QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

All thanks to Robert Gronkowski, who turns system QB Fitzgerald's of the world into elite decision makers. Thank you, based Rob. 
smokin.gif

If you can still find ways to discredit Wilson after the last month he's had you're trying too hard. Just give dude his credit man.
I specifically stated that Russell Wilson is playing a Hall of Fame level QB right now, and yet somehow people claim that I am hating or downplaying what he is doing?  What logical sense does that make?

All I said was that he is not CARRYING the team right now.  Whether you want to dismiss what I am saying is your prerogative, but I don't understand how anyone can say that _______ offensive player is carrying the team when said team's defense has given up 26 total points in the last 3 games, regardless if it is Wilson, Montana or Jamarcus Russell.

Sorry, but no matter how bad you want to tell me I am wrong, that is equal parts offense and defense.  That is NOT one player carrying the team, regardless of how high of a level Wilson is playing at.

Last edited:
I specifically stated that Russell Wilson is playing a Hall of Fame level QB right now, and yet somehow people claim that I am hating or downplaying what he is doing?  What logical sense does that make?

All I said was that he is not CARRYING the team right now.  Whether you want to dismiss what I am saying is your prerogative, but I don't understand how anyone can say that _______ offensive player is carrying the team when said team's defense has given up 26 total points in the last 3 games, regardless if it is Wilson, Montana or Jamarcus Russell.

Sorry, but no matter how bad you want to tell me I am wrong, that is equal parts offense and defense.  That is NOT one player carrying the team, regardless of how high of a level Wilson is playing at.

Nobody said anything about what you're talking about, nor do I disagree. All I mean is it seems like guys are still finding ways to take something away from him after what he's been doing lately.

R-E-L-A-X

Nobody said anything about what you're talking about, nor do I disagree. All I mean is it seems like guys are still finding ways to take something away from him after what he's been doing lately.

R-E-L-A-X
What are you talking about?  Nobody said anything?  I made a post that Russell is NOT carrying the Seahawks and the next 5 posts, including yours, accused me of hating him, discrediting him, or crossed out my entire post.  So yes, a lot more than nobody was disagreeing with me.  No one is taking anything away from what he is doing lately.  I posted he was playing at a Hall of Fame level, so I dont know where you get the idea that I am not giving him his due.  If you were not talking about me, which I don't believe is the case, could you show me other posts of people "taking away from what he is doing lately?"  Because I haven't found a single post that does that.

Russ converting 3rd downs -> keep defense off the field -> less PPG given up by defense. it's not mutually exclusive.

CWyl5FPUkAAJTIe.jpg

Adrien Serre
4h4 hours ago
Adrien Serre ‏@Rabbit_IYH
@FO_ScottKacsmar @IanKenyonNFL So who'd be on your MVP ballot if you had one? Carson one, Brady two, ...?
Scott Kacsmar
Scott Kacsmar – ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar

@Rabbit_IYH @IanKenyonNFL It's not the Heisman. You only pick one player and I'm picking Carson Palmer

Since Stafford got that Good Cooter in his life.

15 Tds-4 Ints 67.1 Completion percentage

Best redzone quarterback in the league.

Last edited:
If panthers lose than I say it's Carson
If panthers win out its Cam

Basically what I felt a couple weeks ago.

If both players finish strong to end the season, I cant knock a Palmer MVP but still Cam's imo

Even if ppl want to disredit Cam's resume..for legit ( some of Scott's points) or the unwarranted reasons (Soccer Mom hysteria)

CWyl5FPUkAAJTIe.jpg

Adrien Serre
4h4 hours ago
Adrien Serre ‏@Rabbit_IYH
@FO_ScottKacsmar @IanKenyonNFL So who'd be on your MVP ballot if you had one? Carson one, Brady two, ...?
Scott Kacsmar
Scott Kacsmar – ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar

@Rabbit_IYH @IanKenyonNFL It's not the Heisman. You only pick one player and I'm picking Carson Palmer

Pabs, I wish I could rep you.

Soft schedule, defense, special teams, field position, but QB narrative.

God bless you man.

#IOnlyApplyThis****ToLuckAndTannehillTho

So the part of the season where the games mean the most Cam has been one of if not the best, and let's knock him for that?

Man what is that all about...

Panthers the 6th best team?

Cam 5th - 13th best qb?

Uhhhh... What NFL is this guy watching??!?!

I'll disagree with those two points vehemently..

Also funny how they mention that Brady's numbers only dropped off when his skill position players got injured, while failing to mention Benjamin has been injured all year and the Panther's WR corps is buns to begin with :lol:

He's running an efficient and potent offense with a fairly old (but still effective) Greg Olsen and Ted Ginn as his best options. Brady is the only other guy who's been able to produce with so little talent. Even Aaron Rodgers, who IMO has played the QB position better than anyone ever, has fallen off without Jordy Nelson this year.

It was inevitable that the Panthers O would struggle a bit without their #1 receiver and red zone threat. The fact that they've turned it on as the year has gone on is evidence that Cam has elevated everyone else and is deserving of the MVP. A 33:11 ratio is nothing to sneeze at, plus he's got 7 TD's on the ground and over 500 yds rushing :x

That being said, Brady needs to be given hella props for putting up these numbers at this age with a relatively pedestrian supporting cast besides Gronk. Dude is unreal.

Last edited:
So the part of the season where the games mean the most Cam has been one of if not the best, and let's knock him for that?

Man what is that all about...

Cam is the MVP for me. No issue at all.

I was just happy to see someone dig into the QB "Winz" narrative and show some context.

Also funny how they mention that Brady's numbers only dropped off when his skill position players got injured, while failing to mention Benjamin has been injured all year and the Panther's WR corps is buns to begin with :lol:

He's running an efficient and potent offense with a fairly old (but still effective) Greg Olsen and Ted Ginn as his best options. Brady is the only other guy who's been able to produce with so little talent. Even Aaron Rodgers, who IMO has played the QB position better than anyone ever, has fallen off without Jordy Nelson this year.

It was inevitable that the Panthers O would struggle a bit without their #1 receiver and red zone threat. The fact that they've turned it on as the year has gone on is evidence that Cam has elevated everyone else and is deserving of the MVP. A 33:11 ratio is nothing to sneeze at, plus he's got 7 TD's on the ground and over 500 yds rushing :x

That being said, Brady needs to be given hella props for putting up these numbers at this age with a relatively pedestrian supporting cast besides Gronk. Dude is unreal.

Funny how in every QB discussion this is never brought up. I'm mad he hasn't had one in a min. He could've broken Steve Young's record already.

Nevermind the fact that he just converted a 3rd and long to put his team in a position to win with his legs. Earlier than that the mere threat of him running gave Greg Olsen an easy Td. Then there was the 40+ yard run early that lead to score too but I digress.

There's a narrative to talk about that's speaks to that big underlying issue that everyone gets so uncomfortable about when it's brought up. :rolleyes

I mean there are people arguing that the QB of an undefeated team by week 15 in the NFL with great numbers is not the MVP. How Sway? How?

I mean that may be it for some but there are some valid points to consider others and race has nothing to do with it

I think he wins no problem though

Last edited:
I mean that may be it for some but there are some valid points to consider others and race has nothing to do with it

I think he wins no problem though
I liked this post better before the edit. You weren't wrong.

As of today, Cam is the consensus MVP among most relevant media + fans. That award is pretty much locked up at this point so there's no need for fuss. It's really only one or two dudes out there with a differing opinion. 

Back
Top Bottom