R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

I saw that in the NY Post. Some old fart craving attention in the worst way. Hopefully he gets the Gayle King treatment.

I looked the writer up. His name is Phil Mushnick. He has a track record of talking funny and making slick articles. **** him. I hope someone violates him.

Phil Mushnick has been talking slick about Black people for decades. So now since he has spoken of Kobe Bryant's past, all of a sudden he should be harmed?

That selective reasoning is quite special.

This is my first time looking him up. I had no clue who he was before yesterday. But the stuff he said about Jay-Z back in 2012 is worse. The post does have some attention craving goofballs in the “opinion” section of it though. His remarks on Gary Sanchez on the Yankees are pretty foul too.

He also wrote a piece about Nike and how it uses NikeTalk as well.
Those of us in NYC have been hip to him and Trump for decades. Nothing new. He was a part of the wilding central park 5 incident in the NY Post, where he and Trump called for the death penalty.

I never really paid the opinion writers for them any mind until I downloaded their app. He’s been talking funny for years. Should’ve been violated in years past, but if the Kobe comments ultimately expose him and his track record to people who weren’t previously aware of him and one of them decides to violate him in front of his wife. I’d be cool with it.

You see, I am not for violating anyone physically when there is cause for debate, discussion. For years, the NY Post had been called out for its right wing lean, and unfair coverage of Black people. For Phil Mushnick and people like him, you can easily defeat them through the discussion of facts, addressing the system that will allow him that platform to say as he wishes, without recourse. Twenty five years ago, the Black Clergy in NYC called for a boycott of the NY Post due to their flawed coverage, and it worked. The Post was forced to reduce their price to 25 cents in order to survive. If you didn't know, The Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch.

That said, I do understand the affinity that many here hold for Kobe, I do get it. But those of you who are suddenly angry, those of you who are not Black, are finally witnessing what Black people face on the daily, all while being alive.

#14/24....taking it back! RIP Mamba!!!
6C75B9D5-C5B9-4908-BCE7-894CBC92C545.jpeg

I saw like 4-5 different Kobe magazines at Barnes and noble... I decided to pass... I’ll cop if they drop something similar but in a book instead

These publishing companies are making a killing with this

I spent nearly $100 at B&N on different commemorative magazines at $15 a pop

wow man, should’ve just bought the ones you really liked. They’re going to keep pumping these mags for the next few years, don’t let them fool you with the whole “limited” thing. Dope that you’re such a loyal fan though.

Are the people that are crying about reselling shoes also crying at ESPN and Time and everyone else selling Kobe clothes and magazines? I was in Target and saw two Kobe magazines for $15, couldn’t believe it.

saw all of them at B&N yesterday, paged through a couple but just don't want to go down that rabbit hole again. Spent plenty of money when he retired, got the Slam magazine, SI commemorative, the LA Times hardcover book, etc. I'd rather have the eulogy of his playing career than his life.

Ordered some Mamba Academy gear on Jan. 30 and still have not heard anything from Eastbay. Should I be concerned or is it safe to assume they are backed up?

Back
Top Bottom