QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

What does his second point even mean ? He's bad when he's pressured ..who isn't ?

And wouldn't the fact that he's one of the best with a clean pocket completely eliminate what he does when under pressure ? Those are some random Lebron/ESPN stats

Alot of qbs are better than that under pressure. For a mobile qb that's not good at all.
Dudes pretending like Cam would still be MVP if his team wasn't undefeated

I fact checked that article.

The Cardinals defense is 7th in points, 7th in yards, 3rd in least first downs allowed, 4th in rush defense ,5th in QB rating, 2nd in turnovers.

I don't know how the heck they are rated 16th.

I also don't understand why they are just focusing on tight ends while ignoring Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown and Michael Floyd?

Fitzgerald is 8th in yards, Brown is 21st.

Also the Cardinals rush offense is 6th in the NFL.

It seems like a very slanted article.

Alot of qbs are better than that under pressure. For a mobile qb that's not good at all.

...But his team is undefeated.

No one would be talking about Carson Palmer as MVP if they were getting a wild card.

But Cam deserves the MVP.

I think cam is unquestionably the MVP .
40 touchdowns in 14 games ..14-0 ...without any receivers

Wouldn't be mad at homie tom getting it though :pimp:

Last edited:
I think cam is unquestionably the MVP .
40 touchdowns in 14 games ..14-0 ...without any receivers

Wouldn't be mad at homie tom getting it though :pimp:

Basically how I feel on the matter :lol:,Carson is still behind the gawd though...

Last edited:

...But his team is undefeated.

No one would be talking about Carson Palmer as MVP if they were getting a wild card.

But Cam deserves the MVP.

I'm aware, but if Panthers go 15-1 and Cardinals go 14-2 its pretty hard to overlook Carson at that point

I would not vote for him, because my judgement is that Carson Palmer plays with one of the best collections of offensive talent in football, and Cam Newton plays with one of the worst collections of receivers in football.  And the statistical difference between the two is arguable anyway.

Listening to Dan Patrick show yesterday, even tho he on vacation. Some other guy(s) were on, one had a cup of coffee with Minnesota.

Said he does some draft work for NFL network now, Phil Simms liked his coverage. So a mutual friend gave Simms the guys number. One day, Phil calls him.

They talk mechanics, throwing motions, etc, the guy is kind of in awe, Phil Simms callin him, after a few, Phil says you should come down, make it a weekend, we'll throw it around a lil bit.

Guy is stunned. Phil literally inviting him to his home. So he picks a weekend, Phil sets it all up, driver picks him up from airport, room upstairs all set up for him.

They spend a couple hours talking motion, mechanics, everything. Have dinner that night, spend the next day and watchin film. Goes home that night.

Guy said he learned more that weekend than his whole life.

That **** is so awesome to me. Former QB sets you up in his home, works with ya, chops it up, watch film, and does it just cuz he's a football junkie. Simms says some dumb stuff on air, but like Madden, he loves this sport.

I can't imagine hangin out with a Simms, or Aikman, or Dilfer talking the position, and the film study. Wish they could do stuff like that for regular folk. I'd sign up in a second.

Kirk Cousins has had by far the most surprising 2015 performance.

Though YPA is always a valuable indicator imo and his (and Alex Smith's) are pretty low.

Kirk Cousins has had by far the most surprising 2015 performance.

Though YPA is always a valuable indicator imo and his (and Alex Smith's) are pretty low.
Totally agree, 100%.

And, yeah, that doesn't surprise me. Smith still doesn't throw the ball down the field a ton, but he hasn't needed to. Check out his TD pass to Harris yesterday as well as his TD pass to Maclin against Cleveland in Week 16. Possibly the best two throws I've ever seen from Smith.

...and I'll say this, I'm not predicting it, but with the AFC this wide open, this could be the year Smith gets to a SB...even if he is an extremely average and "safe" QB.

Back
Top Bottom