Question for Macbook Owners Vol. I Might Buy One

My Dell is on the way out it seems and the keyboard is getting really hot. I think I blew out the fan or something, idk.
Anyways my question is how are Macbooks with overheating? Do they get hot a lot?

they get hot ( i have the black book one)

but not to the point where i cant use it and its a problem

i leave my macbook on like more than half the day

I would probably say most laptops get hot. Apple, Dell, etc. Best way to prevent it is give your laptop proper ventilation no matter what laptop you get.

yeah mine runs hot too. sometimes it gets a bit too hot that i cant really touch the bottom part.

They do get hot but I've never heard of anyone's MB shutting off because of it

I own a black one and it gets hot but its always fine

Only thing is the hardware sucks....i gripped mine and cracked my thumbprint in the LCD

So make sure your careful!

I never turn mine off and the bottom gets a little warm, as everyone said. The charger gets insanely hot if I leave it in for a while, though.

yo_dawg_mac.png

Originally Posted by HarlemKickDiva

They do get hot but I've never heard of anyone's MB shutting off because of it

I own a black one and it gets hot but its always fine

Only thing is the hardware sucks....i gripped mine and cracked my thumbprint in the LCD

So make sure your careful!

mine has done so on a few occasions.

They get hot, but there's a free program to jack up the fan speed, so it'll run really cool.

I have the new macbook pro, the only time it gets hot is when I run windows xp on it. On OSX I havent had any problems with it getting hot.

Whatever laptop you get, get the Belkin fan. The air flow design is simple and amazing. The only thing I dont like is the usb cord isshort and has no extra usb ports. Best Buy has it for 32.99 but Wal-mart has it for 19.99 and Best Buy will match it. I only say that because you might have aBest buy credit card or rewards program.

I hope that helps a lil

all laptop get hot.. shouldn't base your decision on that.. i have the white macbook from '06 and the new '09 macbook pro unibody and i can saythat the unibody seems to dissipate heat better

I have a macbook pro and even with the metal case it rarely gets hot. The only time it gets too hot to have on my lap is when I'm streaming a movie orstealing an ungodly amount of music.

What software comes standard on a white Macbook? Is it Leopard and iLife? I know iWork is sold as an add-on.

Back
Top Bottom