Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

I'm sure it looked fine, but I wasn't strictly speaking about picture and sound

Last edited:
Django is a pure, pure, pure audience movie.

You'll appreciate the quirks, tensions and humor in a completely different way in a theater. The effect it has on people, and their level of comfort... It's like an Inglourious Basterds showing in Germany.

Don't be that antisocial and cheap. Trust me, if you have the option, see it in a theater. I mean, there's only 1 Tarantino movie every 3 years. :lol:

I don't know...when I was in the theater I tried to zone in on the film itself and ignore the people surrounding me so that I could absorb everything.

I think I will enjoy it just as much when I watch it at home.

Hate the theater man. I always have a bad experience, be it people talking on their cell, eating loudly, being obnoxious. I only mess with my home setup, the internet & Blurays now.

Yo Leo is a beast. I feel like tarantino 's quirky allure creates this atmosphere on set that forces the actors to really go in. Not saying that all actors play the best roles of their lives, but they strive to deliver a masterpiece. Its pure art. Now i gotta find this clear copy yall tambout

Hate the theater man. I always have a bad experience, be it people talking on their cell, eating loudly, being obnoxious. I only mess with my home setup, the internet & Blurays now.

The lady beside me was on her phone texting for 40 minutes in the middle of the movie and she smelled like an old Halloween mask.

Yo Leo is a beast. I feel like tarantino 's quirky allure creates this atmosphere on set that forces the actors to really go in. Not saying that all actors play the best roles of their lives, but they strive to deliver a masterpiece. Its pure art. Now i gotta find this clear copy yall tambout

Alonzo.gif

People do tend to suck in theaters. :lol:

Tarantino movies just play to really interesting sensibilities in a crowd. Like when people let that awkward humor creep at a tooth on a carriage. Dude is a must in theaters to me.

Last edited:
Not all audiences are the same, so of course you'll get some bad ones. Avoid the Friday/Saturday night crowd and you'll get a better experience. Teenagers, people there on dates who don't want to be there, annoying bros, etc. You can still get the theater audience experience on a Saturday or Sunday 2pm showing but you won't be in a jam packed theater with annoying, mouth breathing, phone texting, nimrods. 

Certain movies are enormously different in theater vs. at home. In a crowd vs. by yourself. Personally, I love seeing movies in theaters. Comedies in particular are far better in a crowd. And while I can exercise self-control at home, I like being in a theater with no option to check my phone, get on the computer, or other distractions that might happen elsewhere.

Home viewing has come a long way and I'm glad for it, but it's still not the same. A Tarantino movie in particular is worth the price of admission and the chance of having a bad audience.

It's not just the self control. With Tarantino, more than most filmmakers, you see the thinking behind the subtle touches he brings to his films. The little choices make more sense when there are so many perspectives taking it in.

And I don't mean like acceptance by committee, but it just showcases the different between watching at home alone or with the 1 or few people you choose, and the affect a film can have on so many different kinds of people.

I wouldn't have had a good appreciation for how people reacted to such a...touchy topic in film, had I not seen this in theaters. That's just me though.

disappointing movie, I had higher expectations. The acting was really on point, as was the overall story and cinematography.

but the movie was way too long, I was getting a little bored in the middle to end parts. it was also a bit overly dramatic/graphic.

7/10 for me. This was no where close to as good as inglorious I think.

No idea how this whole thing got on YouTube but its there. Watch it while you can, which probably won't be long.

Edit...nvm

I recorded the mask scene on my phone :smokin :lol: too funny

Last edited:
No idea how this whole thing got on YouTube but its there. Watch it while you can, which probably won't be long.

I recorded the mask scene on my phone
smokin.gif
laugh.gif
too funny
eek.gif
hope you're ready to get banned

The title says legal screening so I was confused cause obviously there's no way in hell this movie could be put up on YouTube. I was goin through the comments as they were discussing its legality and I saw someone post this

Well, I think this is one of the screeners that is given out to members of the Screen Actors Guild. I guess there might be some question as to how it was obtained, but I don't think it's technically illegal, although I may be wrong.

So I got even more confused.

Yea I don't watch movies in theatres unless its a special once in a lifetime type movie eg. Django.

Should I watch this or Les Mis?

This is coming from a guy who didnt like any of Tarantino's past works. Sin City was the only one that I thought was good, and I only think so cause of Jessica Alba.

Should I watch this or Les Mis?

This is coming from a guy who didnt like any of Tarantino's past works. Sin City was the only one that I thought was good, and I only think so cause of Jessica Alba.
funniest thing is i never even associate him with that movie.. always seems rob rodriguez rides them coattails HARDBODY

Speak my 2 cents before i even try to sift through all the pages of comments.

I went to see it a few days ago, GOOD movie imo. Sam. L reminded me of a real life Uncle Ruckus.

What I didnt like, People being able to bring their kids to the movie (ages 6-12ish) and the crowd being 96% caucasian and every time then "N" word is said laughter uproars. Seriously? I understand the comedic way it was portrayed at times but not EVERYTIME. Kind of made me sick. Is what it is though.... no way did it change how i felt about the movie, society or caucasians as a whole

Back
Top Bottom