Ramadan

just getting some quality meals in , cleaning the house
also mentally listing books to read (in addition to Qua-ran of course) ; body cant eat feed the mind

*i was waiting on that avatar to start it up on here
laugh.gif

just getting some quality meals in , cleaning the house
also mentally listing books to read (in addition to Qua-ran of course) ; body cant eat feed the mind

*i was waiting on that avatar to start it up on here
laugh.gif

can yall give a "brief" list of things about Ramadan? why its done, whats given up, etc?

nothin to detailed just a lil info for those who dont know much (me) thanks

can yall give a "brief" list of things about Ramadan? why its done, whats given up, etc?

nothin to detailed just a lil info for those who dont know much (me) thanks

Originally Posted by jthagreat

nothin to detailed just a lil info for those who dont know much (me) thanksi

Well basicially Ramadan is practiced by Muslims around the world. The reason why we do it is so we can pay respects to Allah (God, same god as Catholics, Christians, etc) and all the things that he's given to us. We fast which means refraining from eating, drinking and sexual activities from dawn until sunset. Fasting is intended to teach Muslims about patience, humility and spirituality and is a time for Muslims to fast for the sake of God. We do this for one moon calender as well. The holy month starts once the moon is sighted and ends when the moon cycle is done for the month.

During Ramadan Muslims must fast, pray, give money to charity, feed others iftaar (the meal you eat to break your fast for the day during sunset), and meditate the mind. It is a month of reflection and Muslims ask forgiveness for past sins, pray for guidance and help in refraining from everyday evils, and try to purify themselves through self-restraint and good deeds.

Well basicially Ramadan is practiced by Muslims around the world. The reason why we do it is so we can pay respects to Allah (God, same god as Catholics, Christians, etc) and all the things that he's given to us. We fast which means refraining from eating, drinking and sexual activities from dawn until sunset. Fasting is intended to teach Muslims about patience, humility and spirituality and is a time for Muslims to fast for the sake of God. We do this for one moon calender as well. The holy month starts once the moon is sighted and ends when the moon cycle is done for the month.

During Ramadan Muslims must fast, pray, give money to charity, feed others iftaar (the meal you eat to break your fast for the day during sunset), and meditate the mind. It is a month of reflection and Muslims ask forgiveness for past sins, pray for guidance and help in refraining from everyday evils, and try to purify themselves through self-restraint and good deeds.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

thanks man.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

thanks man.

This Ramadan is going to be nuts.

My 3 yr old nephew and 4 month old niece are at my house right now and are going to be here all Ramadan
eek.gif
I'm going to be fatigued like crazy.
Not to mention, I'm going to be moving to NYC during the last 10 days of Ramadan.

nonetheless, inshallah this Ramadan will be amazing.
 good luck and stay strong fellas.

My personal goals this month are to
A) Fast the entire month
B) Pray 5 x a day
C) Pray Taraweeh, at least 8 every day and 20 on weekend nights
D) Finish reading the whole Quran

These are lofty goals, though, becuase I've never been able to do any of them.

This Ramadan is going to be nuts.

My 3 yr old nephew and 4 month old niece are at my house right now and are going to be here all Ramadan
eek.gif
I'm going to be fatigued like crazy.
Not to mention, I'm going to be moving to NYC during the last 10 days of Ramadan.

nonetheless, inshallah this Ramadan will be amazing.
 good luck and stay strong fellas.

My personal goals this month are to
A) Fast the entire month
B) Pray 5 x a day
C) Pray Taraweeh, at least 8 every day and 20 on weekend nights
D) Finish reading the whole Quran

These are lofty goals, though, becuase I've never been able to do any of them.

Not muslim, but have fasted during ramadan before. Its amazing the discipline and mental will needed to prepare your body for something such as fasting and cleansing of the mind. It really is a month for self reflection and getting closer  to God . Lupe's track "muhammed walks" stays in constant play during ramadan, this song gives you that extra push, it's so deep. (lupe/) "during hajj we walk through ramadan we starve, though you not eating theres a feeding of the mind a defeating of the demons" (lupe/)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I encourage non-muslims to try it out you'll be surprised how good you'll feel, once you have accomplished something as fasting a whole day. You could start out small and just fast till lunch time if you're not used to it. Many people convert to islam during ramadan. To all my muslim brothers RAMADAN MUBARAK wish you guys nothing but blessings during this holy month. 1LUV

Not muslim, but have fasted during ramadan before. Its amazing the discipline and mental will needed to prepare your body for something such as fasting and cleansing of the mind. It really is a month for self reflection and getting closer  to God . Lupe's track "muhammed walks" stays in constant play during ramadan, this song gives you that extra push, it's so deep. (lupe/) "during hajj we walk through ramadan we starve, though you not eating theres a feeding of the mind a defeating of the demons" (lupe/)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I encourage non-muslims to try it out you'll be surprised how good you'll feel, once you have accomplished something as fasting a whole day. You could start out small and just fast till lunch time if you're not used to it. Many people convert to islam during ramadan. To all my muslim brothers RAMADAN MUBARAK wish you guys nothing but blessings during this holy month. 1LUV

Awww yeah, Ramadan is coming up.
pimp.gif
I usually gain more weight than I lose during Ramadan because, all the greasy food my mom makes.
laugh.gif
Desi dishes ftl!!

Back
Top Bottom