question about getting to boracay

we planning a trip there on august and i was wondering what choices we have for transportation.. im planning to bring a lot of family.. maybe 20 deep or less..so plane is out of the question because i dont have that much money.. and also how expensive or cheap the are the bars and whatever people spend over there?its going to be our first time in the island of boracay so im trying to get as much info as i can since i have my 2 kids with me.. thanks in advance yall

I just took a vacation from there this past august. I actually took a plane ride there and it was cheap. There were 7 of us and we each paid 165$ and thatcovered everything. Plane Ticket, Hotel, and Food. If you want to do all the water sports like jet-ski, parasailing, snorkeling, etc, just bargain with theguys that come up to you asking if you want to do those activities. They will be desperate to get anything at all. Especially august is not the busy season. Wepaid 25$ each for snorkeling, banna boat, and parasailing. The bars aren't that expensive its like 40 pesos for a San Mig light which is like 90cents inUS. I stayed there for 2nights 3 days brought 400$ plane ticket included and i still had $ left.

plane ride doesn't cost that much from what i can remember. not sure but I think it was around P1200-1400 which is about $30-40 depending on the exchangerate. and since you guys are 20 people or more you might have to take separate flights since all the planes going there were small charter planes. as far ashotels we paid kinda high since it was summertime. forgot how much we paid though but i remember my mom bringing maybe $600 and having change left over for 3days and 7 people.

so if your fam is cool with taking separate flights then go for it, wouldn't really suggest taking a boat though since someone said it'll take hellalong and i'm sure you don't wanna spend half a day on a boat.

Cool post. I was just gonna ask the same question. Some friends of mine wanna hop over to Boracay sometime this summer (August, I guess). Since I haven'tbeen there either, what are the best places to stay there?? (and hopefully not too expensive, I'm on a student budget here...)

And ronxsarmiento, where did you get that package? Doesn't seem so bad for $165!!! =) Thanks =)

^^you can pretty much haggle with most of the hotels depending on how many people you got with you and how long you're staying.

Back
Top Bottom