R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman

Just cause I dont know. What kind of pain does one typically go through while having stage 3 colon cancer?

I can't comment on pain level, even tho I'm sure it was excruciating. However, I can say that colon cancer kills more people than any cancer aside from Lung cancer, and most lung cancer patients have a history of smoking or things that were preventable, which isn't the case with colon cancer sadly.

Whether he shared his battle and diagnosis is unknown to me. It’s a very personal thing and if treatment has no impact on treatment, I understand not sharing it with anybody other than family.
Yeah, I'm also the type of person who's private and would rather keep my ailments to myself. He didn't seem particularly extroverted, so I'm sure he was naturally reserved so he didn't want the spotlight on his battle with cancer either.

I can’t even put it into words the impact Chadwick Boseman and Black Panther had, and still does have on the black community and especially our youth.

I will never forget how excited our after school program was when we told them we were taking them to see it.

Those kids Wakanda forever’d me for the rest of the school year but I didn’t care. Seeing how proud they were to see heroes on the screen that looked like them. It was bigger than just a movie....Chadwick Boseman was and still is a real life superhero.

We have to acknowledge the classic gif's he graced us:

The "b4 I take an L" hand rub:
giphy (31).gif

Just had to pull this out last week b/c "capris" got thrown around too loosely:
SmoggyHilariousBaiji-size_restricted.gif

This is one of the best gif's ever. Dead was in tears the 1st time I saw it :lol:
giphy (33).gif

R.i.P. Chadick Boseman man.

P.S.
**** cancer.

Man, this really hurts! He was so talented. Loved him in 42 and Black Panther was such an amazing picture (as was his role in Captain America Civil War)!! Such a sad sad day! Being a car guy and movie buff, I haven't felt this sad about a celebrity passing away suddenly since we lost Paul Walker! My sincerest condolences to his family and friends!! He will be sorrowly missed!! 😢😢🙏🙏😞😞

Just cause I dont know. What kind of pain does one typically go through while having stage 3 colon cancer?
Generally speaking, Stage 3 is a weakened but alert state. At this point, they feel the pain of the tumors, and undergoing chemo sessions make them very tired and exhausted. Bones become weakened. There maybe bowel obstruction, its difficult to use the bathroom, a device maybe needed to pee. They may need more surgery to remove part of their colon or intestine, and they would have a bag permanently attached to them. Also, ascites starts to trap the lungs and the abdomen swells. Fluids start to build up making it tough to breathe. Sometimes they go to hospitals as much as they need to remove that liquid.

Stage 4, at that point, you can tell its death, the cancer really has spread almost all over, colon, appendix, heart. Lymph nodes are very swollen. Patients lose the ability to talk, their eyes enlarge and close as they feel the pain. Oxycodone and morphine basically have no effect. They can barely move. You're basically trying to carry an almost lifeless person. They are quite skinny like a skeleton. Think Steve Jobs in 2010 or 2011 when he looked so skinny and unhealthy.

At that point they probably think or say death is better than to suffer through that. When they reach a point where they are confused about time and place, they talk to themselves, or things we don't see, that's them getting ready to die.

My sister was 36, diagnosed at 32 with advanced stage 3 ovarian. It progressed to 4. She died last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally speaking, Stage 3 is a weakened but alert state. At this point, they feel the pain of the tumors, and undergoing chemo sessions make them very tired and exhausted. Bones become weakened. There maybe bowel obstruction, its difficult to use the bathroom, a device maybe needed to pee. They may need more surgery to remove part of their colon or intestine, and they would have a bag permanently attached to them. Also, ascites starts to trap the lungs and the abdomen swells. Fluids start to build up making it tough to breathe. Sometimes they go to hospitals as much as they need to remove that liquid.

Stage 4, at that point, you can tell its death, the cancer really has spread almost all over, colon, appendix, heart. Lymph nodes are very swollen. Patients lose the ability to talk, their eyes enlarge and close as they feel the pain. Oxycodone and morphine basically have no effect. They can barely move. You're basically trying to carry a almost lifeless person. They are quite skinny like a skeleton. Think Steve Jobs in 2010 or 2011 when he looked so skinny and unhealthy.

At that point they probably think or say death is better than to suffer through that. When they reach a point where they are confused about time and place, they talk to themselves, or things we don't see, that's them getting ready to die.

My sister was 36, diagnosed at 32 with advanced stage 3 ovarian. It progressed to 4. She died last year.
Very, very sorry for your loss man. Reading this made me tear up. Before reading this, I thought chemo was the main cause for pain and discomfort.

I hate you 2020. As an Oakland native and what he did with Black Panther for the city of Oakland, this one really hurts. Not at one moment could I have detected he had cancer. The will of his spirit to hide that from us so that we could enjoy and focus more on his talent on the screen.

Stage 4, at that point, you can tell its death, the cancer really has spread almost all over, colon, appendix, heart. Lymph nodes are very swollen. Patients lose the ability to talk, their eyes enlarge and close as they feel the pain. Oxycodone and morphine basically have no effect. They can barely move. You're basically trying to carry an almost lifeless person. They are quite skinny like a skeleton. Think Steve Jobs in 2010 or 2011 when he looked so skinny and unhealthy.

Really sorry for your loss bro 🙏🏽

Rest in peace to your sister fam. You're incredibly strong for sharing that. She's smiling down on you.

Really sorry for your loss bro 🙏🏽
Rest in peace to your sister fam. You're incredibly strong for sharing that. She's smiling down on you.
Very, very sorry for your loss man. Reading this made me tear up. Before reading this, I thought chemo was the main cause for pain and discomfort.
Thank you my brothers, but I'm ready to be there. I said in her eulogy, the good die young, its true, right. But God's plan is what it is. Rich or poor, young or old, life is life, death is death. Our time is short.

Last edited by a moderator:

My condolences.

Back
Top Bottom