Pyramid schemes the new hustle?

I had a long post about my experience in a MLM company in a different thread, but I'll try to sum it up:

A lot of people exaggerate earnings, make false claims about products and purposely leave out important details in understanding the business model when trying to recruit others, which really gives overall industry a bad rep.

However, the concept is really simple. Think of it as a commission-only job with bonuses. Similar to a real estate broker - agent relationship with your teammates (aka downline) as your "agents". You should be responsible for training and developing them (which should justify your income. Federal law ensures that your downline has the ability to earn more $ than you).

With that said, I know some ridiculously ballin mofos out there that have made it big in Network marketing. I'm talking about residual $40K checks a month.

And the complimentary Tax write-offs are amazing.

I am seriously considering getting into Amway. I went to a meeting not too long ago and was introduced to a bunch of people who are in their 20s supposedly making 6 figures. Only thing is, I gotta put down $160, which I'm wondering whether or not it's worth it...

I am seriously considering getting into Amway. I went to a meeting not too long ago and was introduced to a bunch of people who are in their 20s supposedly making 6 figures. Only thing is, I gotta put down $160, which I'm wondering whether or not it's worth it...

:rofl:

dont fall for that shh, maaaaaan.

Last edited:
Yeah this guy approached me many years ago about some computer software company.  Something along the line as Microauto, Cybersoft, I always wondered what happened with that guy.  *ROLLSEYES* Don't be confused plenty of people have made money helping other people in MLM, and many people have lost money in them as well.  Amway is certainly not a "pyramid scheme" or else it wouldn't have been around for this many years.  If it doesn't interest you as it doesn't interest me is one thing, but to throw it under the bus because it isn't for you doesn't make it a "pyramid scheme".  Actually the guy who said Engineering FTW, you actually are in a "pyramid scheme" last time I checked you work for your boss and you can never out earn him now can you.

Might want to get your facts straight before claiming something is a "pyramid scheme".

U can make money, but can't see it as something long term unless u that great at sales and so are the people under u.

I was talking to freaky too.  I think we are on the same page but you have to realize there are more non sales jobs than sales jobs in the corporate world.   We good?
That is an accurate statement. I never implied that there were more sales jobs than non sales jobs.

Idk if we're even reading the same book.
Yes you did  right here below
Is that the majority of jobs? Nope just those kind of jobs
Don't ask me for no facts or figures but I imagine its close to the majority of corporate jobs.

You're missing the point, pyramid schemes aren't any different than sales unless you're outright misrepresenting your product. (which most pyramids don't do, they simply take advantage of the consumer, which is commonplace in any market)
Sales are not the majority of corporate jobs.  Thats just not true. 

Pyramid schemes =/= Corporations. Theres a difference between a hierarchy and a pyramid scheme. 

A LOT of people are joining #TeamNoSleep in the NYC. Good to know that its really Dream Ventures but under a different title. Makes me angry when my "friends" try to get my to join these things.

New hustle? :lol: Bro, these been around since I was in college and that was a while back. I remember walking the St. John's campus and seeing flyers for a job selling Knives for $18 an hour. For a broke college dude, that's EXACTLY what you wanted to hear. Call this joint up (CutCo) only to find out that you gotta purchase your knives to sell. :lol: Yea...no thanks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I remember in highschool they got all my friends to join(cutco) only to have spent $400+ on their own knives to sell and ended up spending more than making moneyyy

Pyramid schemes =/= Corporations. Theres a difference between a hierarchy and a pyramid scheme. 

My man, I clarified a long time ago that majority was in accurate choice of words, I made it beyound clear that I meant plurality, or most common.

You've still yet to refute that claim, you're still missing the point, and to be honest I don't even think you're comprehending very well.

My man, I clarified a long time ago that majority was in accurate choice of words, I made it beyound clear that I meant plurality, or most common.

You've still yet to refute that claim, you're still missing the point, and to be honest I don't even think you're comprehending very well.
I dont think anybody can comprehend that first line homie.  You aren't expressing yourself clearly at all.

im in on the herbalife thing...... slightly feel like I got hustled on the business side of things. At least the products work

I don't condone screwing over the family and friends close to you in order to make money by convincing them to join and spend their money on stuff they don't need.

These "companies" prey on the naive and take advantage of folks' misperceptions.

There are many ways to make six figures, taking disadvantaged or impoverished people on a ride for their funds is not one I choose to do.

I see those clowns selling lies to people with families and illnesses that dream of getting rich quick.

You have a better chance of taking that $400 and playing the tables.

Back
Top Bottom