Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

Spike has too much respect for the gravity of slavery to paint it in this light he clearly holds the subject with respect to not make it into an action movie.Same way you won't see a movie where some jews escape from a concentration camp and go on a rampage making one liners about getting cooked in ovens.This fool QT wants to make a movie where black soliders go on a rampage in WW2 against white people named Killer Crows .Cmon son how is that acceptable and I can see fools saying yo this is the dopest ww2 movie ever because it uses the harsh treatment of Black Soldiers as a back drop for some kill ****** carnage that I can see folks accepting as cool .Reginald Hudland being attached to it and Samuel L Jackson ole tom self making excuses for it.

Yall wanna crticize Spike Lee and say he shouldnt speak out but alot of people are uncomfortable with django and the idea behind.Slavery should be treated with the same gravity as the holocaust but it doesnt because to humanize slavery and give it a face is to shame and make white people uncomfortable. To show Slavery as disgusting and cruel act instead of some silly backdrop would make alot of folks unhappy.Look at the original roots that show caused an uproar and level of consciousness in the black community and made alot of white people uncomfortable .They re did the show with white people helping slaves being kind to them to ease that and make them feel comfortable with the idea of a white savior or benevolent one saving slaves here and there.Same with the Lincoln movie.

This can't be life
django-unchained-toys-action-figure-dolls__span.jpg

django-sam-jackson21-e1357564127545.jpg

django-doll.jpg

i don't see anything wrong with the dolls. i don't think they'll be marketed towards kids. plus i don't think any racist people would own these dolls, let alone even see the movie.

Leo didn't get nominated :smh:

Leo and maybe even Sam should have been nominated. Then again, that would have made for 3 supporting actors in the same film. :lol:

Christoph Waltz definitely deserved a nomination. I hope he wins [again] though it'll probably go to Alan Arkin

I thought they would nominate Waltz as a lead and Leo as a support.

Django is up for cinematography too.

SIlver Linings Playbook is nominated in almost every category...was it really that good? It looks generic to me.

Yall wanna crticize Spike Lee and say he shouldnt speak out but alot of people are uncomfortable with django and the idea behind.Slavery should be treated with the same gravity as the holocaust but it doesnt because to humanize slavery and give it a face is to shame and make white people uncomfortable. To show Slavery as disgusting and cruel act instead of some silly backdrop would make alot of folks unhappy.

inglorious basterds? definitely agree that to expose slavery for what is actually was DEFINITEY WILL make white folk uncomfortable, and they comprise the majority of the moviegoing public; this about the dollars & sense (pun intended) for hollywood. all that to say, this movie does use the antebellum/slavery era as a backdrop for a love revenge story, it isn't about slavery nor does offer a position on it...and while I understand that images are/can be very powerful it, not sure this movie reflects anything other than being an entertaining genre flick

Django is up for cinematography too.

SIlver Linings Playbook is nominated in almost every category...was it really that good? It looks generic to me.

My bad, I missed that.

SLP is very good, it also had the Weinsteins behind it, which means a lot. It might not be the most original movie ever, but it's execution is outstanding. Two incredible leads. Good supporting cast. Well acted, written, and directed.

Spike has too much respect for the gravity of slavery to paint it in this light he clearly holds the subject with respect to not make it into an action movie.Same way you won't see a movie where some jews escape from a concentration camp and go on a rampage making one liners about getting cooked in ovens.This fool QT wants to make a movie where black soliders go on a rampage in WW2 against white people named Killer Crows .Cmon son how is that acceptable and I can see fools saying yo this is the dopest ww2 movie ever because it uses the harsh treatment of Black Soldiers as a back drop for some kill ****** carnage that I can see folks accepting as cool .Reginald Hudland being attached to it and Samuel L Jackson ole tom self making excuses for it.

Yall wanna crticize Spike Lee and say he shouldnt speak out but alot of people are uncomfortable with django and the idea behind.Slavery should be treated with the same gravity as the holocaust but it doesnt because to humanize slavery and give it a face is to shame and make white people uncomfortable. To show Slavery as disgusting and cruel act instead of some silly backdrop would make alot of folks unhappy.Look at the original roots that show caused an uproar and level of consciousness in the black community and made alot of white people uncomfortable .They re did the show with white people helping slaves being kind to them to ease that and make them feel comfortable with the idea of a white savior or benevolent one saving slaves here and there.Same with the Lincoln movie.

Dudes problem is with the notion that white people actually helped slaves back then. The denial is strong, believe it or not there were white abolitionists back then. Slaves in this country did not achieve freedom independently of what white people's opinions were. Apparently black slaves in this country just got up one morning and said, we aint working no more. :lol: and stuff was all good.

White people in this movie weren't kind at all, there was literally one benevolent white character in the entire movie. This movie did not show "white PEOPLE" helping anyone. It was one white person serving as a mentor to a black slave and the black slave coming into his own by the end of the film.

There are scenes that show slavery as a cruel, act.

Last edited:
Dudes problem is with the notion that white people actually helped slaves back then. The denial is strong, believe it or not there were white abolitionists back then. Slaves in this country did not achieve freedom independently of what white people's opinions were. Apparently black slaves in this country just got up one morning and said, we aint working no more. :lol: and stuff was all good.

White people in this movie weren't kind at all, there was literally one benevolent white character in the entire movie. This movie did not show "white PEOPLE" helping anyone. It was one white person serving as a mentor to a black slave and the black slave coming into his own by the end of the film.

There are scenes that show slavery as a cruel, act.

hollywood's favorite :rolleyes

I feel like one group that should have legitimate gripes about this movie are women, I wish they would've made Broomhilda less of damsel in distress type character. Shes seemed so helpless, I wanted to see her cut somebody's manhood off. :lol:

I feel like one group that should have legitimate gripes about this movie are women, I wish they would've made Broomhilda less of damsel in distress type character. Shes seemed so helpless, I wanted to see her cut somebody's manhood off.
laugh.gif
samesong5vb.jpg

hollywood's favorite :rolleyes

Also the only realistic way to show a slave, infiltrating a plantation in Mississippi and shooting a thousand white people. Django was far from subservant in this flick. He was bold, intelligent, boisterous and "extraordinary".

And I always envisioned the old Asian dude serving as the mentor to the young white kid in a martial arts movie as the hollywood archetype. Denzel has a stereotype of serving as a mentor to young white dudes in movies all the time--My boy and I were talking about it its kind of his thing eg. Training day.

I know it hurts people's souls but yes some white people were involved in the process of freeing African Americans from slavery, and even involved in the civil rights movement. That's like idiots on this thread who think you can't be pro-gay rights without being gay yourself.

You guys see what you wanna see, at the end of the day Django was the main hero in my eyes.

Last edited:
Also the only realistic way to show a slave, infiltrating a plantation in Mississippi and shooting a thousand white people. Django was far from subservant in this flick. He was bold, intelligent, boisterous and "extraordinary".

And I always envisioned the old Asian dude serving as the mentor to the young white kid in a martial arts movie as the hollywood archetype. Denzel has a stereotype of serving as a mentor to young white dudes in movies all the time--My boy and I were talking about it its kind of his thing eg. Training day.

You guys see what you wanna see, at the end of the day Django was the main hero in my eyes.

i don't recall any white people participating in any of the numerous slave rebellions that really happened, but okay

My bad, I missed that.

SLP is very good, it also had the Weinsteins behind it, which means a lot. It might not be the most original movie ever, but it's execution is outstanding. Two incredible leads. Good supporting cast. Well acted, written, and directed.

Damn...looks like I'll have to check that out after all.

i don't recall any white people participating in any of the numerous slave rebellions that really happened, but okay

Either way the movie is a bit far fetched but this was the only remotely plausible way to make the script. I mean I suppose Django coulda gotten up one day and found some guns and practices and gone to mississippi himself on some catcher freeman ish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom