QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Wentz as a reclamation project is intriguing. the injury history would worry me, just a guy that's already missed a lot of time because of how he plays. PHI isn't exactly stocked with talent outside of the TEs so not sure NE makes sense, but local talking heads bring up his name

i know elpablo21 elpablo21 mentioned Stafford too which i would love to bring to NE while we find the next guy. but i know we can't afford (read: want to afford) it :lol:

Hmmmm, I do kinda see/like Wentz in NE.

Stafford would be too old for them, wouldn't he? Well, I guess he's only 33 (next year). 🤔

i think it could work with Stafford. maybe Wentz too. but there needs to be some investment and hits at WR and TE. no matter who is playing QB next year. i just know we can't go another year with someone we're scared to let throw unless we're down 4 scores. can't win like that in today's NFL

but watch, it'll be Fitzpatrick and a rookie next year. which i wouldn't hate, depending on who they draft :lol:

I don’t really get wentz in new england

the easiest one is obviously in Indy.. or you pair him with someone who will fix his f’d mechanics and that’s either a new coach in philly or elsewhere

broncos have WRs and a TE, so adding a QB and new offensive mind could be huge

tempted to say I’d wanna see stafford take over in New Orleans since we won’t see Jamies and taysom ain’t it

With Mahomes and Herbert in division.
Watson, Allen, Jackson, Ben, Tannehill, Baker, Burrow, Tua, soon to be Trevor all in the AFC.

By all means, stick with Carr, please.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is by far the worst reasoning you've trotted out yet. Again, I don't trust your evaluation of Carr's ability anyway, and you clearly can't talk about the Raider's past team performances in any meaningful context.

The more relevant question in a lot of people's eyes is, do we start to look at moving on from Gruden, not Carr.

henry.jpg

I need to see Tannehill without this guy to put him in top 10.

Tannehill threw the ball under 10 times or 100 yds in 2 of the 2019 playoff games.

The 2020 Titans are still in the bottom half of the league in passing.

Reposting from IATT IATT in the main thread

The Mahomes part is bonkers on its own

But then I saw the Aikman stats. I know it was a different world back then for the passing game but kind of mind blowing to see those numbers for a HOF QB. I get why he's there but crazy to look back every now and then see it.

Like how bad the average completion percentage used to be across the league and now thats like the bare minimum in today's league for a QB even in the bottom 3rd of anyone's rankings

The NFL game was crazy physical back then with lesser athletes.

it was more physical, because that was what was allowed

but you had a shhh ton of athletes

for those cowboys teams, the greatest athletes were on the lines.. and then Deion

aikman shouldn’t be in the hall of fame, that’s the problem.. but he played for the 90s cowboys

Yeah I think obviously the evolution of all sports you have more top end athletes across the board but the league obviously didn’t value the long ball and high scoring until later so defenses could do a lot more.

once you couldn’t maul guys consistently off the line and way after the game changed plus you had a couple guys who would be considered to be GOATS in the making the league were gonna cater to

scheming evolved, college styles trickled up a little into the pros and here we are

it was more physical, because that was what was allowed

aikman shouldn’t be in the hall of fame, that’s the problem.. but he played for the 90s cowboys

You have to look at Aikman relative to his contemporaries. (early 1990s)-Young, Favre, Kelly, Elway, Marino and Moon

Who was better and had more or similar team success? 3 Super Bowl

Look at from 1991-1996 Aikman was top 5 in passer rating and top 2 in completion percentage.

Maximizing this role in the Cowboys offense.

What DBs could do off the line.. what LBs and safeties could get away with, with hitting guys

going back to the 80s I’d feel comfortable picking out guys and putting them out there now and they’d not only succeed but dominate

but ain’t like athleticism is only thing with the game.. to keep it QB related, brady ain’t no great athlete

jerry rice, for example, is probably doing even more with how the middle has opened up and safeties cant take off his head

or Reggie white chucking dudes 320-330, that’s clearly keeping up with anyone going now

You have to look at Aikman relative to his contemporaries. (early 1990s)-Young, Favre, Kelly, Elway, Marino and Moon

Who was better and had more or similar team success? 3 Super Bowl

Look at from 1991-1996 Aikman was top 5 in passer rating and top 2 in completion percentage.

Maximizing this role in the Cowboys offense.

aikman isn’t as good as any of the others guys you named

and while a QB is important, winning a super bowl is a team achievement

imagine any of the other guys you named on those cowboys teams

Been looking for this throw forever. Remember watching this game with my dad and we rewinded it multiple times because I swore the ball would have traveled 80 yards. Looks like the trajectory has it as a 75 yard throw. From the 20 to the 5. While putting minimal momentum into his throw. Crazy.

Russ been pretty average middle of the season

Pat v. Rodgers for MVP who ya got (sorry tailbacks)

Nice to see Hurts get a chance, he’s making the most of it

Is Baker finally putting it together?

sometimes you forget Deshaun is down there in Texas and is still a reallly good young QB

I don’t understand Goff

and Idk what the Bears do with Mitchell

Rodgers is probably MVP front-runner at this point.

Mitch might end up being the stopgap for a new HC, because at this point, they're picking late teens, low 20s, so I guess it depends on if they like any of the 2nd tier Qs. He's playing well right now.

Stafford is a tough SOB...wish we could see him in a new place as well. Dropped some dimes today.

Didn't watch much else today.

Rodgers is probably MVP front-runner at this point.

Mitch might end up being the stopgap for a new HC, because at this point, they're picking late teens, low 20s, so I guess it depends on if they like any of the 2nd tier Qs. He's playing well right now.

Stafford is a tough SOB...wish we could see him in a new place as well. Dropped some dimes today.

Didn't watch much else today.
IDK what we’re doing at QB, but Stafford in a Shannahan offense would be a PROBLEM.

Who started this all you need is a QB thing. I really can't remember how it started :lol:

problem is, was never a good faith argument

i don’t know how it got started

but I know the portions I got involved in, which was the draft

and a certain someone was very against the chiefs trading up for mahomes when they had Alex smith

Who started this all you need is a QB thing. I really can't remember how it started :lol:

It's me.

My point is, was, always has been, always will be, you need 53 + coaching + GM etc. Too much credit given to the QB, too much blame ALSO on the QB. People completely ignore dozens of factors to "simplify" their "analysis".

I watched Dan for over a decade. Elite of elite. We were 9-7/10-6 forever. Terrible drafts, zero run game, zero defense.

Then I see Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Flacco etc win rings. :stoneface:

Then I see 38 year old Elway, but not 28 year old Elway.
Duck throwin wobbly ball Peyton ring, elite throwin dissecting Peyton one and done year after year.

So many factors, breaks, luck, injuries, schedules, and folks go on and on about this team or that team has to have a QB, have to draft a QB, gotta have a QB etc etc etc. So, I came up with the #.

And I disagree with it 100%. You need a QB.....and 75 other things to be successful.

And now? These days? It's moreso about QB MONEY, than QB's. If we're bein honest. Tom Brady taught me that.

IDK what we’re doing at QB, but Stafford in a Shannahan offense would be a PROBLEM.

They're gonna have options if they move on from Jimmy. I'd have to imagine it's the most appealing destination for any vets who would be willing to sign/get traded there and it's also a good QB draft, if you want one in the first 2 rounds, in my opinion.

Could do both, really.

They're gonna have options if they move on from Jimmy. I'd have to imagine it's the most appealing destination for any vets who would be willing to sign/get traded there and it's also a good QB draft, if you want one in the first 2 rounds, in my opinion.

Could do both, really.
How do you feel about the Vikes and Kirk?

Back
Top Bottom