R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

20200224_174429.jpg

Just came back from the whole experience and let me tell u one of the best parts were when their was an awkward silence when a speaker (vanessa, jimmy, etc) had to gather themselves due to tearing/crying....the chants from the crowd of KOBE KOBE KOBE...or “We Love you GIGI!!” was powerful....crowd was insanely loving and very respectful...i think it totally helped the speakers push through. Much love Laker fans #forevermamba 🐍
BAD37D4E-5078-487D-9F3F-536C1EC9B76F.jpeg

072923A7-F9FA-455C-9864-F0F1A941CBF8.jpeg

All the speeches were fantastic. Honestly, if I were Vanessa, I don't think I could have done it. It was quite beautiful to see everyone come together and support one another through those difficult eulogies.

Man, I still remember the day he won the Oscar. Was traveling with a friend, and we were in a hotel watching the Oscars, and Kobe won. I just looked at him like, "one more than Shaq." lol

Still can't believe this is all real.

Just watched it, it was great..Beyoncé actually sounded great... thought Phil would have spoke. I hope this situation brings MJ out more man, we are suppose to appreciate these greats while they’re still here, but it’s hard when you hear everyone talk about how he’s an *** when you meet him and he’s always staying quite.

And just as we all expected, a lot of sorry ****s putting everything from today on Ebay for 500-800+

Shed a tear when shaq said i love you and till we meet again. Maaann.. MJs speech was different cause it was very serious besides the meme joke. But i grew up watching kobe and shaq. That era meant a lot to me. **** still feels unreal wtf smh

just getting a chance to check it out now. may just skim through it. I don't wanna be weeping all night

Last edited:
That GiGi **** hit different man :smh:. Lor shorty really seemed like a great kid....with a bright future and good relationship with her family.

Family man Kobe was something we loved to see. Two things that ***** loved. Breaking our favorite teams hearts in the most annoying (and above average efficiency) fashion....and his family.

Rest easy 2 & 8/24

That GiGi **** hit different man :smh:. Lor shorty really seemed like a great kid....with a bright future and good relationship with her family.

Family man Kobe was something we loved to see. Two things that ***** loved. Breaking our favorite teams hearts in the most annoying (and above average efficiency) fashion....and his family.

Rest easy 2 & 8/24

😭😭😭😭😭

Couldn't make the League like Kobe, like most Lol! But family man Kobe was just as much an inspiration and even more relatable personally than his NBA career.

Watching Kobe and Gigi's journey was definitely something I was looking forward to. Sucks how it was all taken away!

it's crazy to think of the star power and relevance Gigi was going to bring to the WNBA

They just did the slam cover too.....Could def see a timeline where they were showing her high school games on ESPN, and she being the draw. Like, they’ve showed girls high school basketball on ESPNU etc before....but I could see the GiGi stuff taking off on a bigger scale with social media. Shorty had IT. And I loved the confidence that Kobe nem instilled in her.

Must be powerful as a young girl, to hear people always asking your Dad, when is he going to have a son to continue his basketball legacy....and he looks them dead in the face and tells em....my daughter got it. Don’t need one.

Thats hard 🔥

Gotta really give Kobe credit for pushing the women's game since Day 1. He's always admired the fundamentals the WNBA showcases. We all joke and **** on the WNBA but dude was the only prominent NBA superstar from a decade ago championing the cause. 99% of the population would be satisfied with being one of the greatest ever in one profession, Mamba was out there trying to be the best at literally everything. Truly a role model and blueprint for how to pursue greatness.

I wish this didnt happen to my guy. He came back from a torn Achilles and was teaching his daughter and her team the fundamentals of basketball. I know hes hooping in heaven with gigi.

Been a tough day. Cried during the entire memorial, which I was prepared for. But I thought I'd be able to move on after it was over, and I haven't. Been down all day.

I've been trying to figure out how to describe why Kobe's death has the effect on me it has. It goes beyond me being a basketball fan. It goes beyond Kobe having entertained me for 20 of my years on this earth.

Kobe was quite literally everything I wanted to be. I grew up in Chicago. Was blessed to watch Jordan and the Bulls every game. I obviously wanted to be jordan. I practiced the fadeaway. I stuck my tongue out. Tried the reverse layups. But I never came close. Partly because I never grew to be 6'6. But mostly because I didnt put in the work necessary to achieve the dream.

And that's what's ****ing with me. Kobe's death is a mirror of my failure to take advantage of the blessings I've been given in life. Every thing he achieved on and off the court was due to hard work. And every where i feel short in life is due to my lack of hard work.

Just hope to put in half as much effort into the rest of my life as Kobe did in his.

Back
Top Bottom