QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

I think most ppl would agree with that assessment C CP1708 I do remember a debate on the last Super Bowl and yes many factors always play into winning a game but I sat there and said Mahomes wasn't the only the difference but when it time to make plays (yes a wide open Tyreek late, anyone should make that play but he made them and others). Jimmy G (Sanders open late and miss and other plays) didn't. Key difference for a positional player who is touching the ball every snap and late in a game is usually having to make that play

I feel like the argument started reasonable and got lost in extremes over the years :lol:

Deshaun is great and there are some deplorable franchises that waste great talent like that

i think we all get you need to build up the roster around your QB.. and have good offensive minds to work with them and get the best out of talent

but having your QB spot locked down for 15 years sure as shhh helps with the whole process

i mean I look at the chiefs who are currently 13-1.. I think they made a mistake drafting a RB in round 1 when they could have made other moves (like draft another WR, considering they might lose 2 of em this off season).. but things are a little easier in KC with mahomes and other pieces already in place

How do you feel about the Vikes and Kirk?

Complacent. I can find fault in his play, game to game just as much as I can see how he's not at all the reason for lapses week-to-week. I'm good with him overall, but also wouldn't be at all upset if he were gone and Minnesota went with a draftee. Honestly, if they can get another stud Olineman or 2 plugged in for next season with the return of Hunter, Barr and the young guys with a year under their belt on D, I'll probably have more conviction after seeinghow that plays out. Right now, it's no one's fault, but everyone's fault, if that makes sense. Would like to see this cycle at its peak one more time (next season or 2).

Mahomes has a lot of benefits to his situation though, which include Reid, his season learning from Alex, the constant hits the Chiefs have had on offense with Kelce, Hunt, Hill, Oline, etc.

That first year sitting, Reid and Co. Cleaned a **** ton up. I remember bringing up Mahomes in the college thread early and there were crickets. :lol: Then he kinda blew up and I fell back because it seemed all situational for him. I probably underrated him...no, I definitely did, given what he's already done, but his skill was never a surprise. His efficiency most certainly is and I think it's rare to see that from college to your first few seasons in the pro's. Lots of credit needs to go to Reid, imo. But yeah...can't coach talent.

Mahomes has a lot of benefits to his situation though, which include Reid, his season learning from Alex, the constant hits the Chiefs have had on offense with Kelce, Hunt, Hill, Oline, etc.

That first year sitting, Reid and Co. Cleaned a **** ton up. I remember bringing up Mahomes in the college thread early and there were crickets. :lol: Then he kinda blew up and I fell back because it seemed all situational for him. I probably underrated him...no, I definitely did, given what he's already done, but his skill was never a surprise. His efficiency most certainly is and I think it's rare to see that from college to your first few seasons in the pro's. Lots of credit needs to go to Reid, imo. But yeah...can't coach talent.

I completely agree.. as I’ve said a bunch, Reid to me is the greatest QB coach ever.. he might have his other faults, but he can coach up a guy

but Reid also has his flaws.. so it worked out well for both

i don’t think chiefs are winning a super bowl with Alex smith, but they would win 10-12 every year and then stuff would pop up in the playoffs.. I mean I watched the story for however many years in philly

but I said in the draft thread, my faith in the pick was all about Reid.. which is always kinda funny to me when we would move on from guys and see them without Reid

Who the Colts gonna have at QB Next season? Rivers needs surgery and hes about to retire anyways and Jacoby is going to another team.

Who the Colts gonna have at QB Next season? Rivers needs surgery and hes about to retire anyways and Jacoby is going to another team.
19101783_web1_L1-Patterson-Column-Huskies-EDH-191027.jpg

I rather take my chances on the kid you drafted who got to sit a year and got acclimated to the schemes you run vs. bringing in a fixer upper QB 🤷🏿 (and who might not be cheap either).

I rather take my chances on the kid you drafted who got to sit a year and got acclimated to the schemes you run vs. bringing in a fixer upper QB 🤷🏿 (and who might not be cheap either).

I thought about it now sensibly and Eason just might work out. Defense is top tier, Got two good RBs and the WR corpse is only gonna get better. Add more weapons and Eason will be alright.

Colts need to stay away from Wentz

Eason has always had NFL stuff. Raw deal at Georgia and UW did not have the guys there to really help Eason. I can definitely see a Stafford-like career (stats wise).

maxresdefault-2.jpg

Didn't think Josh could do it given that track record but props
ehh3.png
I was thinking about the Diggs trade the other day. I don’t think that there’s a trade I can think of other than this one where none of the teams involved lost. W’s on both side in this one.

Back
Top Bottom