R.I.P. Pimp C - found Dead

Originally Posted by JayFiend45

CincoSeisDos wrote:
my condolences to his fam, but honestly, rot in pieces to this cat. at least %#*% will HOPEFULLY quiet down a bit, dude talked wreckless for the hell of it with nothing to back him up. BunB IS UGK, not this dope.
son...
9c435370e93ea51bb12e46110a7bac074b6374c.gif

Speaking of talkin wreckless...

Pimp C had the right to talk wreckless. He was the one BEHIND UGK, and most of the good texas rap from back in the day. Educate yourself.

I still can't believe it. Well like the song said "One day you're here, but then you're gone." finally hit.
frown.gif

R.I.P. Pimp C AKA Chad Butler and thanks for all the songs and memories.
tired.gif

R.I.P PIMP C

I couldn't believe it when I heard it, still doesn't feel right. His presence will definately be missed.

that Bun-B interview is GREAT btw...thats a must-listen, prolly the best Ive heard this year. I need a mp3 of that...PO, if you got it, post it...

posted on VIBE.com
On Tuesday, December 4, Chad "Pimp C" Butler was found dead in a Hollywood hotel. Three 6 Mafia's DJ Paul, one ofthe last people to see him alive, gives VIBE the run-down of his final days.

The only reason he came to L.A. was to record with us [Three 6 Mafia]. We had put out two singles but the label didn't really get behind the singles. So Pimp actually recorded five songs on our new album and he was like, "Man I'm about to come out there," and he told us this for two months.

He finally came that Thursday and was like, "Man, I'm ready to work!"

I had went to this Bentley convention, and he told me, "Yeah, I'm going to go!" and I was like, "Man, it's over now." So he said, "Let's go to the studio. I'm going to be here until Sunday or Monday."

Last time I saw him was Friday. We recorded one of our new singles for the new Three 6 Mafia album. His spirit was high. We worked from like 3 a.m., to 11, 12 in the morning. Matter-of-fact, I fell asleep [in the studio] and he was still in there, and I was like, "Man, you still working?"

Saturday, I heard he went and performed with Too $hort. I didn't hear from him Sunday. I thought he had went and hung with Too $hort. So my manager Rick Martin - we got the same manager - talked to him on Sunday at 4 or 5 o'clock. Pimp had to go back [home] for his parole and he missed his flight. My manager called [Pimp's] cousin like, "You seen Pimp?"

He called the hotel and was like, "Could you go check on my artist?" And this was Tuesday morning - and they ain't called him back. So then he got in his car and headed that way. And [the hotel staff] said, "It's a situation, and we can't tell you on the phone."

My manager called me and said, "Man, don't start no rumors, but I think it might be something wrong with Pimp. . . I think he might be going to jail or he might be dead." When he pulled up [to the hotel] it was police cars and ambulances and he was like, "Oh, $***."

He called me and I was in the bed. I found out before anybody. I didn't believe it at first. He broke the news to Pimp's mother and Pimp's wife. He had to ID the body.

Man… we're going to miss him.

UGK's name says it all. They're the Underground Kingz. They was doing it before us. I use to put their songs on mixtapes, and this was like '91. Pimp always loved my production. That's why he asked me to produce "International Players Anthem". Matter-of-fact I got some beats over here that I recorded for his solo album but he never got a chance to hear it.

r.i.p. pimp c
"i cruise down the Ave. and I'm lookin good...diamonds up against that wood"

^^^ That's crazy, I was at the same club as DJ Paul that Saturday night....Aqua Lounge in Beverly Hills.

I was listening to "One Day" and "Living This Life"
It kinda gave me chills listening..

I pray those tracks get released..

and for any fans that have pictures of him can yall post?

also looking for pics of his chinese character tats.. especially his right arm, when his arm is raised there's just one character but im wondering ifthere's more cause interpretation doesnt quite make sense

i don't know if it has been posted but the awakening is this thurs. in pa, texa at 11am. Thinking about making the drive to attend.

Originally Posted by PO2345

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

that Bun-B interview is GREAT btw...thats a must-listen, prolly the best Ive heard this year. I need a mp3 of that...PO, if you got it, post it...
As you wish...
http://www.zshare.net/audio/54342249049b82/

Now you have the MP3....Back to studying now...
frown.gif

PO

pimp.gif
Thanks a lot man!

eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
for Bun B doing that interview.
I've been meaning to call 97.9 "TheBoxx" in Houston to show love for UGK, and all the fans and other rap artists who knew Pimp C.

Just to show some love for UGK from Columbia, SC.

pimp.gif

Rippimp2.gif

edit: fools talkin down need to do some google searches since y'all herbs don't support artists. pimp c produced somany CLASSICS (yes he made beats) co-produced so many CLASSICS (yes he laid down live instruments) and convinced bun to rap on "one day you'rehere" "pocket full of stones" etc. Hol' up---Chad Butler sang hooks, mixed the tracks, made the beats??? This hurts my heart...I'm doneranting and instead of being sad...I'M JUST GONNA CELEBRATE CUZ TRILL N_ DON'T DIE!

okay now i'm done ranting. RIP Chad Butler BKA Pimp C

Almost 2,000 people came out today to bid farewell to Houston legend Pimp C, including rappers Mike Jones, Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, Webbie, R&B singer Letoya Luckett and lifelong associate Bun B.

Pimp C's funeral was held at 11 a.m. at the Robert A. Bowers Civic Center in his hometown of Port Arthur, Texas. Pimp (born Chad Butler) made up half of the seminal southern hip-hop duo UGK, along with Bun. The group gained national fame performing alongside Jay-Z on "Big Pimpin'" and also earned a Grammy nomination this year for their OutKast collabo "International Players Anthem."

The family asked that all in attendance wear "appropriate funeral attire," according to Houston's KFDM-TV and according to the news outlet there were no problems with dress or behavior at the ceremony. The mood was quiet and respectful, but not somber.

One label rep for Jive talked about how Pimp had come to him wanting the new Bentley to be in the then upcoming "Big Pimpin" video. The rep said he told Pimp they could never get that car for the video, but Pimp C made it happen.

The representative also addressed Port Arthur Mayor Delores Prince, who was in attendance, and said he hoped to one day see a Chad Butler Blvd. in the city. Funeral goers erupted in standing applause.

Pimp C, 33, was found dead in a Hollywood hotel room on Dec. 4. While the cause of Pimp C's death is still unkown, he was found with two prescription drugs given to him by his doctor.

Pimp C leaves behind a wife and three children as well as his mother and father. He is buried at Greenlawn Cemetery in Port Arthur.

Back
Top Bottom