RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

I'm yet to see Carr play but he must be something special if yall are calling him the future in spite of Mcgloin's preseason play. McGloin definitely looks like he deserves to be starter, at least over schuab, who's out there throwing to phantom receivers or throwing way behind them.

he's confirming a lot of what we've all been saying about his confidence being shot. he's the only veteran qb on the team yet looks like the most anxious and out of sync with his receivers

I'm yet to see Carr play but he must be something special if yall are calling him the future in spite of Mcgloin's preseason play. McGloin definitely looks like he deserves to be starter, at least over schuab, who's out there throwing to phantom receivers or throwing way behind them.

he's confirming a lot of what we've all been saying about his confidence being shot. he's the only veteran qb on the team yet looks like the most anxious and out of sync with his receivers

When you draft a QB in the 2nd round he's the future. Same when SF draft Kap

In my mind McGloin proved in his starts last year that he's at worst a bottom tier starting NFL QB. He should be doing work against these third string defenses.

Schaub is :x

Give it to McGloin from day one. Continue to let both him and Carr develop.

Last edited:
Like many others I didn't want schaub.... But was willing to give him a chance. And dude...he looks bad. Along the way his skin got thinnnn. He's going to be eaten alive in Oakland

Dennis Allen will not name a starter for next week's game. He said Carr will be 2nd string no matter what. Also confirmed Sio's injury isn't serious.

if schuab isnt starting the next preseason game, whatever confidence that he has remaining will evaporate. must feel like being the starting PG of your varsity team for three years, and then getting benched in favor of a freshman your senior year

i wouldn't be disappointed if allen did pull him, schuab has no business wasting Carr/Mcgloin's opportunity to be in with the first unit offense

Last edited:

I agree. I dont get it either. I watched Mountain West football and he isnt anything special.,.just solid. I dont think he should be given the keys until he can outplay Shaub amd especially McGloin who is the same age as him.

People criticize Allen and McKenzie yet like their pick up of Carr. I dont trust anything those two bone heads have done. Mack was a slam dunk so thats the only draft pick i like, the rest were shots in the dark that have a 50/50 chance of panning out. Hayden last year smh

Last edited:
I think the staff is much more inclined to pull the cord on Schaub this time around than it was last year with Flynn. They know they're unquestionably on notice this season, they have to deliver.

honestly 2 weeks but I feel he will get pulled during our first home game...he aint silver n black material.

Back
Top Bottom