Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It’ll be interesting to see how Drake is perceived after this. He should be cooked but he’s talented and the machine still messes with him

He could either pivot to movies which would be smart or do the album with sexy Redd

Unfortunately for him, that same machine is behind Kendrick :lol:

Unfortunately for him, that same machine is behind Kendrick :lol:
He still got a different machine Kendrick will never have behind him. Thats no slight to Kendrick but Drake can go Hollywood tomorrow and be one of the biggest actors out. That button is there to be pushed. He’s done the espys and SNL. At this point it doesn’t make sense for him to rap

He still got a different machine Kendrick will never have behind him. Thats no slight to Kendrick but Drake can go Hollywood tomorrow and be one of the biggest actors out. That button is there to be pushed. He’s done the espys and SNL. At this point it doesn’t make sense for him to rap

No chance. He hasn’t been in a movie or TV show (SNL doesn’t count) in like 20 years. His name is also the coldest it’s ever been. Studios would not throw roles at him. He could maybe get a small role or two but he’s not becoming a star actor in movies.

No chance. He hasn’t been in a movie or TV show (SNL doesn’t count) in like 20 years. His name is also the coldest it’s ever been. Studios would not throw roles at him. He could maybe get a small role or two but he’s not becoming a star actor in movies.
Disagree. He’s a natural. playing roles on SNL showcase what’s he’s always been which is an actor. Hollywood needs a new brotha to push and he checks those boxes on some male Zoe kravitz.

1718890856880.png

Disagree. He’s a natural. playing roles on SNL showcase what’s he’s always been which is an actor. Hollywood needs a new brotha to push and he checks those boxes on some male Zoe kravitz.

Y’all gotta stop with this, he’s a good actor ****. He’s not, he’s been getting crucified for 10-15 years for claiming mad different areas and having a bag full of accents. He’s been called a plant, a visitor and a fraud damn near since his second album. He’s clearly not good at acting if the cat’s been out of the bag since album 2. It’s just a different era and most people don’t care if he lived or writes his rhymes. When he gets in his hip hop and tough guy bag, he gets laughed at every time.

If he was good, studios would have been offered him roles. I think his labels would advise him to move on from Hip Hop and make more Post Malone and Travis Scott music. Studios aren’t giving a star big roles just cause.

Y’all gotta stop with this, he’s a good actor ****. He’s not, he’s been getting crucified for 10-15 years for claiming mad different areas and having a bag full of accents. He’s been called a plant, a visitor and a fraud damn near since his second album. He’s clearly not good at acting if the cat’s been out of the bag since album 2. It’s just a different era and most people don’t care if he lived or writes his rhymes. When he gets in his hip hop and tough guy bag, he gets laughed at every time.

If he was good, studios would have been offered him roles. I think his labels would advise him to move on from Hip Hop and make more Post Malone and Travis Scott music. Studios aren’t giving a star big roles just cause.
Hollywood isn’t about talent. We don’t have to agree. He’s not like us and that’s going to benefit him too. Throw him with whatever white/latina actress combined with his fan base that eventually ages out of hip hop and you have a recipe for success

I completely understand why Dot passed on filling in for Pac on California Love, but I think he's the one guy the community would be OK with doing it and it would have been awesome. He's Pac of today and I say that while Pac is my all time #1 and it's not close.
I get the comparison but idk if Kendrick could ever be what Pac was culturally. Pac was huge and only made larger in death. Pac also had the acting bag which Kendrick hasn't done yet. Idk if there really will ever be another street rapper that is able to do as much as Pac both culturally and artistically.

Even Pac's biggest rival (BIG) was only competing with him in music, Pac really had too much talent.

I get the comparison but idk if Kendrick could ever be what Pac was culturally. Pac was huge and only made larger in death. Pac also had the acting bag which Kendrick hasn't done yet. Idk if there really will ever be another street rapper that is able to do as much as Pac both culturally and artistically.

Even Pac's biggest rival (BIG) was only competing with him in music, Pac really had too much talent.
Yea tbh I'm old now so idk how big someone is bc I've lost all perspective. Plus there's so much content these days that everyone is scatterbrained and you don't have the giant icons you used to bc the love is more spread around. That's how I see it at least.

Back
Top Bottom