Quality Pick-Up Basketball Appreciation Thread

APPRECIATED

I'm going like 2-3 days a week now including satURDAY mornings. put up 2 straight game winners in the only 2 I played. I can't wait til satURDAY.

pimp.gif

damn i played pick up the other week after a year hiatus. needless to say i was terrible... got beat off the dribble by the opposing player countless times,and also bricked tons of open layups. i need to start playing by myself before i dive into a pick up game. the ball feels light as hell and the rim seemssmaller after not playing for a while...

pick up is definitely more fun than organized hs ball.
in pick up ball, anything goes and you never know how your opponents are gona be like.
you get to meet new people each time and develop your skills by facing a great variety of new players each game.

definitely appreciated.

Could someone PLEASE let me know of some good pickup games in Nashua, NH or surrounding areas? Preferably indoors and free.

All the outdoor courts have snow on em (i gave up shoveling years ago) and
all the college students are gone. I won't be playing any basketball for the next month.

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Real talk, i need to get back in shape, I run on the treadmill at the school gym for about 30 mins every 2-3 days, and i been hittin the gym, I'm not touchin the court looking like no damn scrub. Back in the day, I had energy for days and crossed dude over left and right but nowadays i'll showboat for a good five minutes and be on the bench soon after like an asthmatic looking for an inhaler. Lol I should be on the right track, I never thought that at 17 I would care so much about getting in shape
Michigan
pimp.gif

You won't have to worry about looking like a scrub at the IM, but at the CCRB, it's a different story
laugh.gif

Def appreciated. I been able to hoop over the break. I went up to the court at 4:30p one day and lost track of time, didn't leave til 10p. I'm like
nerd.gif
cause I aint hooped like that in 3 yrs
pimp.gif

i def like playing pick up games
i prefer organized basketball though
might go this sunday to the park wit some homies to play

Originally Posted by lildisciple111

Basketball Is Def My Love. There aint nothing like hitting up a new spot with 4 of your boys and you call next. everyone like who the *&*(&@ is that. Then you proceed to stay on the court for another 5 games. And the only reason you lose is cause you just played 5 back to back games to 21.Basketball
pimp.gif
. Aint another sport like it
Me and my folks do it all the time
pimp.gif

My 1st year in college I used to ball 5 days a week. Since I switched to school at nite I'm lucky to get in a game a month. NYC FTL, someone needs to openup some more indoor spots in the city

Right, I love a great pick-up games, especially when the teams are even. I haven't played an ounce of basketball since early summer. I have a gym aroundthe corner from me that I need to start hitting up.

Basketball was my first love as far as sports is concerened. I love playing with people that have the right mentality. I just palyed pick up with some guy whothought him playing on our squad was a privilege...for us. whatever... but appreciated pick up.

Back
Top Bottom