Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” cancelled

That was hilarious. Or when he comes back from dumping the guns in the out house and the driver is just cursing and yelling the while time.

this is awesome to watch, you can tell everyone in this movie has a real strong bond with eachother

QT cast members are family 
pimp.gif

I saw this last week. Like everybody else said the dialogue was great. For a movie that place in a wagging and a Cabin it kept my attention. Sam killed it. I like that they didn't make his character submissive like they normally do in these period pieces. Goggins character was funny, entertaining and zesty. :lol:

Quentin loves dropping the N word in his movies though.

Last edited:
that scene where they were laying down the rope path to the outhouse was so stressful

got the score on my iphone, putting it on makes anything more tedious 
laugh.gif

I love how the movie took place mostly in a cabin and in a wagon. It gave me the feeling I was watching a play but a play I actually enjoyed with fantastic acting, a great score, and a good amount of blood.

It just felt like mostly a great bottle film.

Made me think QT took it back to the days of Reservoir Dogs where, time skipping around aside, most of it was in the hideout meet up spot they were suppose to meet after the robbery. Most of the movie was just all there.

Pulp Fiction - foot massage dialogue between Vincent and Jewels
Jackie Brown - Bridget Fonda's character putting her foot on DeNiro's cup
Kill Bill - "wiggle your big toe"
Inglorious Basterds - Hans Landa asking Von Hamersmark to place his foot on his lap so that he can give her back the shoe
Django - none
Hateful 8 - none

DeathProof:
Don't forget his very first movie, 33:10 mark:

laugh.gif

And yeah, it's kind of like Reservoir Dogs, but I like Reservoir Dogs more because its ending was way less corny.

Last edited:
Im surpised so many of you liked it so much

I thought it was average as far as QT movies go. I didn't give a **** about almost every character. Just found it mighty boring. Still worth a watch but it's far down the list of his movies imo

I thought it was average as far as QT movies go. I didn't give a **** about almost every character. Just found it mighty boring. Still worth a watch but it's far down the list of his movies imo

Oh of course in terms of his work, this is not his best. Lets face it though when it comes to filmmaking and quality his worst is better than most offering from hollywood.

Will I find myself watching this over and over again? probably not, but I enjoyed watching mystery and seeing how it all played out in the end.

I think it would make a much better play than a movie. At least then i could go over the lack of back stories and plot.

And yeah, it's kind of like Reservoir Dogs, but I like Reservoir Dogs more because its ending was way less corny.
3 guys shooting at each other in a stand off and all of them dying when one of them didn't even have a gun aimed at him is better than 2 guys dying hanging a criminal to pay respects to a guy that got them in that situation in the first place?

Eh I can't really say one was really better than the other ending wise. I hated how Mr. White wouldn't even consider dude was a cop and ****** up everything in the end only to find out too late anyway. I know I love TH8 and it was movie of the year for me. Up there in my top QT movies list.

To me this was just masterful writing.

I don't get how it was boring int he least if you're a fan of QT's previous work. Honed a lot of his skill in to a well crafted mystery bottle flick.

It just felt like mostly a great bottle film.

Made me think QT took it back to the days of Reservoir Dogs where, time skipping around aside, most of it was in the hideout meet up spot they were suppose to meet after the robbery. Most of the movie was just all there.

The movie had a VERY Reservoir Dogs feel to it. Very dialogue driven, awkward situation with 8 people who are clearly volatile stuck in a small area, the climax of violence......This movie was essentially RD in a Cabin. :lol:

All of this :lol:

I would say the movie is closer to being the basement scene from IB in a cabin than RD in a cabin 

The dialogue is more akin to RD but yeah the action and how it accelerates from mystery to killing lends itself more to IB and that scene.

Last edited:
I still cant believe Kurt Russel smashed that guitar. Jennifer Leigh's reaction to that was so genuine and priceless. :lol:

Am I getting old and boring that his over the top feti****ing is no longer as appealing to me as it once was? Dude was my favorite director at one point, but I wasn't crazy about IB, Django, and now this.

I did like the movie though. Although there were people disappointed (especially with how it was shot) that it wasn't an adventure through a vast landscape, I enjoyed having a volatile mixture of characters in a confined space where you knew they'd eventually blow. I enjoyed Goggins' character a lot. Most of the dialogue was awesomene and never really felt to drag (although some was noticeably and awkwardly bad.) The characters and dialogue both captivated me. Even in its darkness, it had a comical air to it.

But throughout the film I got this feeling that Tarantino's sympathizing and empowering the typically oppressed, like in many of his recent films, is just a disingenuous platform for his fetishes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom