Ralph Nader calls newly elected Barack Obama an Uncle Tom

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by ESPNonthescreen

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by sStutter

I don't get what the issue is. Nader didn't call Obama an Uncle Tom but rather explained the two paths that Obama could legitimately walk down that would ultimately define his legacy as president.
indifferent.gif
to Shepard.

QFT, I don't think he was wrong at all in what he said... Could have used some more tact, but still not wrong...
indifferent.gif
*$%!+... even if you agree with his point, why did he look in the camera and say he wasn't sorry for saying "Uncle Tom"? how is there any excuse for that?

Ralph Nader is an idiot

Ralph Nader is smarter than you.
sStutter:
smh.gif
If you don'tACTUALLY realize what the issue

eaalto:
" smart" is rather objective, but Shepard clearly outlined why that was na idiotic decision for Nader to use and continue to supporthis usage of that term. Obviously the theory behind what he was saying is easy to understand and a valid point, but I don't think its very"smart" for a political figure to use that term in light of the situation as a whole. Like all he has to do is use another word and it makes thestatement that more positively effective. There's no secret that word choice can dictate feeling behind an opinion even if you opinion is 100% valid.

Essentially, I see what he's saying and agree with him on the point he made about the people holding President Obama to a very high standard... but really,he could have chosen a better word.

i get what he was saying but man he could of used a better term than that. i mean i know the historical context but a lot of people don't and will takethat and run with it

He needs better word choosing cause that phase makes him look like he's barking at obamas feet.

He needs better word choosing cause that phase makes him look like he's barking at obamas feet.

"Really?"
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

"Not....At....All"
laugh.gif

he is a little crazy ut i like Ralph Nader's ideas and he def. has the ideas that could lead to a better America...but the use of that term...
smh.gif
...he hasno right to use that...but he did make a hell of a point...we will see how it shakes out...Oh boy came at him a few times with the irrelevantcomment...shoudn't have brought him on the show

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by ESPNonthescreen

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by sStutter

I don't get what the issue is. Nader didn't call Obama an Uncle Tom but rather explained the two paths that Obama could legitimately walk down that would ultimately define his legacy as president.
indifferent.gif
to Shepard.

QFT, I don't think he was wrong at all in what he said... Could have used some more tact, but still not wrong...
indifferent.gif
*$%!+... even if you agree with his point, why did he look in the camera and say he wasn't sorry for saying "Uncle Tom"? how is there any excuse for that?

Ralph Nader is an idiot

Ralph Nader is smarter than you.
sStutter:
smh.gif
If you don't ACTUALLY realize what the issue

eaalto:
" smart" is rather objective, but Shepard clearly outlined why that was na idiotic decision for Nader to use and continue to support his usage of that term. Obviously the theory behind what he was saying is easy to understand and a valid point, but I don't think its very "smart" for a political figure to use that term in light of the situation as a whole. Like all he has to do is use another word and it makes the statement that more positively effective. There's no secret that word choice can dictate feeling behind an opinion even if you opinion is 100% valid.

There was nothing that Ralph Nader said or did that was "idiotic." It was tactless, yes, but not stupid. Did he use a poor choice of words? Yes. Was his point valid? Yes. People are taking the phrase out of context and not addressing the whole statement. It's sensationalism. My only point wasthat this guy openly called Ralph Nader stupid, and he doesn't even compare.

I think it was taken out of context. He should have worded it differently. It wasn't meant to be offensive.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

I think it was taken out of context. He should have worded it differently. It wasn't meant to be offensive.
im sure he thought he was being clever, so did Don Imus.

Back
Top Bottom