Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” cancelled

I thought the purpose of waiting to do volume 3 was for the child actress from volume 1 to be old enough. I def would like the movie way more if they used the original actresses but that’s tough.
That's truly difficult.

And quite the hope for it all to pan out.

You gotta hope the girl doesn't grow up to be super ugly. Most importantly, that she can act and in this case get extensive training to be able to do the fight scenes.

Kinda like that ethan hawke movie where they filmed over a span of years. Kid looked like he went through an awkward emo phase when he hit puberty.

More Info Has Surfaced About Quentin Tarantino's Next Movie

Quentin Tarantino has found Sony Pictures to be the home of his ninth film based around the summer of 1969. Originally billed as a film about the recently deceased Charles Manson, the $100 million USD ensemble film is in discussion to star Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio for the two main lead male roles, according to Deadline. Margot Robbie has been tapped to play the cult leader’s murder victim Sharon Tate as well.

Vanity Fair has described the unofficial plot details as:

“Set in Los Angeles in the summer of 1969, Tarantino’s upcoming movie, according to a source who read the script, focuses on a male TV actor who’s had one hit series and his looking for a way to get into the film business. His sidekick—who’s also his stunt double—is looking for the same thing. The horrific murder of Sharon Tate and four of her friends by Charles Manson’s cult of followers serves as a backdrop to the main story.”

Production on the still-unnamed movie reportedly begins in June of 2018 for a 2019 release.

Late 60's LA underbelly? I like Tarantino in this space. His LA-based movies are always the best.

All? There's only been

tumblr_n8u6y01qNF1s8j019o2_500.gif

I see what you're saying though. The LA based ones are in the upper echelon of his catalog.

Last edited:
Would love to see Pitt and Dicaprio return for much larger roles in a Tarantino film.
I like Cruise, so I'm intrigued to see what kinda role he'd play.
Robbie out here showing she's more than just a pretty face I, Tonya is a great film

From the newest commercial I saw, I, Tonya doesn’t seem too serious and has a lot of comedy and weirdness mixed in.

Think it hits the 8th for wide release.
I saw a screening of it, with a person I'm working with on a project, who knows a guy....

I saw this movie in theaters and bought it last BF... I think it's about time I watched it again. Favorite QT film is still Jackie Brown.

I'm excited for Pitt to work with QT again because he used to be my favorite actor and he hasn't had a good performance since Basterds. QT always finds a way to get oscar worthy performances out of his cast, and Pitt is long overdue.

Pitt was excellent in Fury and real good in Allied.

Haven't seen War Machine yet. Saying he hasn't had a good performance since Basterds is not true :lol:

Leonardo DiCaprioOfficially Boards Quentin Tarantino's New Movie

As he continues to put the pieces together for his next film – which doesn't have a title officially yet – Quentin Tarantino has locked down at least one person he wants to star. The new movie will mark a reunion with Django Unchained's Leonardo DiCaprio.

With Sony picking up the distribution slack after Tarantino cut ties with The Weinstein Company, the writer/director is aiming to have the film out in August 2019, and will be rolling his cameras this year.

Set against the backdrop of the Manson Murders in 1969, the film will follow an aging actor (DiCaprio) in a Pulp Fiction-style tale. While the Manson angle won't be the focus, Tarantino has been talking to Margot Robbie about playing Sharon Tate and both Tom Cruise and Brad Pitthave been circling the movie.

As they should.

First movie after leaving the rapist's studio and company so they gotta accomdate him if they want him to make more movies with them down the road.

Last edited:
Quentin Tarantino Taps Brad Pitt To Join Leonardo DiCaprio In ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’

Quentin Tarantino has set Brad Pitt to star with Leonardo DiCaprio in his upcoming film, and the filmmaker has chosen a title. Tarantino’s ninth film is Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Pic is set for August 9, 2019 release worldwide. Per Sony, Tarantino describes the film as “a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor…Sharon Tate.”

Al Pacino Joins Quentin Tarantino’s Manson Movie

Quentin Tarantino’s star-studded “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” just landed another legendary actor: Al Pacino.

Pacino will play Marvin Shwarz — Leonardo DiCaprio’s character’s agent in the Sony film — marking his first collaboration with Tarantino. Dating back to his first feature film, 1992’s “Reservoir Dogs,” Tarantino has always cast movie stars he grew up watching, from Robert Forster in “Jackie Brown” to David Carradine in the “Kill Bill” films. Pacino fits that mold of actors who rose to fame in the 1970s.

Also joining the cast are Damian Lewis, who will play acting icon Steve McQueen, Luke Perry as Scotty Lancer, Emile Hirsch as hairstylist Jay Sebring, Dakota Fanning as Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme — a member of the Manson family — Clifton Collins as Ernesto the Mexican Vaquero, Keith Jefferson as Land Pirate Keith, and Nicholas Hammond as director Sam Wanamaker.

The movie, which Tarantino is writing, directing, and producing, also stars DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Burt Reynolds, and Timothy Olyphant. David Heyman and Shannon McIntosh are producing as well.

The pic takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (DiCaprio), the former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double, Cliff Booth (Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they no longer recognize. But Dalton has a very famous next-door neighbor … Sharon Tate.

The film will be released worldwide on August 9, 2019. Opening on the 50th anniversary of the day that the Manson family committed the LaBianca murders and the day after Tate was killed, the film will face off against “Artemis Fowl,” Disney’s adaptation of the popular sci-fi and fantasy series.

Back
Top Bottom