R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

The Kobe Bryant thread
Kobe 2020
Rest up Kobe
Farewell Mamba

"RIP" just seems so cold and informal for a figure that so many of us connected with. Just a general, fateful, borderline harsh statement.

That's kind of what I was thinking.
We do that title for everyone.

But it's whatever, don't want to derail.

ehh...RIP can be described as informal, but its definitely not harsh. If you want to be harsh, you don't wish peace to the dead.

RIP is a fair title...perhaps a better, softer title is warranted.

although their feud broke them apart, i think it made basketball awhole lot more exciting at the time. i loved whenever up their teams matched up, especially the xmas games between lakers and heat. a lot of people questioned whether kobe could win without Shaq & im glad he shut up everybody by winning 2 more without him and ending up with 1 more ring than shaq.

Wild, just as bad as resellers. They didn't use any extra materials to make them.

Man those prices are crazy. I found the espn, la times and Newsweek tribute magazines at target by me. Ended up hitting me for about $47 for all 3 after tax. I need the sports illustrated one and after that, I’ll hold out for anything else.

I remember when he only had two kids that we used to joke that he was waiting for them to reach 18 before splitting from Vanessa so he didn't get hit with child support

"">

Snoop Dogg walks back Gayle King criticism over Kobe sexual assault question as CBS News chief comes to her defense

Several top media figures rushed to King's defense, including CBS News President Susan Zirinsky, New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, and former UN ambassador Susan Rice, who told the rapper to "back the **** off."

And this is a response from a SERIOUSLY Black woman......"This is despicable," Rice wrote on Twitter. "Gayle King is one of the most principled, fair and tough journalists alive. Snoop, back the **** off. You come for @GayleKing, you come against an army. You will lose, and it won't be pretty."

Last edited:
I guess RIP Kobe bryant is fine.

Just sounds so weird.

I think spelling it out whole sounds much nicer and formal at the same time.

“Rest In Peace Kobe Bryant”

Edit: About the tribute magazines prices, don’t they shoot up the cost of making those because they have to pay each photographer credited with taking the photo? Especially a picture heavy tribute magazine.

Today
IMG_20200201_220746 (3).jpg

Went 0/3 in finding the Kobe TIME and ESPN editions today. They're really charging $15 per? :smh:

ESPN one is $15, TIME is $5.99. From what I've seen, do not buy the ESPN one from Amazon as it appears to be a repro. My grocery store has both still in stock, not sure where you have looked but might want to try random grocery stores.

Back
Top Bottom