Pyramid schemes the new hustle?

Every company is set up like a pyramid but every job doesn't work like a pyramid scheme.  And I work in a museum in Egypt. I'm a King Tut impersonator. 

Exactly as you say, most business' are built like a pyramid. You are correct in that OP did refer to the topic as a "scheme"

You literally and figuratively work in a pyramid.

Ducktales

Nice try.  The majority of jobs aren't based on who you can recruit and how much you can sell.  A pyramid will accept anybody into the company.  Name a job like that other than a scheme? Food for thought

Look, don't diss me. Where do you work?

I'm not trying to rustle your Jimmy fam.

Every company is set up like a pyramid but every job doesn't work like a pyramid scheme.  And I work in a museum in Egypt. I'm a King Tut impersonator. 

legit made me laugh out loud :rofl:

most jobs are set up like a pyramid but they are not a scheme. ya dig/??

By the same token you mind as well say employees are modern day slaves.

yea MCA and organo gold is all I see around here......bunch of dudes who never had **** all of a sudden wanna help me get money.....lmaoooooo OK

Some chick from HS tried to get me in one.  I pretended I was interested to get closer to her.  2 weeks later I was destroying her insides like Taco Bell. 

That MCA joint is all over my FB and IG feed. Then the other day some1 was telling me about this coffee joint. Homie had a trunk full of coffee lol trying to convince me to join him.

But let's say it does work for you. How do u go about paying taxes ? Depositing all that money into your bank account would come across as being suspicious. 1 day u broke next month you got well over 20k wouldn't you get audited ?

Nice try.  The majority of jobs aren't based on who you can recruit and how much you can sell.  A pyramid will accept anybody into the company.  Name a job like that other than a scheme? Food for thought

ANY sales job is 100% who you can recruit and how much you can sell.

Is that the majority of jobs? Nope just those kind of jobs

Don't ask me for no facts or figures but I imagine its close to the majority of corporate jobs.

You're missing the point, pyramid schemes aren't any different than sales unless you're outright misrepresenting your product. (which most pyramids don't do, they simply take advantage of the consumer, which is commonplace in any market)

Is that the majority of jobs? Nope just those kind of jobs
Don't ask me for no facts or figures but I imagine its close to the majority of corporate jobs.

You're missing the point, pyramid schemes aren't any different than sales unless you're outright misrepresenting your product. (which most pyramids don't do, they simply take advantage of the consumer, which is commonplace in any market)
You think the majority of corporate jobs are sales?
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Dawg, you are so far from the truth.  A pyramid scheme's only job is to make the person higher richer by excepting ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY. A pyramid scheme has almost everybody other than the top dawg doing sales.

So many jobs in this world have nothing to do with sales.  People with actual skills acquired through schooling or work experience have nothing to do with this world.  I'm sorry but you just aren't right.  Pig love said the MAJORITY of jobs.  The majority of jobs aren't sales oriented.

so the majority of jobs arent sales? yea when you have someone who moves furniture or cuts grass, theres not too much sales involved.. but every company is out there selling their product or services, competing with other corporations to gain business... so yea theres sales in just about every field.

so the majority of jobs arent sales? yea when you have someone who moves furniture or cuts grass, theres not too much sales involved.. but every company is out there selling their product or services, competing with other corporations to gain business... so yea theres sales in just about every field.

:lol:

businesses provide a service or product to its consumers. the vast majority of people working in Business X are helping to DEVELOP these products and services. a very small percentage are salespeople.

i'm not sure what the point of people likening pyramid schemes to "normal people" jobs, but these people are usually the ones involved in pyramid schemes themselves or are "self-made entrepreneurs." :lol:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
stay in school young man

You think the majority of corporate jobs are sales? :lol: :smh:

Dawg, you are so far from the truth.  A pyramid scheme's only job is to make the person higher richer by excepting ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY. A pyramid scheme has almost everybody other than the top dawg doing sales.

So many jobs in this world have nothing to do with sales.  People with actual skills acquired through schooling or work experience have nothing to do with this world.  I'm sorry but you just aren't right.  Pig love said the MAJORITY of jobs.  The majority of jobs aren't sales oriented.

The hell are you talking about? I don't care what Pig Love said, I said that any sales job is 100% who you can recruit and how much you can sell, a trait you attributed to pyramid schemes.

And sales positions are one of, if not the most common position in the corporate world, but once again you're moving away from the point.

If you think what goes on in a pyramid scheme isn't similar to what's going on in the sales division, then you're wrong.

A salesman's only objective is to generate revenue for the business. The guy at the top of a pyramid scheme operates as a sole proprietor, HE IS THE BUSINESS.

Last edited:
I did that Vector crap a few years back... In retrospect, I can only laugh at myself for trying it out. :lol: :smh:

friend did it too, she supposed to have people all geeked because she could cut a penny in half with a scissors.

Everyone I know that has done mlm made a nice chunk of change but fell off after they exhausted their immediate connections with friends/family. Good way to make a quick buck a guess.

You think the majority of corporate jobs are sales?
laugh.gif
mean.gif

The hell are you talking about? I don't care what Pig Love said, I said that any sales job is 100% who you can recruit and how much you can sell, a trait you attributed to pyramid schemes.

And sales positions are one of, if not the most common position in the corporate world, but once again you're moving away from the point.

If you think what goes on in a pyramid scheme isn't similar to what's going on in the sales division, then you're wrong.

A salesman's only objective is to generate revenue for the business. The guy at the top of a pyramid scheme operates as a sole proprietor, HE IS THE BUSINESS.
We on 2 different pages.  I responded to Pig love and then you responded to me.  So I assumed you agreed with him.  I never said SALES jobs weren't similar to Pyramid schemes.  I said most jobs out there aren't similar to pyramid schemes because there's more types of jobs.

:lol:

businesses provide a service or product to its consumers. the vast majority of people working in Business X are helping to DEVELOP these products and services. a very small percentage are salespeople.

i'm not sure what the point of people likening pyramid schemes to "normal people" jobs, but these people are usually the ones involved in pyramid schemes themselves or are "self-made entrepreneurs." :lol:

yo whats so funny? 

yea they provide a service and product that they have to sell to the consumer. health insurance and life insurance is sold to you, cabinets that are made by someone are sold to you, the fruits in a stand are sold to you.. how that product is promoted is what gets the sale through and keeps the business running.. im not talking about the china man making the shoe but the man who sells that shoe 

your sn matches your post.

We on 2 different pages.  I responded to Pig love and then you responded to me.  So I assumed you agreed with him.  I never said SALES jobs weren't similar to Pyramid schemes.  I said most jobs out there aren't similar to pyramid schemes because there's more types of jobs.

Right on

But you did say this......

You are wrong with this quote young man

I'm not so sure, maybe I shouldn't have said majority, but I would feel pretty comfortable betting that sales positions are the most common position in corporate America on a job by job basis. Would you disagree with that? What positions would you say are more common?

Right on
But you did say this......

You are wrong with this quote young man
I'm not so sure, maybe I shouldn't have said majority, but I would feel pretty comfortable betting that sales positions are the most common position in corporate America on a job by job basis. Would you disagree with that? What positions would you say are more common?
A company has human resources, recruitment, accountanting, marketing, different levels of management, security/asset protection, etc.  sales is the bottom. Its the easiest job to get but there are plenty of other jobs that have nothing to do with sales.

A company has human resources, recruitment, accountanting, marketing, different levels of management, security/asset protection, etc.  sales is the bottom. Its the easiest job to get but there are plenty of other jobs that have nothing to do with sales.

Obviously the are other jobs, I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that there's a good chance that more people work in sales than any other individual department.

If 15% of corporate America works in sales, and the next largest department by percentage is is marketing at 10%, then sales would still be the most commonly held position.

Again my initial point was that sales make up a large portion of corporate jobs but saying that sales is the most attainable position only affirms my presumption.

Last edited:
Obviously the are other jobs, I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that there's a good chance that more people work in sales than any other individual department.

If 15% of corporate America works in sales, and the next largest department by percentage is is marketing at 10%, then sales would still be the most commonly held position.

Again my initial point was that sales make up a large portion of corporate jobs but saying that sales is the most attainable position only affirms my presumption.
But plenty of companys don't sell anything and those employed have corporate jobs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom