QB THREAD - 2x quarterbacky award winner: Lamar Jackson

Knew Baker was having a solid season but looks like he rejuvenated his career in Tampa.

Jordan Love last 3 games:

27/40 322 2 0 108.5 LAC
22/32 268 3 0 125.5 @ Det
25/36 267 3 0 118.6 KC

Brett Favre, 2nd round pick, traded from ATL.
Aaron Rodgers, late 1st.
Jordan Love, late 1st.

One NFL team doesn't seem to struggle finding/developing QB's.

You would think the other 31 teams would learn from them and not zombie climb over each other year after year fighting for Top 1-2-3 picks to get a QB.

In fact......Baltimore with Dilfer, Flacco, Lamar....... Hmmmmmm

SF with Joe, Young, Garcia, Kap, Purdy.......(whoops, Trey Lance)

(Not quite as clean as GB streak they have goin, but still interesting)

think it's unfair to say flacco rode coat tails to a title the same way dilfer did. dilfer, absolutely

He had one hot postseason. Zero all pros for a career. Comparing that to GB or SF seems like a mega reach.

You and I in the same boat tho.......

Tell me about Dilfer and Flacco Super Bowls like we both wouldn't trade anything for that taste.

Throw prolly 26-27 teams in that same boat.

GB, SF, Balt, seem to succeed regardless the QB. Any other teams that belong?

You and I in the same boat tho.......

Tell me about Dilfer and Flacco Super Bowls like we both wouldn't trade anything for that taste.

Throw prolly 26-27 teams in that same boat.

GB, SF, Balt, seem to succeed regardless the QB. Any other teams that belong?
You’re moving the goalposts from what your original point was.
One NFL team doesn't seem to struggle finding/developing QB's.

You would think the other 31 teams would learn from them and not zombie climb over each other year after year fighting for Top 1-2-3 picks to get a QB.

In fact......Baltimore with Dilfer, Flacco, Lamar....... Hmmmmmm
Is not the same as them not struggling finding or developing QBs. They literally won IN SPITE of Dilfer. Flacco was a mediocre QB who they had success in spite of for most of his career. He had an amazing run in 2012 but he was not thought of highly at that point before that run.

My whole point is that Baltimore isn’t great at finding or developing QBs outside of Lamar. The previous two SB winning QBs has incredible defenses and were generally not asked to lift a heavy load, Flacco’s out of body SB run aside. Plus they blew a FRP on Boller.

Last edited:
You’re moving the goalposts from what your original point was.

Is not the same as them not struggling finding or developing QBs. They literally won IN SPITE of Dilfer. Flacco was a mediocre QB who they had success in spite of for most of his career. He had an amazing run in 2012 but he was not thought of highly at that point before that run.

My whole point is that Baltimore isn’t great at finding or developing QBs outside of Lamar. The previous two SB winning QBs has incredible defenses and were generally not asked to lift a heavy load, Flacco’s out of body SB run aside. Plus they blew a FRP on Boller.

GB the standard. Absolutely my intent.

Clearly Balt isn't equal to them, but they also don't fight to get Top picks to spend on QB's either and have had success with multiple. Which is similar to GB. (Granted, Dilfer was a top pick, but by TB)

Boller was a miss, but at 19. Flacco and Lamar both late firsts as well. Hence my comparison to them with GB.

The 3 orgs have had great success winning without having to fight over Top 3-5-7 QB draft picks. SF goes 3rd because they did try to with Lance.

GB the standard. Absolutely my intent.

Clearly Balt isn't equal to them, but they also don't fight to get Top picks to spend on QB's either and have had success with multiple. Which is similar to GB. (Granted, Dilfer was a top pick, but by TB)

Boller was a miss, but at 19. Flacco and Lamar both late firsts as well. Hence my comparison to them with GB.

The 3 orgs have had great success winning without having to fight over Top 3-5-7 QB draft picks. SF goes 3rd because they did try to with Lance.
Yea, but GB has had QBs who drive the bus. Baltimore had 2 guys who were carried by defenses, and Lamar of course they knocked out of the park. Just entirely different models of hitting on elite QBs later in the 1st round versus building up a defense that is so good that you can have a bad to slightly above average guy playing QB for you. Sure they’ve all had success but it looks reallly really different

Don’t think I’ve seen this thread before
Pretty good content

Disagree with crowning any of those teams with being QB building franchises

Chargers had Fouts, Brees, Rivers
Broncos had Elway (dude went to 5 SB)
Oilers had Warren Moon and Steve McNair, Cody Carlson wasn’t bad
Buccaneers had Doug Williams and Steve Young

The 49ers haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1994 season they have had alot lean years since then and none of those guys since then have been All-Pro or franchise quarterbacks.

I wonder who will be the first to crack 6k in a season once the league goes to 18 games

Lamar 1 seed
Allen 2 seed
Mahomes 3 seed
Stroud 4 seed

Purdy 1 seed
Goff 3 seed
Baker 4 seed
Love 7 seed

Dak the only division winner to lose in the Wild Card round.

One of Detroit or Tampa Bay guaranteed to be in the NFC Title game.

:pimp:

can't remember if we talked about it in here or i was talking about it on twitter but while i think Brady is 100% spot on, i think part of it is QBs now can rely more on their arm or legs to get them out of a jam. so while Tom or Peyton HAD to do that and had to know options a, b, and c pre-snap...these guys now can rely more on their pure athleticism to improvise

i know with Tom, that's why the ball was always gone so quick. he knew exactly where the holes would be and if a called route wasn't going to put a receiver there, he was going to hot route or signal one to get there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom