Q-Tip - The Renaissance Appreciation

I remember banging album this my freshman year of college, it doesn't even seem like it came out 5 years ago. So many adjectives to describe this album: smooth, groovy, chill....

I also discovered Kamaal/The Abstract that year too, it was shelved at the time (2002-2008), but released in 2009.

^^^ Remix with Ye & Consequence was :pimp:

This album was extra smooth.

I first started rocking with Wiz after I heard him freestyling over "Gettin' Up" on Burn After Rolling

Came out of nowhere and was really great. One of the best albums in the last decade.

Kinda funny, I was listening to this album when I hit shuffle on my iPod. It was playing non stop when I got it. :smokin

dope album.

crazy, before i had it i 2nd guessed how good it would be. a fool i was. wont happen with another tip album tho.

one of the few HIP-HOP albums you can listen to with a chick in the car and she wouldnt complain...

Amazing album front to back. This is easily his best solo album to date.

So smooth :nthat:

Last edited:
In da heat of da cipha/ I was not liable

Yea saadiq laces that we fight hook , anyone remember 'get involved?' Smooth track

I'm a huge Tribe and Q-Tip fan but I had my doubts about this album, so I was incredibly happy when he proved me wrong. Best way to describe this album is just super smooth, loved it 5 years ago and I love it now. Definitely my favorite album of that year and one of my favorites from that whole decade.

This remix from the album was one of my favorite songs of that year. The use of The Jackson's This Place Hotel is so :smokin. Q- Tip & this album definitely appreciated.

Last edited:
This remix from the album was one of my favorite songs of that year. The use of The Jackson's This Place Hotel is so :smokin. Q- Tip & this album definitely appreciated.

Yeah, I mentioned that joint in the OP. Cons killed his verse

"She hatin on the kid that's plain to see/I got her punchin' at the screen like she playin' the Wii"

This album is amazing. Very appreciated. I listen to it regularly to this day.

Last edited:
Don't know how I never knew about/checked for this (I'll blame it on my age lol)

Going to listen tomorrow.

Last edited:
Q-Tip - Damn You're Cool & Poetry (RH Factor ft. Erykah Badu)

Some other stuff from The Abstract some of you may not know of... Kamaal/The Abstract was originally set for release in 2001 but got shelved until 2009... Damn was a stand out track to me because of the groove. The second track came off an album from Roy Hargrove's band RH Factor... Tip just has an ill smooth flow...

current busta and tip on a tape?

seems like their styles would clash...

I also discovered Kamaal/The Abstract that year too, it was shelved at the time (2002-2008), but released in 2009.

I remember there was a promo of "Do You Dig You" floating around in 2001 or so and I rocked that song to death.

Last edited:
Busta Rhymes & Q-Tip - Thank You (Ft. lil wayne & Kanye West)

Decent use of the Alicia Myers classic which is posted below too...

Thought Q Tip sounded good.

Kept waiting for the beat to kick in for real and never happened. Wasn't feeling them just using the OG for the hook too.

and "Featuring Lil Wayne and Kanye West" my ***

I automatically dismissed the album figuring it wouldn't be worth the listen but the positive posts got me reconsidering. I'm gonna check it out.

And I'm really feeling "Thank You". Caught me by surprise...

Back
Top Bottom