Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” cancelled

The scene when Pitt was on acid felt like a direct call back to Floyd, his character in True Romance, which Tarantino wrote. It was nice to see him be "Floyd" AND be directed by Tarantino at the same time. The scene takes place in Hollywood and he even says "I'll fkin' kill you man":

More Floyd:

So watched it again for the second time I bump this to 8/10 first time I left before the third act I was with a baddie on a first date I could tell she wasn’t feeling it

That third act tho :rofl::smokin:wow:

Not a huge fan after first viewing. Felt disjointed at times, and dragged at points. Perhaps I don’t have the connection to old Hollywood most who enjoyed it seemed to have.

Some QT movies take some time to sink in for me though. Giving it another viewing tonight.

Was good movie with entertaining dialogue that kept engaged throughout the movie. I could see how Bruce Lee fans didn't like his portrayal, I thought it was more trying to show how awesome Brad Pitts' character was rather than how overrated Bruce Lee is, I wasn't mad at it. Not my favorite QT movie, still enjoyed.

I loved it. Easily one of my favorites this year.

I didn't really care for Bruce Lee part at first, but then I liked it as it went on, because it's not supposed to be an actual story

I don't get some of the complaints about it being pointless. Most movies are pointless then. :lol:

The suspense with George and that whole scene :rofl: Who are you? :rofl: Didn't I say I'm blind, how would I know :rofl:

Also I kept hearing Brad did better than Leo, but I think differently. Leo was playing an actual character and he killed that role.

That little girl Trudi was my MVP. We said you'll find out in about 15 years :rofl:

The dialogue was excellent.

I was hungry and wanted to get something, since I figured it was over two and a half hours and I didn't even want to get up and miss anything.

Not a huge fan after first viewing. Felt disjointed at times, and dragged at points. Perhaps I don’t have the connection to old Hollywood most who enjoyed it seemed to have.

Some QT movies take some time to sink in for me though. Giving it another viewing tonight.

I feel I may have to watch it again. Only doing it as a fan of QT films overall. I get the comedic and exaggerated behavior at times, but the girl screaming in the pool seemed to have gone on a little too long for me.

The best whole Manson family and Tate stuff was completely pointless though and could’ve been omitted completely. That’s my complaint.

Absolutely

I liked it a lot..

Imo, QT took an efficient angle to his re-telling of the story. As a person familiar with the graphic nature of the murders, I basically came into the movie to see the "end". It felt like QT definitely expected that from viewers, hence why most of the movie was mundane - kind of like a calm before the storm.

All of the actors played their roles well.

Once we found out about Cliff's history, I had a hunch where the movie was headed. His fight with Bruce Lee confirmed it.

Finally caught it. Just got back. Very good flick and like most, I was in it for the ending.

After the seeing it, the fairytale esque' title gives a good idea how the movie would pan out.
We also got a 15 minute epilogue that was exclusive to this theater. Nothing crazy, just extended looks at the Cowboy character that Dalton plays as well as a couple other tidbits that'll probably end up on the blu-ray.

Also, really enjoyed watching it at the New Beverly Cinema. Really good turnout. Definite hipster vibe tho lol.

Small theater, concession stand is reasonably priced (don't charge tax). Good vibes overall. My homie spoke with a staff member there, said QT will pop up from time to time to catch a flick. Glad he invested in the place and kept it alive, in the presentation beforehand they said only 50 theaters in the US still stand and operate how they used too back in the day.

EDIT: It was shown in 35mm film, the way it was shot. Really nice on screen.

Attachments

• IMG_4784.jpeg
    IMG_4784.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4782.jpeg
    IMG_4782.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4787.jpeg
    IMG_4787.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4790.jpeg
    IMG_4790.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4789.jpeg
    IMG_4789.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
So I had previously only seen Pulp Fiction once and I watched it last night again...

Movie didn’t really have much of a plot either but is critically acclaimed. Made me understand the Tarantino style a bit more. I’ve never seen Jackie Brown so that’s next.

i enjoyed it. there were parts that dragged, but for a 2:30+ movie it did not seem too long
loved the ending :lol:

Like a time skip when leo said how she will know in 8 years

Did you fall asleep?

They did time stamps during the movie for 1969. There was no time jump, besides the six months later for the end.

He was saying that she will find out what's going on with his career in eight years. When her career won't be as hot.

Back
Top Bottom