Question on storing basketball shoes....

So I bought 4 pairs of the same basketball shoe (LBJX)

After trying them out on court I knew I was in love.

Wanted to stock a supply before prices really started to go back up.

Unbeknownst to me at the time was that shoes can "fall apart/degrade" in storage.

I went through 4 pairs of the Zoom Flight 2K3 over the years before finding the LBJX.

I remember the hassle of trying to find my size in a rare shoe for a reasonable price over the years as was the case with the ZF2K3.

Hence buying 4 pair of LBJX at once this time around.

So now I have 3 pairs of the same shoe in my closet in their boxes BNDS and I am afraid that over time they may break down just sitting there and not be safe/good to wear on court a few years down the line.

I expect each pair to last roughly 2 years...So I bought for 8-10 years of play.

Is this a valid concern, the worry of my shoes breaking down in storage?

I am wondering about shoes in the same age range as well. I got a trio of unused ultra flights. I stored them in the box, in my closet in a part of the country that does not have very much humidity.

Thank you to anyone who is willing to share his or her experiences with using DS basketball shoes that are coming up on a decade in age.

So I just did the logical thing and called Nike directly.

They said all their products have a 2 year guarantee from the manufacturing date and that yes, the shoes will inevitably break down (some faster/slower than others depending on materials, production anomalies, etc)

Best idea apparently is to wear them and rotate them regularly because some of the adhesives may actually weaken if the shoe is not being used believe it or not.

Back
Top Bottom