RACISM IN SPORTS

Berube? Same guy who called Peter Worrell a "monkey" back in the day?

A special Sunday Telegraph investigation has obtained video that clearly shows Cambage elbowing her Nigerian opponent in the head during a closed-door practice match in Las Vegas, setting off a shocking chain of events.

In the ensuing mayhem Cambage slaps another Nigerian player across the face and racially vilifies the entire African team by labelling them “monkeys” and telling them to “go back to your third world country”.

Liz Cambage called Nigeria team monkeys, slapped star in Tokyo Olympics meltdown | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site
https://www.news.com.au/sport/baske...e/news-story/013353c7eabbc113b56cbc35ddeaa628

I think that's the case across the board in most sports. There are certain players whose "clean cut" image makes it easier for them to be marketable. For example, JR smith wasn't getting any endorsements with his antics while in a Knicks uniform. Man posted and deleted a pic of Tahiry and got hit with a fine. That's not someone who you would deem as "marketable" to a "family" audience. Whereas you might look at Early Chris Paul/Durant and Steph and they appear to be more marketable.

I think that's the case across the board in most sports. There are certain players whose "clean cut" image makes it easier for them to be marketable. For example, JR smith wasn't getting any endorsements with his antics while in a Knicks uniform. Man posted and deleted a pic of Tahiry and got hit with a fine. That's not someone who you would deem as "marketable" to a "family" audience. Whereas you might look at Early Chris Paul/Durant and Steph and they appear to be more marketable.

Yeah thats how it is for the most part in all the Corporate sports which are basically the mainstream sports. The only exceptions would be in niche sports like combat sports with the Conor Mcgregors, Floyd Mayweathers etc.

Yeah thats how it is for the most part in all the Corporate sports which are basically the mainstream sports. The only exceptions would be in niche sports like combat sports with the Conor Mcgregors, Floyd Mayweathers etc.
Yeah, combat sports is a "gruesome" sport, so they ain't looking to sell granny or the kids anything.

Race is the biggest hurdle but If a woman looks good or has a certain look or thing she's gonna have the followers skill/talent is secondary. Gonzalez twins are probably the perfect example

The average women's gymnast is averaging $17,000 per deal. How popular are non Olympic gymnasts ?

I could see how that is frustrating.

I see in the NBA threads how Diane T or Sue Bird get more of a “push” then some female black athletes.

Besides women’s tennis, is there a sport that really puts butts in seats? The pay ceiling seems higher in tennis than in WNBA.

I could see how that is frustrating.

I see in the NBA threads how Diane T or Sue Bird get more of a “push” then some female black athletes.

Besides women’s tennis, is there a sport that really puts butts in seats? The pay ceiling seems higher in tennis than in WNBA.

Are you talking about in America or Globally? Women's volleyball does in a few leagues around the world and the pay is def on par with the men if not a bit more. Volleyball is the only women's team sport it seems tho as the rest of female athletes that do well financially tend to all be in individual sports

Are you talking about in America or Globally? Women's volleyball does in a few leagues around the world and the pay is def on par with the men if not a bit more. Volleyball is the only women's team sport it seems tho as the rest of female athletes that do well financially tend to all be in individual sports
I was just talking America. My myopic view is based on things here and popular sports here. I don’t really keep up with Foot Ball, Volley Ball, etc globally.

I was just talking America. My myopic view is based on things here and popular sports here. I don’t really keep up with Foot Ball, Volley Ball, etc globally.

Yeah i mean the list of American female athletes making at least $1mil a yr is very short, even with Tennis its a global sport so through the yr they're playing all over the world. Golf is probably next with LPGA having maybe 20+ women grossing at least $1mil a yr from prize winnings and sponsorships. After that its just spread across the sports like Alex Morgan and Rapinoe in Soccer, Simone Biles in Gymnastics, Eileen Gu even tho she makes the bulk of hers from Chinese corporate deals, Sydney Mclaughlin in Track, Kayla Harrison in MMA, Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano in boxing. Even the few female basketball players were only making that playing in Russia or Turkey etc. in recent yrs besides like a Candace Parker from endorsements. Now theres NIL so the female basketball players in the NCAA thats prolly seeing that are Paige Beuckers, Haley Van Lith, Cavinder Twins

I’m not trying to be funny. But the three NCAA players you mentioned are white. There aren’t any great black female basketball players whom also have NIL deals?

I’m not trying to be funny. But the three NCAA players you mentioned are white. There aren’t any great black female basketball players whom also have NIL deals?

4 of them since the Cavinders are twins but yeah there are black female ncaa basketball players getting NIL money but not a mil a yr since a lot of it has to do with social media following size and engagement etc.

Thread

ChuckModi @ChuckModi1 Chris Evert is as bad at calling game for Coco Gauff as she is Serena. Coco makes great shot. Silence. Coco makes mistake. She dwells on it. This is not hypersensitivity. This can be quantified across the whole match. -

Thread

ChuckModi @ChuckModi1 Chris Evert is as bad at calling game for Coco Gauff as she is Serena. Coco makes great shot. Silence. Coco makes mistake. She dwells on it. This is not hypersensitivity. This can be quantified across the whole match. -

I saw Chris Evert and made me think of this classic clip

Back
Top Bottom