R.I.P. ESPN's Stuart Scott Passes Away This Morning

Rest in peace Stu. I will miss seeing you on the air.

Life is short. People give me funny looks or brush it off when I talk about my life possibly being more than half over (I'm 30) but the fear is real. Gotta get busy livin or get busy dying.

One of the best anchors on ESPN.  He and his phrases will definitely be missed.

RIP Stu Scott
tired.gif

Woke up to very sad news, he was one of the best. I know he had a long battle with cancer, but it's very inspirational to have seen him stay positive and not give up the fight. I wish his daughters nothing but the best, as you can tell they meant the world to him.

RIP Stuart

Rest easy my man.

One of the first anchors I remember watching when I was younger, reason I loved espn so much.  Was a great guy.  Such a humble man. 

Cant get into espn anymore, a bunch obnoxious, ego mainiacs hosting the shows. 

RIP Stuart Scott! Him and Van Pelt are the resson why I started watching sportscenter back in the day.

Last edited:
Rich Eisen piece was getting me

Ive never been upset over a celebrity passing but this one i feel
:frown:

I'd watch highlights of sports I had zero interest in, just to listen to his comments. A true virtuoso in his craft. So many quotables.

Rest in peace and prayers to his family.

Sportscenter in the late 90's was some top shelf programming and Stu was the ring leader.

Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick, Craig Kilborn, all funny dudes, but Stuart stood out from the rest.

I am not surprised. It kept coming back and he said he barely made it to the espys. So I could guess it wasn't getting better. But he showed amazing valor to receive that award in person and to broadcast when he could. But its been a while since we last saw him so...in my gut, I knew. Sad..at his age and he said he didn't want to leave his daughters behind.

His speech was profoundly uplifting and I wish his daughters strength.

He made SC awesome, show won't be the same without him.

As far I know the type of cancer was never made public :nerd:..

Last edited:
Really caught me off guard man...I grew up listening to that dude over highlights every morning.:frown:

RIP. Won't be forgotten.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom