PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by concordxl

anybody still play rainbow six vegas 2? i know its old but i still play and its always people online

I still play from time to time for nostalgia purposes 
I prefer Rainbow Six to CoD. More skill is required

Is this worth copping:
724_1_large.jpg

Because I have a best buy coupon which takes off $15 bucks which expires on 5/21. I'm asking because I never played the Tomb Raider games even back on the PS2 days.

I think someone mentioned here the trilogy is good for trophy hunting and is easy to get platinum for all 3 games.

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I know a couple of yall wanted to copp the Sharpshooter, now its on sale at Amazon for 31.99

http://www.amazon.com/Pla...F8&qid=1305749111&sr=8-1

I may copp for just *$$$$ and giggles.
Last thing I need is another peripheral in my house. Girl would come through like, "this @+$@% still playing with nerf guns"? 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 man i had a girl come over and she stopped and said what is that?...looking @ my marvel vs capcom 2 fight stick 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I know a couple of yall wanted to copp the Sharpshooter, now its on sale at Amazon for 31.99

http://www.amazon.com/Pla...F8&qid=1305749111&sr=8-1

I may copp for just *$$$$ and giggles.
Last thing I need is another peripheral in my house. Girl would come through like, "this @+$@% still playing with nerf guns"? 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 man i had a girl come over and she stopped and said what is that?...looking @ my marvel vs capcom 2 fight stick 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
^
roll.gif
Already copped mine. They definitely tried hard to make it look like a toy. And you've got guys that have been trying to make it look more manly... like so
eek.gif
pimp.gif
:

Sharp-Shooter.jpg

I'm so tempted to paint mine as well (arctic or desert camo), but I'm not sure it would work out that nice. Still trying to find a strap for it so it's less tiring to use. And a red dot sight to help with calibration.

Still haven't played with it on SOCOM 4 Online Multiplayer yet (tried it out with a controller first; 3rd-person multiplayer aiming is quite difficult.
ohwell.gif
Maybe that'll change when I use the Sharpshooter. ). Having way too much fun on Black Ops these days. Now I hate Second Chancers.
laugh.gif

Still on the fence whether or not to cop Resistance 3 when it comes out. Was a fan of Resistance: Fall of Man... haven't played Resistance 2. It does have SharpShooter support, though.

This looks like it'll take longer for the other dudes to get back on PSN. Another article sheds some light on what Engadget posted.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]PlayStation Network hit by new security problem[/h1][h2]Sony’s efforts to restore the PlayStation Network following a huge data theft have stalled after users spotted a new security problem that could allow criminals to take control of accounts.[/h2]

PS3_1711362c.jpg

Sony's PlayStation 3 

By Christopher Williams, Technology Correspondent4:50PM BST 18 May 2011
7 Comments

The Japanese giant had been asking tens of millions of users worldwide to change their online gaming passwords after its systems were breached by hackers last month.

But it was forced to shut down the process overnight after it was shown that anyone could change a password using only a user’s email address and date of birth. Both pieces of personal data were stolen in April's security breach.

According to Nyleveia, a videogames blog that was first to report the new problem, Sony’s reset process was not properly verifying Authentication Tokens, the small files used to establish a secure connection between consoles and the PlayStation Network.

The blog said it contacted Sony, which shut down the password reset process around 15 minutes later.

A Sony spokesman confirmed the reason behind the outage and said engineers are working to patch the vulnerability.

[h2]Related Articles[/h2]

PlayStation 3 owners who have already changed their password are able to play games online, but those who have not will have to wait until the latest problem is resolved.

They are currently greeted with a message saying “this is due to essential maintenance and at present it is unclear how long this will take

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

This looks like it'll take longer for the other dudes to get back on PSN. Another article sheds some light on what Engadget posted.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]PlayStation Network hit by new security problem[/h1][h2]Sony’s efforts to restore the PlayStation Network following a huge data theft have stalled after users spotted a new security problem that could allow criminals to take control of accounts.[/h2]

PS3_1711362c.jpg

Sony's PlayStation 3 

By Christopher Williams, Technology Correspondent4:50PM BST 18 May 2011
7 Comments

The Japanese giant had been asking tens of millions of users worldwide to change their online gaming passwords after its systems were breached by hackers last month.

But it was forced to shut down the process overnight after it was shown that anyone could change a password using only a user’s email address and date of birth. Both pieces of personal data were stolen in April's security breach.

According to Nyleveia, a videogames blog that was first to report the new problem, Sony’s reset process was not properly verifying Authentication Tokens, the small files used to establish a secure connection between consoles and the PlayStation Network.

The blog said it contacted Sony, which shut down the password reset process around 15 minutes later.

A Sony spokesman confirmed the reason behind the outage and said engineers are working to patch the vulnerability.

[h2]Related Articles[/h2]

PlayStation 3 owners who have already changed their password are able to play games online, but those who have not will have to wait until the latest problem is resolved.

They are currently greeted with a message saying “this is due to essential maintenance and at present it is unclear how long this will take

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by concordxl

anybody still play rainbow six vegas 2? i know its old but i still play and its always people online

I still play from time to time for nostalgia purposes 
I prefer Rainbow Six to CoD. More skill is required

yeah i never really got into CoD after playing this. Terrorist hunt is the @$% online

Man, SOCOM 4's online multiplayer is a camper's paradise. I really hate the third-person view; makes aiming very difficult, especially while in motion. Hard to get around. Quite frustrating. Very, very different to COD.
30t6p3b.gif

zk1MPLS,

Is this your first online experience with the SOCOM franchise? Campers have always been present but with good communication (which SOCOM is dependent on if you want to win), you can still win.

Originally Posted by Furrell

zk1MPLS,

Is this your first online experience with the SOCOM franchise? Campers have always been present but with good communication (which SOCOM is dependent on if you want to win), you can still win.

Yeah, it's my first time playing the SOCOM franchise. Just got the game for practically free with the Full Deployment bundle. Only bought the bundle because it's cheaper to buy it rather than purchasing everything separately. The size of the maps are quite overwhelming. Very expansive. Quite a challenge to get around the map without getting pinned down by a ton of gunfire. And I'm fond of rushing opponents.
laugh.gif
The thing that is really affecting me is the 3rd-person view. Something i'm hardly used to.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
^
roll.gif
Already copped mine. They definitely tried hard to make it look like a toy. And you've got guys that have been trying to make it look more manly... like so
eek.gif
pimp.gif
:

Sharp-Shooter.jpg

I'm so tempted to paint mine as well (arctic or desert camo), but I'm not sure it would work out that nice. Still trying to find a strap for it so it's less tiring to use. And a red dot sight to help with calibration.

Still haven't played with it on SOCOM 4 Online Multiplayer yet (tried it out with a controller first; 3rd-person multiplayer aiming is quite difficult.
ohwell.gif
Maybe that'll change when I use the Sharpshooter. ). Having way too much fun on Black Ops these days. Now I hate Second Chancers.
laugh.gif

Still on the fence whether or not to cop Resistance 3 when it comes out. Was a fan of Resistance: Fall of Man... haven't played Resistance 2. It does have SharpShooter support, though.
can that bad boy be used with CoD?? if so copping today!

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

BAAACCCCKKKKK
Two wins and around 50 beer later. 
pimp.gif

Is Sony giving us free crap or what?

you can pick 2 from these 
•Dead Nation
•inFAMOUS
•LittleBigPlanet
•Super Stardust HD
•Wipeout HD + Fury
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]+55 days of ps+ if you had plus already you get 60 days 
[/font]

hai

From playstationlifestyle.net
[h1]PlayStation Store Aiming To Return Next Tuesday[/h1]

05/19/2011 Written by Sebastian Moss

superstorereturns.jpg

As one of the largest digital distribution platforms in the world, the PlayStation Store allows millions of users to download thousands of games, items and DLC, as well as movies and TV shows. Unfortunately, due to the network’s recent hack, the store has been inaccessible for the past few weeks, something that may be set to change on May 24th.

If you have a PlayStation Network account, odds are you’ve downloaded at least one item from the PlayStation Store, with many gamers eager to download the games that were supposed to have been released over the past few weeks, as well as from the Store’s bountiful back-catalogue. According to a memo apparently sent to PSN publishers and reported by Gamasutra, the store is readying for a return next Tuesday.

Content Manager Jack Osorno wrote to the developers, thanking them for their patience:
We thank you for your patience as we work to resume service of the PlayStation Store

On the 24th, content that was originally scheduled to publish on April 26th will be released, then, three days later (27th), content which was originally scheduled for May 3rd will be released. The next week, content will be released on Tuesday, May 31st and and Friday, June 3rd, with content that was initially planned to be spread over three weeks. If all goes to plan, the Store will then be up-to-date, and return to normal service.

Developers and publishers can ask for their release dates to be changed, which Sony will then evaluate:
If there are concerns, we are willing to consider adjusting the release date of your content on this schedule. Adjustments will be made on a case by case basis.

Osorno did not specify any plans to assist developers monetarily or through advertising, despite calls from some developers – including Q-Games’ Dylan Cuthbert – to compensate those affected.

Presumably, the 24th will also see the release of the “Welcome Back

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

BAAACCCCKKKKK
Two wins and around 50 beer later. 
pimp.gif

Is Sony giving us free crap or what?

you can pick 2 from these 
•Dead Nation
•inFAMOUS
•LittleBigPlanet
•Super Stardust HD
•Wipeout HD + Fury
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]+55 days of ps+ if you had plus already you get 60 days 
[/font]

Woooww. Not too shabby. Probably scoop Dead Nation and LBP for trophies.
Obviously we'll have to wait for PS Store to be back up I am assuming?

Has anybody's FAT PS3 acted up since the new firmware? There are reports of overheating/system failure since the new update. Just redboxed LA Noire and I'm kinda scared, since I know I'll bust an all nighter if I get hooked on it today.

As if things couldn't get worse:
[h1]Rockstar Games and Sony Joint Statement on L.A. Noire[/h1]
+ Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We have received a very small number of customer support questions about PS3s overheating or shutting down while playing L.A. Noire. At this time, Rockstar Games and Sony can confirm that neither L.A. Noire or firmware update 3.61 are causing the PS3 hardware to overheat. We are both committed to working hard to find solutions to this and any issues that may arise. If you are experiencing any issues with L.A. Noire or your PS3 hardware, please contact technical support using any of the means provided below:

Rockstar Support: www.rockstargames.com/support
Rockstar Support on Twitter: twitter.com/RockstarSupport

PlayStation 3 Support: http://us.playstation.com/support/

http://us.playstation.com/support/
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom