadership' does not condone credit card theft," the statement said.

Now it seems the same group of hackers that was able to infiltrate the PSN servers is planning to hit back against Sony.

Sony did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20060227-260.html#ixzz1LX7sImbI

Hackers continue to retaliate because Sony protected their interests over something a hacker did. Funny how Anonymous keeps saying they aren't doing this but have yet to speak out against those doing it since they are for the people. Believe it or not, these are acts of cyber terrorism and the feds need to be more proactive in finding those who did this.

These hackers need to interact with women and go out and get laid or something.
30t6p3b.gif

And no bueno to Sony for not securing their servers.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

^^^^

It finally comes out...

I heard the same thing last week. I was wondering if anyone else knew...

Yeah my studio had actually asked about it like 2 months ago and they were supposed to be doing hardware, software, and database upgrades when they launched the revamped PSN (not the one they were forced to put out). Word I got from a co-worker was that it was "budget issues" that held back the proper network security.
eyes.gif

yo Im starting to get pissed with PSN being off, I guess Im getting 360 next paycheck cause this is ridiculous 
30t6p3b.gif

Henz lemmo know if its still up for grabs.
We played a couple good games together (i have the NT logo as my emblem) plus I'm in Bk so you don't have to ship.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by Grimey

LimitedRetroOG wrote:

toine2983 wrote:

Via IGN

Copped.

Really? Ubisoft is lazier than Activision. AC: Brotherhood was DLC to II. Thats it. I cant believe they charged $60 for a different city and a weak, weak storyline.
And now they are doing it again. Brutal and pathetic.

Iono how far you made it into the game, but if you call a GINORMOUS city, 9 extra sequences, new weapons, more polished combat, new missions, ability to train your Assassins DLC, then I don't know what to tell you.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Really? Ubisoft is lazier than Activision. AC: Brotherhood was DLC to II. Thats it. I cant believe they charged $60 for a different city and a weak, weak storyline.

Iono how far you made it into the game, but if you call a GINORMOUS city, 9 extra sequences, new weapons, more polished combat, new missions, ability to train your Assassins DLC, then I don't know what to tell you.
i know what he means, companies pumping out sequels like no tomorrow
eyes.gif
with minor upgrade in graphics and add-on in weapons ..makes the game feel like DLC ...

i swear if psn is hit again and is down like this again im getting a xbox
30t6p3b.gif

they fuccin everything up for everybody dude. i just want to use my $600 machine

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I am one chapter from beating the game. Online was terrible IMO. New weapons? Other than the parachute and the crossbow, its just different paint on the same old stuff. New missions? Same re-hashing of every mission in AC: II with different plot points. Leveling up Assassins did NOTHING other than make you money extremely slowly and waste your time having to send them out on useless quests to get you items you never use. Arrow storm was the only good thing to come of that.
What in the hell is the point of upgrading Rome? The really could have ran with that, but it was basically useless. Hell, the monuments didnt even change when you bought them. "I just spent $50,000 to renovate the Coliseum! Nothing changed about it and I get an extra $50 every 20 minutes! EXCELSIOR!"

Best part of the game was the Da Vinci missions (which could easily have been DLC for AC II),  and the first DLC. Both were great.

Im not trying to hate on the series, as Assassins Creed II was one of my favorite games this generation. It disgusts me to see a company rush a sub-par product to retail so they could get some online play in.

I don't even have words for this situation anymore

No gif as ever expressed how I have felt as much as this one right now.

Yo man these hackers are lame as hell. Why would you punish people trying to play their games online? Why would they even mess around like that with so much valuable information at risk? Morons.

RKO2004 wrote:
Yo man these hackers are lame as hell. Why would you punish people trying to play their games online? Why would they even mess around like that with so much valuable information at risk? Morons.

It's not that they wanted PSN users to suffer... They did it to prove a point to Sony for going at the kid that hacked the PS3. They felt like Sony was wrong for it, so they attacked. Sony pulled the plug on PSN and their music service as a responsible security precaution. The hackers didnt pull the plug on PSN. It was a necessary precaution.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

RKO2004 wrote:

It's not that they wanted PSN users to suffer... They did it to prove a point to Sony for going at the kid that hacked the PS3. They felt like Sony was wrong for it, so they attacked. Sony pulled the plug on PSN and their music service as a responsible security precaution. The hackers didnt pull the plug on PSN. It was a necessary precaution.
The hackers essentially punishing people who want to play games though. Little man shouldn't have been spouting off for E-Praise. Not saying Sony should have went all out but in a way, I'd be pissed if someone was trying to exploit my business for props. 

Back
Top Bottom