R.I.P Aaliyah ... 10 years ago today ........

Originally Posted by IamMD

It was sad man..but not that sad..why do people put her on a pedestal higher than everyone else? Yeah she died young..but the attention this death gets bothers me.

to my surprise..no one was in here doing the typical NT routine and hyping her up beyond belief..simply celebrating her beauty, and promise.

2 attributes which she possessed a tremendous amount of...shorty was special.

you sound like a hater man..you could've kept that to yourself.

Originally Posted by pookieman

Ironically, her last video, "Rock the boat" is one of my all-time favorite songs....just like AirForce1King said...I heard about it as soon as it happened, cause I had been up all night....I had told some of my teammates but everyone blew me off saying I was BS'n because it was so early on the Sunday...she was a great artist tho

This.

Rock the boat and More than a women get me feeling mad feminine
embarassed.gif

r.i.p
tired.gif

i remember this like it was yesterday. the blk/red air jordan 1 retro had came out the day before (hella random)

hot like fire and 4 page letter >>>>*

I wasn't the same for weeks after this. 
tired.gif

I've never been so upset over a celebrity death as her. 

Romeo Must Die was out, and was fantastic, Queen of the Damned was about to come out, and she had landed the role of Zee in Matrix 2, her acting career was about to blow up just like her singing career. 

Then it was all gone. 
frown.gif

RIP Beautiful.....

I actually dragged my mom to an electronics store (The Wiz, I'm pretty sure) just so she can buy me an Aaliyah album back then. Didn't even appreciate her beauty yet because I was only 10.

So much potential unrecognized...RIP

Going to go through the old CD collection, but I'll definitely be playing some Aaliyah this afternoon...

damn...i remember it was late at night, i was chilling in the living room watching mtv videos, when at the bottom it said breaking news.

i couldnt believe it, i just couldnt, i thought it was a sick joke...wet to sleep, and when i woke up it was all over the news

RIP Aaliyah

RIP. I remember Rock the Boat was on 106 & Park for mad long

I remember not making it to the Beverly center when she was there signing autographs. I told my friend that my life wouldn't be complete until the day I met her. Weeks later she passes away.
frown.gif
R.I.P.

@drakkardnoir
Drizzy Drake
RIP Baby Girl...in my ear at every show letting me know the next move I should make. Love you.
11 hours ago via web

I'm a big fan of Aaliyah (More than a woman, I miss U, let me know) and in no way trying to taint her image but they say she insisted on getting on the plane even though the unlicensed pilot repeatedly told them the plane couldnt bare the weight of her, her crew, and all their luggage. I'm not saying its her fault..just reminding everyone to follow the rules cuz it could mean your life.

That goes for speeding, drinking, wearing the seatbelt, and texting while driving...dont do it.

that is all

RIP Aaliyah

No wonder my local radio station was playing all the aaliyah hits this morning during my morning commute.
pimp.gif

I remember I found out about the sad news on those damn annoying AIM news pop-ups that pop up right after signing in.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom