Question About Jay Z's Vol. 3

My computer recently crashed and I just got a new one. One of the first things I had to do to build my music library back up since I had lost it all. Whengettin all of my Jay-z albums back the version of Vol. 3 I got was not the one that I always had. I even had the orginal purchased Cd back in the day. Theversion I have now is slightly differrent a features the original( and better imo) version of Is that yo chick, without memphis bleek on it and Anything. TheTracklisting Looks like this:

01. Hova song (intro) -
02. So ghetto 03. Do It Again (Put Ya Hands Up)
04. Dope Man -
05. Things That You Do (Feat Mariah Carey) -
06. It's Hot (Some Like it Hot) -
07. Snoopy Track -
08. S dot Carter -
09. Pop 4 Roc -
10. Hova interlude -
12. Is that yo b**** -
13. Come and get me -
14. NYMP -
15. Hova song (outro) -
16. Anything

I like the retail version pretty well but this one makes it go from being one of his more lackluster albums to at least mid level if not better. Thisversion is better imo and only leaves off one song from the acutal retail and adds 2 great ones. My question is what is the story behind this one? Why was thefinal tracklisting changed? I remember there being something about some bootlegging of this album way back when but that was b4 I into that very much. Thanksin advance.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

u got a mixture of the real thing and a bootleg... 3 hova songs...
You could have at least read it first.
smh.gif

Anyways, I don't have a story on it, but it could possibly be a leaked version.

^ Well, your answer just screamed obviousness to me, like you just wanted to post somethin for the hell of it. No problems though, carry on.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Most underrated jay album.....
Lyrically, yes it was. I hate to call any of his albums underrated, best, worst, or even overrated though. Folks catch feelings easy when you talkabout this %+@!+ Jigga.

Originally Posted by thagreatj

If yall think this album is underrated you guys have never heard of BP2.

The BP2 was anything, BUT underrated
smh.gif
BP2 didn't even feel like a solo album. Felt like a compilation album
smh.gif

I beleive as well that BP2 and Vol. 3 are his most hated on albums. I dont feel as if either are bad just not quite as good as his other ones. They both havesome gems however. Some People Hate off bp2 is easily in the top 10 songs he has ever made. Kanye West Killed the beat, then jay blacked out on it.

This is the version that leaked and was bootlegged heavy...next thing you know, Un is getting stabbed in The Kit Kat club

This is the version that leaked and was bootlegged heavy...next thing you know, Un is getting stabbed in The Kit Kat club
Man I had comepletely forgot about that whole stabbing thing. No one ever brings that up anymore. Kinda goes against his image that he has today.I rememeber it all now, i just didnt peice together that the stabbing incident thing was with this album. All makes sense now. Thanks Everyone. Bootleg VersionIs most definately better.

my least fav hov album. had some of his absolutely worst songs. some wack corny beats too.

Originally Posted by budap06

My computer recently crashed and I just got a new one. One of the first things I had to do to build my music library back up since I had lost it all. When gettin all of my Jay-z albums back the version of Vol. 3 I got was not the one that I always had. I even had the orginal purchased Cd back in the day. The version I have now is slightly differrent a features the original( and better imo) version of Is that yo chick, without memphis bleek on it and Anything. The Tracklisting Looks like this:

01. Hova song (intro) -
02. So ghetto 03. Do It Again (Put Ya Hands Up)
04. Dope Man -
05. Things That You Do (Feat Mariah Carey) -
06. It's Hot (Some Like it Hot) -
07. Snoopy Track -
08. S dot Carter -
09. Pop 4 Roc -
10. Hova interlude -
12. Is that yo b**** -
13. Come and get me -
14. NYMP -
15. Hova song (outro) -
16. Anything

I like the retail version pretty well but this one makes it go from being one of his more lackluster albums to at least mid level if not better. This version is better imo and only leaves off one song from the acutal retail and adds 2 great ones. My question is what is the story behind this one? Why was the final tracklisting changed? I remember there being something about some bootlegging of this album way back when but that was b4 I into that very much. Thanks in advance.
?!

Come and get me, is one of my fav Jay-Z tracks ever. Vol 3 is a lot more solid than some people care to admit for some reason.

Vol III is a persoanl classic...just the state of mind he was in was ill....Iceberg Slim, Jay- Hova....the street introspective lyrics....with thecockiness....

i f's with this album hard....it has fillers of course but it shines more than it dulls

I literally bought this album off iTunes 2 weeks ago, here's my tracklisting (and yes, this album IS underrated, but I still rank it below KC and BP2):

Hova Song (Intro)
So Ghetto
Do it Again
Dope Man
Things That U Do
It's Hot
Snoopy Track
S. Carter
Pop 4 Roc
Watch Me
Big Pimpin
There's Been a Murder