RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Coaches definitely showed us they can these guys playing football. We need Sio and Roach back, Miles and Maiava are terrible.

Olson still trash. Not sure what our offense is going to look like next week if MJD is out.

Of course what we need to do is pick up the best available WRs we can in the offseason. It's clear we have no depth at the position when we're stressing the loss of someone like Streater, who while isn't a bad player by any stretch, isn't a clear cut #1 on most any team in the league.
Not the answer, but we did sign Vincent Brown this past week 
ohwell.gif

Justin Tuck was interviewed and he mentioned something that they didn't change scheme much, they just played with more effort...like WTF does that mean? 
laugh.gif

mad.gif
 I seriously doubt no scheme was changed, I don't buy that for a second...DA is still in doubt IMO. This dude did get them to perform better, but he needs do a better job of motivating this team if they had no effort the first two weeks. 

To me a head coach needs to do two things:

Put his team in the best positions to win battles.

Motivate the team to continue fighting.

I don't know if DA has those two qualities...

[CONTENTEMBED=/t/600799/raider-nation-season-thread-9-28-vs-miami-dolphins-london/1110#post_21642494 layout=inline]

Justin Tuck was interviewed and he mentioned something that they didn't change scheme much, they just played with more effort...like WTF does that mean? :lol:  >:  I seriously doubt no scheme was changed, I don't buy that for a second...DA is still in doubt IMO. This dude did get them to perform better, but he needs do a better job of motivating this team if they had no effort the first two weeks. 

To me a head coach needs to do two things:

Put his team in the best positions to win battles.
Motivate the team to continue fighting.

I don't know if DA has those two qualities...

Woodson was also asked about it and he said something about not wanting a guy to get fired on your watch.

It's pretty embarrassing really. I know the head coach has a lot to do with getting the team up for games. But at the end of day I would expect players who are being compensated quite well to actually do their jobs.

The guys says all offseason "it's a new environment" and "the guys are all fired up about the season" but they didn't play with effort the first 2 games of the season?
We need to beat Miami. Part of me just wants us to get another high pick and keep adding cornerstones for the future but I'm just so sick of watching this team lose and I expected more than what I've seen so far from them.
Also, I think it's time we move on from Branch as our SS, he just goes down every year and it's always for a long period of time.

Schedule is tough we will still get a top 7 pick if we go winless :x. I agree with Branch being let go I remember reading this offseason they were hearing rumors.

Josh Dubow @JoshDubowAP · 22h
McFadden has gone 66 straight carries w/out a run longer than 10 yds. Had 19-yarder on 10/27/13 vs Pit #Raiders

You had DMC fans saying Murray sucks when he got like 3 carries. :lol:

Oakland Raiders – Performances of Note

Khalil Mack, LB: +6.2

Breakdown: Mack was excellent for the second week in a row, and gave Nate Solder trouble throughout the game. The rookie recorded four run stops, and added two hits on Brady on his way to a game-best +6.2 grade.

Signature Stat: Mack was especially dominant in the run game, earning a +5.8 grade.

Austin Howard, RG: -3.0

Breakdown: Oakland’s offense finished the game with a cumulative -9.1 run blocking grade, and Howard was the worst offender after earning a -2.7 in that department. Howard also allowed a hit and a hurry.

Signature Stat: The Raiders ran 11 times for just 28 yards between the right A and B gaps behind Howard.

Denarius Moore, WR: -2.4

Breakdown: Moore was targeted seven times and caught three passes for just 23 yards, including two drops. Moore’s 0.96 Yards per Route Run for the game would rank second-worst among qualifying recievers so far in 2014.

Signature Play: Moore’s second dropped pass caromed off of Logan Ryan, right into the arms of DT Vince Wilfork for the game-sealing interception.

The run blocking hasn't helped their cause either. Pass protection has been solid and was pretty damn good yesterday but it looks like the line just bunches in together when they run and no holes are created.

They need a firey HC who will light a fire under these guys. Dennis Allen is not that at all.

Todd Bowles comes to mind

I want no part of Greg Roman

I'm good off Roman too. Bowles is cool, I like him.
A few Carr notes:
Carr was 5-6 for 63 yards targeting Revis with a PI also. That is tied for 2nd most completions on Revis past 6 seasons.
On 3rd down Carr is 15-28 with 139 yards and 8 first downs.

I like that the kid has confidence and balls. Something I've rarely seen from Raider players.

He really is extremely poised in the pocket. Doesn't get phased at all when he has a pass rusher in his face and that release is quick as ****
Sometimes it's so obvious dude grew up idolizing Favre :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom