PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by ed2trey

i'll copp when the price drops, i rarely pay full price for ps3 games anymore

because the prices drop pretty quick, i don't mind waiting a few months especially

with the huge backlog of games i already have
This.

Unless its a CE that wont be around for long

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

who coppin la noire?

Apparently I have 35.00 worth of amazon credits so I just copped it for 24.98 with the 15$ credit
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by Grimey

what type of game is la noire?

gta style 

Eh, it has a similar map interface to GTAIV and RDR but I think that's where the similarities end.

LA Noire looks to be a much slower paced game compared to those two.

LA Noire is more about finding and analyzing clues to solve cases rather than a shoot em up create chaos game  like GTAIV.

Those getting LA Noire expecting it to be GTA with cops will be dissapointed imo. 

My PS3 Slim 120GB wont turn on. It just blinks red and doesnt turn on. Is it RIP? 

If this was the fat PS3 I would say that this is a precursor to YLOD, with the Slim I honestly don't know.

Might have to contact Sony customer service about this one.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

gta style 

Eh, it has a similar map interface to GTAIV and RDR but I think that's where the similarities end.

LA Noire looks to be a much slower paced game compared to those two.

LA Noire is more about finding and analyzing clues to solve cases rather than a shoot em up create chaos game  like GTAIV.

Those getting LA Noire expecting it to be GTA with cops will be dissapointed imo.

No any sites with the game reviews

^ Game sites probably won't have reviews for LA Noire  until Monday at the earliest.

I usually check for IGN, Gamespot and Gametrailers reviews.

You will need to be patient when you play L.A. Noire. You're a detective, not a soldier; a crime-solver, not a crime-committer.
There will be action in the Rockstar/Team Bondi game that finally comes out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next week. Here is the game's official launch trailer, filled with gunplay.

We'll have plenty more L.A. Noire coverage next week, but remember, everyone, this is a game about finding clues, noticing suspects' nervous facial tics and following the right leads. You will be able to shoot and be shot at, but when all is said and done, in L.A. Noire, the notebook is mightier than the gun.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

You will need to be patient when you play L.A. Noire. You're a detective, not a soldier; a crime-solver, not a crime-committer.
There will be action in the Rockstar/Team Bondi game that finally comes out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next week. Here is the game's official launch trailer, filled with gunplay.

We'll have plenty more L.A. Noire coverage next week, but remember, everyone, this is a game about finding clues, noticing suspects' nervous facial tics and following the right leads. You will be able to shoot and be shot at, but when all is said and done, in L.A. Noire, the notebook is mightier than the gun.

Pretty much what I was alluding to.

Like I said before, just because it's a Rockstar game don't expect it to be GTA-esque

Thanks for posting this Hybrid.

if anyone here wants their hands on a copy of la noire early, my local mom n pop store said they should be getting it in today or tomorrow

its located in queens, ny

if u want their number, pm me

I want the full pic of your avy!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Pretty much what I was alluding to.

Like I said before, just because it's a Rockstar game don't expect it to be GTA-esque

Thanks for posting this Hybrid.

Yeah I basically said the same thing in the LA Noire thread.

Go into playing this game without thinking it's not like a GTA or RDR game. The game has elements of those games with free roam, side quests, and the fighting, driving, and shooting systems are similiar to what's in GTA IV & RDR. The main story in the game though is more linear and is sort of like Heavy Rain but without the crazy QTE button system.

Originally Posted by NCTwin

if anyone here wants their hands on a copy of la noire early, my local mom n pop store said they should be getting it in today or tomorrow

its located in queens, ny

if u want their number, pm me

I want the full pic of your avy!!
laugh.gif

just google pic lavish styles

^So once the dev network has been tested and is good to go, they'll start activating the online servers?

Originally Posted by 2sappy

^So once the dev network has been tested and is good to go, they'll start activating the online servers?

looks like it, Sony has a selected a bunch people from Asia (Japan) Europe and the Untied States to test out the network. hopefully it will come back up Friday or Saturday

[h1]Sony: Select group testing PSN in US, EU and Japan[/h1]
Ql3oD.jpg

It seems like PSN might be up very soon. The official PlaystationNL Twitter account just posted this new information that is sure to please PS3 fans. According to them, PSN is being tested by select individuals across Europe, US and Japan.

A rough translation produces this:
@snickel86 at this moment a select group is testing the network . Territories= Japan (Asia), Europe & America.

This means, Sony is just making sure that everything is in order and would soon begin carrying out resumption of service across all its territories.

We’ll send Sony an email and see if they will offer us an comment.

The Playstation Network was hacked last month and Sony has since taken it offline to ensure the safety and security of its users. They’ve also confirmed that the intruders had managed to steal their database containing the personal details of the 77 million odd PSN account holders.

Looks like the Brink owners won’t have to stay offline for much longer.

Via Joystiq.com

April NPD: Mortal Kombat wins for Outworld, Xbox is top console again
mk512.jpg

The Mortal Kombat reboot rose up against franchise fatigue, an incapacitated PSN, and space-time-tunneling competition to claim the top spot on the NPD's April sales charts. Turns out there's a big audience out there for seeing inside some dude's body as his bones are breaking. Oh, and for accessible, fast-paced fighting games. (But mostly the X-ray bone breaks.)

According to the NPD, Mortal Kombat sold just under 900K copies. Portal 2, of course, came in at No. 2.

Likely as a result of these two games, total US spending was up 20 percent year-over year, from $802.4 million in 2010 to $961.2 million in 2011. Microsoft can also claim some responsibility for the high numbers -- it informed us that the Xbox 360 was the top-selling console last month, moving 297,000 units (a year-over-year increase of 60 percent).

Top 10 best-selling games (US) for April 2011:
Mortal Kombat -- PS3, 360 -- 1 -- Warner Bros.
Portal 2 -- 360, PS3, PC -- 2 -- Electronic Arts (Valve)
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars -- WII, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSP, PC -- 3 -- LucasArts
Call of Duty: Black Ops -- 360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC -- 4 -- Activision
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters -- 360, PS3, Wii -- 5 -- Electronic Arts
Crysis 2 -- 360, PS3, PC -- 6 -- Electronic Arts
Just Dance 2 -- Wii -- 7 -- Ubisoft
Michael Jackson The Experience -- 360, Wii, PS3, NDS, PSP -- 8 -- Ubisoft
Pokemon White Version -- NDS -- 9 -- Nintendo
NBA 2K11 -- 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, PSP, PC -- 10 -- Take 2 Interactive

Via Joystiq.com

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection to bring the original trilogy to XBLA and PSN
gammortalkombat2sub530.jpg

Has the rich, all-encompassing story mode of Netherrealm Studios' reboot of the Mortal Kombat franchise filled you with an unquenchable thirst for more of the universe's gore-lore? We suggest going back to the franchise's roots -- an act which will be made much easier in late summer, when Warner Bros. Interactive launches the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection on XBLA, PSN and PC for 800 Microsoft Points ($10).

The compilation promises to include "arcade-perfect" ports of the series' original trilogy: Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, each of which will be infused with online multiplayer and leaderboards. As an added promotion, the company is licensing an official Mortal Kombat Klassic Fight Stick with PDP, a $129.99 peripheral with a retro Mortal Kombat button layout (similar to PDP's recent Tournament Edition stick) which includes a download voucher for the upcoming Kollection. The Fight Stick is available to pre-order now, but the Kollection itself is not. Because you don't have to pre-order downloadable games, you silly goose.

Via Joystiq.com

Report: UK retailers say PS3 trade-ins doubling due to PSN outage
cb594401001720100820-jq7g3_530x298.jpg

We're approaching the one-month anniversary of the PlayStation Network's deactivation due to that pesky security breach, and according to a report from Edge the downtime's starting to have an effect at UK games retailers. The report cites a number of anonymous game shop clerks, all of whom paint a fairly similar picture of the response to the outage: PlayStation 3 trade-ins have doubled in their respective stores in the past few weeks, with most shoppers exchanging their consoles for Xbox 360s or cash.

That may sound like a fairly inflammatory report, but the reasoning is sound: Almost all the retailers say these shoppers are hardcore FPS players, and are acquiring Xbox 360s to get back in their Call of Duty: Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 routines. Furthermore, all of the retailers report an increased trade-in rate for the PS3 version of Black Ops. Trading in your gaming console sounds like a pretty drastic way to keep playing a game you love -- then again, we're no strangers to the siren call of the Killstreak.

Back
Top Bottom