Quick PayPal question... vol. I think I got scammed

Update.....

So yesterday I submitted to them the tracking number just as the emails said but there was still no sign of the money in my account. I got suspicious very quickly and then called paypal, waited close to half hour to talk to customer service, and when I finally got through I began telling the woman the story. She told me that they do not send out emails of that sort and that had no record of the transaction that I was describing to her, in other words, there is no money coming my way. I don't know what to do now because my shoes are en route to this dude's house, although they arent expected to arrive until around 7pm tomorrow, I need to find a way to cancel the shipment.

FML man. The things I do trying to get money for these pewters
30t6p3b.gif

Every time Paypal puts a hold on my money I back out the deal. No way in hell I ship anything and I dont have the money in my bank account. Thats just not smart.

Every time Paypal puts a hold on my money I back out the deal. No way in hell I ship anything and I dont have the money in my bank account. Thats just not smart.

Originally Posted by aaronj

Update.....

So yesterday I submitted to them the tracking number just as the emails said but there was still no sign of the money in my account. I got suspicious very quickly and then called paypal, waited close to half hour to talk to customer service, and when I finally got through I began telling the woman the story. She told me that they do not send out emails of that sort and that had no record of the transaction that I was describing to her, in other words, there is no money coming my way. I don't know what to do now because my shoes are en route to this dude's house, although they arent expected to arrive until around 7pm tomorrow, I need to find a way to cancel the shipment.
Call USPS or whoever you sent the shoes with and tell them not to deliver the package.
Hope it works out.

The thing is, I questioned it from the jump. It just wasn't adding up. I have no idea where this dude came from, he just emailed me out of the blue and I don't understand why these things always happen to me. It's not even like it was true heat that he was copping, it was just some cough drops. But I'm not sure what's worse between this and the time I ordered some Playoff VIIIs from an NTer and mysteriously ended up with bedbugs in my room not long after receiving the package.

Originally Posted by aaronj

Update.....

Call USPS or whoever you sent the shoes with and tell them not to deliver the package.
Hope it works out.

The thing is, I questioned it from the jump. It just wasn't adding up. I have no idea where this dude came from, he just emailed me out of the blue and I don't understand why these things always happen to me. It's not even like it was true heat that he was copping, it was just some cough drops. But I'm not sure what's worse between this and the time I ordered some Playoff VIIIs from an NTer and mysteriously ended up with bedbugs in my room not long after receiving the package.

You should have called paypal as soon as you got a email like that JUST to clarify things. And yes paypal does do things like hold money until they get tracking #, BUT, it still shows up in your paypal balance. Only thing is that your not able to spend it or transfer it to your bank, but your paypal balance would've shown the amount you received. Call the shipper you USED ASAP, and tell them to Cancel shipment as the receiver has scammed you. You should be able to cancel it, but you need to call them NOW and before it gets put on the truck

You should have called paypal as soon as you got a email like that JUST to clarify things. And yes paypal does do things like hold money until they get tracking #, BUT, it still shows up in your paypal balance. Only thing is that your not able to spend it or transfer it to your bank, but your paypal balance would've shown the amount you received. Call the shipper you USED ASAP, and tell them to Cancel shipment as the receiver has scammed you. You should be able to cancel it, but you need to call them NOW and before it gets put on the truck

@lacoste nostre: Yeah I left a message with the only number I could find on the fedex site, of course the offices were closed at this hour but hopefully they stop the shipment in Tennessee where it is now.

@lacoste nostre: Yeah I left a message with the only number I could find on the fedex site, of course the offices were closed at this hour but hopefully they stop the shipment in Tennessee where it is now.

I think you might be able to stop the shipment if you hurry, check the tracking info - usually you can report anything suspicious and stop/suspend the delivery

I think you might be able to stop the shipment if you hurry, check the tracking info - usually you can report anything suspicious and stop/suspend the delivery

Damn, I wish I saw this thread earlier fam. I got the same email a few years ago when the Carmines dropped and some guy wanted to buy them from me. He said he sent payment, and that paypal email came through. I need to ship them then paypal will deposit the money in my account. I called Paypal right away since it didn't sound right, and they told me it was a scam and to give them the contact info from the guy that sent it to me. I filed the report and then wrote an email to the guy saying his scam wasn't going to work and I reported it to the authorities.

Sorry man, you just got scammed.

If you sent via UPS, I know they can recall packages. There is a fee for it, but it's worth it. I don't know if USPS or FedEx, I don't know if they do that. I think FedEx does...

Damn, I wish I saw this thread earlier fam. I got the same email a few years ago when the Carmines dropped and some guy wanted to buy them from me. He said he sent payment, and that paypal email came through. I need to ship them then paypal will deposit the money in my account. I called Paypal right away since it didn't sound right, and they told me it was a scam and to give them the contact info from the guy that sent it to me. I filed the report and then wrote an email to the guy saying his scam wasn't going to work and I reported it to the authorities.

Sorry man, you just got scammed.

If you sent via UPS, I know they can recall packages. There is a fee for it, but it's worth it. I don't know if USPS or FedEx, I don't know if they do that. I think FedEx does...

you got scammed and people on here gave you wrong info
30t6p3b.gif
if paypal holds your money then it stills shows up in your account but clearly says its pending.

if there is no sign of a transaction then paypal knows nothing of it.

you got scammed and people on here gave you wrong info
30t6p3b.gif
if paypal holds your money then it stills shows up in your account but clearly says its pending.

if there is no sign of a transaction then paypal knows nothing of it.

Always log directly into your paypal account.
If the money is not in your balance, you don't ship.

Even if the package is delivered, the USPS can still go into action.
They will place a hold on all mail at the address, and place the resident under Federal investigation until the situation is resolved.
As long as this is the thief's correct address, you should be fine.

Best of luck OP.

Always log directly into your paypal account.
If the money is not in your balance, you don't ship.

Even if the package is delivered, the USPS can still go into action.
They will place a hold on all mail at the address, and place the resident under Federal investigation until the situation is resolved.
As long as this is the thief's correct address, you should be fine.

Best of luck OP.

damn i had this happen a yer or so back for a cdp 11/12 6.5y i wanted 250 & dude paid me 350 but i had to include tracking to get the money i dropped it off & thought to call paypal to get them money released asap they told me it was a scam & i couldnt get to the po fast enough to get my box forward them fake paypal emil to them [email protected]

damn i had this happen a yer or so back for a cdp 11/12 6.5y i wanted 250 & dude paid me 350 but i had to include tracking to get the money i dropped it off & thought to call paypal to get them money released asap they told me it was a scam & i couldnt get to the po fast enough to get my box forward them fake paypal emil to them [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom