R.I.P Kobe Bryant.

I am waiting for the parents of Kobe Bryant to be interviewed. It is very unfortunate that outside of Snoop’s acknowledgement, they seem to be forgotten by fans of Kobe, and the media.

They had a strained relationship, so who knows how Kobe really felt about his parents. Signs pointed to them reconciling within the last couple years but you never know.
Judging by the fact they were willing to sell his personal items for quick cash, I'd imagine they'll be doing their media runs sooner, rather than later.

They had a strained relationship, so who knows how Kobe really felt about his parents. Signs pointed to them reconciling within the last couple years but you never know.
Judging by the fact they were willing to sell his personal items for quick cash, I'd imagine they'll be doing their media runs sooner, rather than later.
The underlined is inaccurate. You make it seem as if they were thieves, or doing things unscrupulously to Kobe, and that is not even close to what the deal was between them.

The underlined is inaccurate. You make it seem as if they were thieves, or doing things unscrupulously to Kobe, and that is not even close to what the deal was between them.

it was definitely unscrupulously to Kobe considering that he sued to stop the sale. parents weren't thieves, though. they were definitely ungrateful.

Mama Pam needs more love and affection during this time. We don’t know the extent of the relationship beyond what was reported with their shaky history in later years but I feel as much for her as I do Vanessa. There was a moment when the camera panned to them at the memorial and her and Joe looked just so broken....man :smh: Memorabilia allegedly being sold for whatever reason, she birthed a legend. Nothing should overlook that.

2A64F1C3-AC4E-4A67-AB95-9EC33482354C.jpeg

it was definitely unscrupulously to Kobe considering that he sued to stop the sale. parents weren't thieves, though. they were definitely ungrateful.
I think that you have the story wrong as well, and if we were to view the situation from the perspective of the parents, it should have been Kobe who should have been more grateful.

At no point in time had Kobe ever had to worry about having a roof over his head, food on his plate, wearing nice clothes to school. At no point in his short life and then unfortunate death, did he ever need to worry about leaving an impoverished household, escaping gang violence or parental abuse, as did many who shared the same skin as he. That was because of his parents.

This is the story that is missing.

I think that you have the story wrong as well, and if we were to view the situation from the perspective of the parents, it should have been Kobe who should have been more grateful.

At no point in time had Kobe ever had to worry about having a roof over his head, food on his plate, wearing nice clothes to school. At no point in his short life and then unfortunate death, did he ever need to worry about leaving an impoverished household, escaping gang violence or parental abuse, as did many who shared the same skin as he. That was because of his parents.

This is the story that is missing.

lol at your perspective of life & the story.

Did Kobe asked to be born? Nope. He doesn't owe his parents anything.

lol at your perspective of life & the story.

Did Kobe asked to be born? Nope. He doesn't owe his parents anything.
The story of what happened between them is well documented, so it isn't simply perspective.
However, your comment about not owing parents anything is simply not true, but that angle is indeed a matter of perspective. If Kobe Bryant came from a background in which he was afforded nothing, constantly abused, then battled to success? That'd be a different story.

What is missing from this supposed hard work narrative about Kobe, is that his parents were well off and connected, which afforded Kobe the time and resources to do what he did as a kid.

So no, while he did not ask to be born, he was born into a pretty good situation.

The story of what happened between them is well documented, so it isn't simply perspective.
However, your comment about not owing parents anything is simply not true, but that angle is indeed a matter of perspective. If Kobe Bryant came from a background in which he was afforded nothing, constantly abused, then battled to success? That'd be a different story.

What is missing from this supposed hard work narrative about Kobe, is that his parents were well off and connected, which afforded Kobe the time and resources to do what he did as a kid.

So no, while he did not ask to be born, he was born into a pretty good situation.

what's the story then?

1. Kobe offered to buy his parents a house in Vegas
2. Parents were ungrateful & demanded for a bigger house than the one Kobe offered.
3. Parents tried selling Kobe memorabilia
4. Kobe sue to stop that from happening
5. They agreed that the parents could sell 6 items

how is that not the story?

Once again, kids don't ask to be born. As parents, it's your responsibility to do your best to raise the kid because you made the decision to bring a kid into this world. Your kid doesn't owe you anything because it was your decision to do it. Same principles apply when you adopt.

what's the story then?

1. Kobe offered to buy his parents a house in Vegas
2. Parents were ungrateful & demanded for a bigger house than the one Kobe offered.
3. Parents tried selling Kobe memorabilia
4. Kobe sue to stop that from happening
5. They agreed that the parents could sell 6 items

how is that not the story?

Once again, kids don't ask to be born. As parents, it's your responsibility to do your best to raise the kid because you made the decision to bring a kid into this world. Your kid doesn't owe you anything because it was your decision to do it. Same principles apply when you adopt.
The problem with what you've written is that it does not start at the beginning, and what began the rift in the first place. Jerry West alluded to it in his interview on Inside the NBA. Placing it all in its proper context will place all actions, by all parties, in their proper perspective. I am certain that you understand this.

As far as being a parent is concerned, it does all depend on how view the parent child relationship, and how family is viewed as well. I do not know how you've developed your position of the parent child relationship, but I do not agree with it, as do many other cultures around the globe. These cultures do practice ancestral worship, and your parents are your ancestors as well. So I humbly disagree with you.

Seeing that Kobe was afforded each and every opportunity to succeed? I do not see why being grateful is a such a problem.

The problem with what you've written is that it does not start at the beginning, and what began the rift in the first place. Jerry West alluded to it in his interview on Inside the NBA. Placing it all in its proper context will place all actions, by all parties, in their proper perspective. I am certain that you understand this.

As far as being a parent is concerned, it does all depend on how view the parent child relationship, and how family is viewed as well. I do not know how you've developed your position of the parent child relationship, but I do not agree with it, as do many other cultures around the globe. These cultures do practice ancestral worship, and your parents are your ancestors as well. So I humbly disagree with you.

Seeing that Kobe was afforded each and every opportunity to succeed? I do not see why being grateful is a such a problem.

isn't the problem that started the rift was that Kobe married a non-black woman? lol

"These cultures do practice ancestral worship"
:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Black Americans don't practice that

:rofl: :rofl:

i get your point now. it's weird AF & i'm sure most people don't agree with it, but do you.

isn't the problem that started the rift was that Kobe married a non-black woman? lol

"These cultures do practice ancestral worship"
:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Black Americans don't practice that

:rofl: :rofl:

i get your point now. it's weird AF & i'm sure most people don't agree with it, but do you.
From what has been written and spoken about, yes, the issue was that Kobe married a woman that his parents did not find to be acceptable. If Kobe were not in the NBA, then the average cat in the street coming from an impoverished background? He'd face the same scrutiny that many Black people face, when they enter interracial relationships. Pam and Joe Bryant were looking out for their son, in racist white america.

To your point of what Black Americans do? I am Black, and I happen to live in america. I practice ancestral worship, as many other Black people do. It is no more weird AF than a bunch of people kneeling and worshiping some god and his blond haired and blue eyed buddy, then reading from a book based upon fiction every sunday morning.

From what has been written and spoken about, yes, the issue was that Kobe married a woman that his parents did not find to be acceptable. If Kobe were not in the NBA, then the average cat in the street coming from an impoverished background? He'd face the same scrutiny that many Black people face, when they enter interracial relationships. Pam and Joe Bryant were looking out for their son, in racist white america.

To your point of what Black Americans do? I am Black, and I happen to live in america. I practice ancestral worship, as many other Black people do. It is no more weird AF than a bunch of people kneeling and worshiping some god and his blond haired and blue eyed buddy, then reading from a book based upon fiction every sunday morning.

i don't think ancestral worship is weird AF.

i think your stance on this Kobe and his parents situation is weird AF, but once again, do you.

also, 100% agree with you on the religion part lol.

My stance is that Kobe Bryant never knew struggle. His parents should be commended for such.

100% but i don't think Kobe owes his parents anything for that. That's the parents doing their job.

Should Kobe showed his gratuity when he was alive? I think so, but if he doesn't, he shouldn't be fault for it.

We have a pretty good idea of how Kobe was as a person. Does he seem like he would be ungrateful about that situation? Just because you were born into a better life growing up doesn’t mean he’s the one who needs to be more grateful of his parents after what their intentions were in the first place.

100% but i don't think Kobe owes his parents anything for that. That's the parents doing their job.

Should Kobe showed his gratuity when he was alive? I think so, but if he doesn't, he shouldn't be fault for it.
I see where we do not see eye to eye on this, because I do not see parenting as a job to do. I do not come from that mindset, because the idea of the western family dynamic is not something that has benefited Black america. In fact, it has destroyed the Black family.

We have a pretty good idea of how Kobe was as a person. Does he seem like he would be ungrateful about that situation? Just because you were born into a better life growing up doesn’t mean he’s the one who needs to be more grateful of his parents after what their intentions were in the first place.
So an already successful family had a son, so they could take advantage of him? Is this what you are saying?

So an already successful family had a son, so they could take advantage of him? Is this what you are saying?
So a son praising where he grew up and thankful for the things he learned coming up One day decided not to ever talk to his parents again. Are you mad he came up with money but had the mentality coming up like he was broke.

Back
Top Bottom