RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

More impressed with Butler. I always had Mcgloin starting next if Shaubb stunk it up. Mack showing the action.

Last edited:
Man.I know this is gonna sound bad...but I'm hoping its just a stinger and at worst concussion for Sio.

Man.I know this is gonna sound bad...but I'm hoping its just a stinger and at worst concussion for Sio.
Apparently he is fine...X-Rays came out negative and Vic Tafur said he made it back to Lambeau and is expected to fly with the team back home.

No word yet on how long he'll be out for...

Regarding Schaub - this dude is lucky the DB's have dropped at least one pick-6 per game lol

Vikings, Lions, and Packers defenses have all been owned by McGloin.
It aint his fault they are the 2nd and 3rd stringers.
Shaub did nothing againt 2nd stringers today.

Like Simms said: "i dont care who you are playing against...those are great throws"

I think the staff needs to have a serious discussion about having a short leash on Schaub for the start of the season and plugging in McGloin at starter.

At worst we can show off McGloin for potential trade partners.

McGloin> Shaub Game 1. Defense will get better. MJD! 
pimp.gif
 if McFadden and MJD stay healthy we can be dangerous come November, December. 

as raiders' fans, just wondering what your initial reactions were to the raiders picking up Schaub a few months ago?

Worked during the game so I haven't watched yet. Never wanted Schaub but was open to giving him a chance. It's only preseason so I'd wait a game or 2 but if this is what were stuck with and you want Carr to develop you let McG cool.

Never wanted him but since we only gave up a 6th rounder. I was willing to give him a chance. It's preseason but he looks awful throwing the ball

I think Schaub will get benched sometime this season, he made some nice throws but overall his arm looks dead. In his defense the line was kind of shaky and there were drops but his passes look like they are just floating out there.

I know Carr is the future but it's kind of ridiculous that McGloin wasn't QB2 at the least. I'm a firm believer that rookies should be holding a clipboard, especially in his case with what happened with his brother. I rather have him start in a good situation than get thrown in the fire cause the head coach is trying to keep his job.

Back
Top Bottom